What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

***Sour Diesel (IBL)***Smoke Report***

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Here goes....This is Rez's little jewel and I must say it is quite nice!

The odor/flavor is very similar to the cut....It has really captured the essence of the ECSD cutting...Third bong hit,flavor lingering.....That same type lemon-pinesol-sour-shunky diesely thingy goin on'....There may be something else in there but it will take some time to cipher....

Obviously some hella good selections were made during the process....The high is pretty much spot on also,60/40 to maybe 70/30 head to body ratio...

Also a little more time with her will be needed and luckily a very generous sample sits in front of me...The odor really surprises me it is so so close to the original...

4th Bong hit...

Bud structure seems a "little" different but hardly worth mention...Seems a little airier with more sativa-like bract leaves...Yea,maybe a little airier sativa-like than the cut....Good trich coverage....Not quite as much as the cut but still quite nice...

Nice dizzying head high at this point,little body to speak of...Let's see where we are headed with this....

5th Bong hit......

Permanent grin latching on now...... :woohoo: yes,quite fuckin' nice indeed!
High mellows out to 60/40-65/35 head to body ratio...Very good for me personally..

I would have to say that anyone wanting acess to ECSD will be quite fuckin' happy with a plant like this!!!!!I damn sure would......
I'm not even sure this was the strongest plant from his batch....The odor is so there!
Maybe a little something way back there but hard to say at this point,it's sour diesel...

I have read a little flak about male plants but this is usually attributed to luck of the draw in my experience...I'm not sure what ratio(male/female)SS had but I'm sure it was good or he would have mentioned it to me...

Seriously speaking,this herb is a winner.....Find a nice mom and you will be a happy camper...

Take care all.....................................CC

Oh,sorry I didn't do the rating thingy but it's not my thing and I would have to spend a little more time before making decisions.....

Safari

Good Report Captain. I have never had the ECSD clone so I have not comparison, but I really liked the IBL. What do you think of the duration of the stone? I think the IBL is a bit short lived, but it is made up for in quality. Is the clone known for a short stone???

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Heya Bartender whats happenin' friend?
Good to see you about...
Grat3fulh3ad,
always a pleasure and I must agree with the good diesel comment...
Safari,
Duration,I do not know as I have to stop smokin' to figure that one out....Answer soon come...The cuts high is intense but "shorter" lived....

Take care..............................CC

Oh,the difference I am seeing in odor is just more of a pinesol thingy than the original....It's all there,it just leaves the pinesol flavor in your mouth is all...
Makes it really stand out....

70s_PotHead

HaHa my friend capt crip, it can't be all that good if you were able to take 5 bong rips and still type that report :pointlaug .......naw man i'm just messen with ya, got some sour deez goin myself right now, suppose to be a ECSD cut so it should be good :yummy:

70s :joint:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Ah 70's my friend.....Man if 5 hits could only make not be able to function...
Yeh those were the days....Memories memories...

5 hits just gets me warmed up to really throw down!! :woohoo:

Folks I see sometimes postin' stuff about how noone can take more than 3 hits without throwing up or whatever..Blah,blah,blah.... :jerkit: :yoinks:

Palease....throw that shit over here and let me put your boast to shame....

My lungs are how would you say...."Experienced" yea thats it...

Take care my friend.................................CC

NICE so i take it your liking it !!! i love the ibl ,, i think it si so nice to have something in seed!!! and it be like the cut!!! not all the way but as good as it gets!!!! im so impressed !!! ON THE MALE TO FEMALE RATIO IT WAS VERY FAIR ,, i think i got 4 males and 6 females ,, this sample you have is of a select pheno,, i saw it early on,, and i knew she was gonna be a winner!!! there was one other diesel i fell in love with so much and that was the dsdv2 and this reminds me so much of that plant!!! alot of sanldewood flavor and sour flavor,, i love it REZ GREAT JOB ,,

70s_PotHead

Capt. Crip said:
Ah 70's my friend.....Man if 5 hits could only make not be able to function...
Yeh those were the days....Memories memories...

5 hits just gets me warmed up to really throw down!! :woohoo:

CC

HaHa Capt I know what ya mean, if I could find a 5 hit weed for my wife I wouldnt have to grow so much.......but then what fun would there be in that :moon:

70s :joint:

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Great report CC, it's dead on bro. I'm growing both the clone and some Ibl's so I know what you got. And you told it well. Thanks!

G

Nice... I can't wait until mine are done! When these are finished I am going to smoke a joint of it, let me note that by that time I wouldn't have smoked for 2+ months, so I am just asking for trouble... :yummy:

Kinderfeld said:
Nice... I can't wait until mine are done! When these are finished I am going to smoke a joint of it, let me note that by that time I wouldn't have smoked for 2+ months, so I am just asking for trouble... :yummy:
oh lord !!! you better get near a bed when you smoke it!! lol
man your gonna love it and im happy for ya bro!!! :woohoo: i can't wait to see how fugged up your gonna get!

G

guest3854

I found Rez' SD to be very tasty , with ample stank and good appeal . Pps know your holding , tha funk could get ya in trouble . Killer , sticky trich coverage , right down to tha stems . Potency and duration of high are what concern me . Friends , as well as tha fam. have found ourselves overinduldging due to tha addictive flavor , but find it hard to get to where we wanna be . Duration is pretty short lived . Rez' SD is a good selection , if no access to tha ECSD cannot be had , provided you are running a
muti-plant op . My observation is based on tha 1 female run , I'm sure other experiences may differ .

Here's acoupla pics . Note , tha color is from nute deprevation .

Any pics CC ?

Steele

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
My friend grew it so I have no live pics,I'm sure he does...Maybe he will throw a few up for ya...

The high is short lived but that is common even with the mother cut...
It's good quality herb,not out of this world or anything like that....

If I didn't have the cut I would certainly be happy with this particular plant in my collection...I absolutely love the odor/flavor of this type cannabis....
I do wish overall potency was higher....I will say this....Just like with any quality seed stock if you grow enough you will find a standout....Thats just the way it is..Theres a potent individual to be found.....And the good thing is you can make your own seed to do it as long as you have a nice/(better than the others)female and a stinky (fastest,*most odorous*)male plant...
Then you can really hunt a stanky diesel...

Take care..........................................CC