What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grassroots Ohio

Picarus

where is the actual amendment? IT says medical but then states you just have to be over 21 to use/possess and under that with a dr.'s approval. I;m confused if this is medical or adult use?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
where is the actual amendment? IT says medical but then states you just have to be over 21 to use/possess and under that with a dr.'s approval. I;m confused if this is medical or adult use?

Prudent use, medical. Some states have 18 for medical....guess Ohio has 21. It's a step in the right direction.

Picarus

Hey Arid,
It states that with a dr.'s note you can have access under 21, but it sounds like adult use if you are over 21. I'm gonna read the entire doc though.

Picarus

Here is one that was just sent to me. Not sure if OMCC and grassroots are different or not. If not I see at least 3 proposals sitting on the AG's desk. Hopefully they can get a good medical bill passed in the state.

Attachments

• ohio petition v17.pdf
    453.1 KB · Views: 121

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FULL TEXT OF THE AMENDMENT
Whereas, cannabis has accepted medical uses in treatment in the United States; and

Whereas, science and common sense reveal cannabis to be a medicinal plant with much potential to relieve human suffering; and

Whereas, Ohio citizens desire to reclaim their freedom to select cannabis as the medicinal treatment of their choice understanding this amendment applies only to Ohio law and state action, and does not immunize violations of federal law.

Now therefore be it resolved by the people of the State of Ohio:

That the Constitution of the State of Ohio be amended by adopting a section to be designated as Section 22 to Article I, thereof, entitled “Medicinal Cannabis and Industrial Hemp” to read as follows:

Medicinal cannabis, or cannabis, commonly referred to as marijuana, marihuana or hemp, is defined as all parts of any plant of the genus Cannabis, whether growing or not. Industrial hemp is defined as non*intoxicating varieties of the plant genus Cannabis grown and processed for nonmedicinal purposes. {1}

Residents who have attained the age of majority shall have the right to possess, process, transport, use, share, and cultivate cannabis for medicinal purpose {2}. This right shall not be infringed except that the commercial production of cannabis, extraction of cannabis by solvents, the use of cannabis or cannabis extracts as an additive in foods and the transfer of cannabis by purchase or sale may be taxed and shall be regulated in the interest of public health and safety. Non*residents and residents who have not attained the age of majority may be administered medicinal cannabis only under the direction of a licensed physician.{3}

Residents shall have the right to farm, process, and conduct commerce in industrial hemp, for all lawful purposes including, but not limited to, paper, seed oil, food, body care products, fuel, building materials, auto parts, and clothing.{4}

Industrial hemp and medicinal cannabis shall be researched, regulated, and promoted by the State in a manner substantially similar to other agricultural crops. Industrial hemp and medicinal cannabis, in all forms, are hereby removed from Schedule I classification in the State’s Schedule of Controlled Substances one year after adoption of this amendment.{5}

There shall be a fair and transparent process for determining cannabis-related commercial licensing that provides equal access to business ownership and employment for all Ohioans who have attained the age of 21 years old.

Nothing in this Amendment authorizes any person to engage in, nor prohibits the imposition of civil, criminal, or other penalties for undertaking any task under the influence of cannabis, when doing so would constitute negligence or professional malpractice; or to operate, navigate or be in actual physical control of any motorized conveyance or heavy machinery while under the influence of cannabis.

An individual shall not be considered to be under the influence of cannabis under Ohio law solely because of the presence of active or inactive metabolites of cannabis in the individual’s urine, blood, tissue, hair or skin, or as detectable by any other measure of body chemistry. The legal definition of impairment as a result of cannabis use, and applicable testing to determine such impairment, shall be based on scientific evidence of impairment.

Nothing in this Amendment shall interfere with or change the ban on smoking in public places under the Smoke Free Workplace Act.

The provisions of this section are intended to be severable, and the invalidity of one or more of such provisions shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. No other provision of the Ohio Constitution shall impair the rights enumerated herein.

1... Hemp cannot be grown for it's medical (CBD) value!
This is huge & needs changed previous to voting on.

2... This is a medical cannabis bill not recreational.

3...Unless recomendations from out of state are honored, this bill disrespects the rights of citizens of other states.

4...All good for industrul hemp. That needs to be opened such that hemp can be grown for mefical extraction as well.

5... Does this mean as soon as cannabis is removed from Scheduling that cannabis will be effectively legal?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You would, would you?

I see you haven't done that yet....

Would you?

I'm a lazy pothead so if you would....

We're all waiting.

The only legalization effort that included industrial hemp, which is one of my necessities in a real bill, is this one as far as I've seen.

Progress (seemingly) from last years attempted fuckery but probably loaded with the same pitfalls.

It's trickery! The real "grass roots" bill that we been waiting for is "Legalize 2016"! And it would have been recreational. They are trying to expidite this one which is for medical use vapor only. The roots of the grass have been talking for years and they said Legalize 2016 is what we want.