What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin or QWET better for vape juice?

ganjourno

Hello,
I have a small indoor garden that typically yields about 250grams of dry ice kief per harvest from the sugar trim. I'd like to process this kief into high quality vape juice, and am looking for advice on the best method, considering that my production is not that large and therefore I will not be investing thousands of dollars in high volume processing equipment. I just need a process that can allow me to process my 250grams of kief in an afternoon or two into high quality clear distillate for use in vape pens.

Not going to go with Butane or CO2 so my two main options are QWET or Rosin.

Based on quality first of all, which process reliably produces a better tasting vape liquid?

Any other advice/resources would be much appreciated! I have done a lot of looking into this already but haven't really found a definitive guide for vape juice yet.

Thanks!

watts

ohms
Veteran
I've read that QWISO/QWET is better for vape juice compared to Rosin. Not exactly sure why though. And I don't think you can turn it into "high quality distillate" without spending a lot of money.