What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ohio - 'no' on 2 - 'yes' on 3

artfog

I am taking time to post a warning on Ohio ballot “Issue 3” Issue 3 is to legalize marijuana in Ohio. You may or may not have heard about the conflict between “Issue 2” and 3. Still here is a update which can be referenced from http://www.toledocitypaper.com/October-Issue-2-2015/The-2015-Voters-Guide/#Community the Toledo City Paper, 21 October 2015, p 12, “you think you got issues?” In brief 1) Issue 2 also called the “anti-monopoly” amendment would not only prevent ballot initiatives to create a monopoly but could also nullify Issue 3 directly. If you want to makesure you voted to legalize marijuana in Ohio vote “NO” for issue 2 and “YES” for issue 3
http://www.toledocitypaper.com/October-Issue-2-2015/The-2015-Voters-Guide/#Community

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Vote No on Issue 3 and Yes on Issue 2.

Letting 10 evil cartel scumbags take away the ability for anyone to prosper without still being a criminal and if they win the rest of the states will follow this type of bullshit.
Once they get in nobody is going to put up millions of dollars to stop them in the future.

Voting Yes on Issue 2 and No on Issue 3 is two votes against issue 3 and allows a judge too decide, seeing that people voted it legal and also voted no cartel should be an easy decision for any judge with a brain.

P.S. If Voting this way fucks the whole thing up, then so be it don't let them fool you into accepting a bullshit offer and sacrificing more then its worth to line there pockets. Wait for a real issue with fair rights.

kinesis

issue 2 takes voters rights away and gives power to the Ohio legislature to decide.
it is cloaked as an 'anti monopoly' bill but the media isn't disclosing the full facts.

if issue 2 passes there will be no legal marijuana in Ohio ever.

...but
if issue 3 doesn't pass or 2 and 3 pass - it's the same thing anyway. there will be no legal marijuana in Ohio ever.

soserthc1

That's some wierd shit you guys have on the ballot ...

Sounds crazy to me , no to both would be my call

And just keep on keeping on

oldchuck

Veteran
Yes on two, no on three. Kill the monopolist scum. A state Constitution should never, ever guarantee a private monopoly.

MrBungle

you guys are jaded... no state will allow a monopoly especially with somethling like cannabis....we need to stop the prosecution of innocent stoners.... People think that once this monopoly law is in place it will be written in stone...... Well How did issue 2 pop up so fast? I have faith the people will get it right... legalize it... and tell me how this big fucking monopoly will affect me.. seriously.... legalize it and grow your own.. dont buy from the machine

America is founded on small business and equal opportunity for all.

how would people feel if this legislation was about food? mandating you to buy produce from walmart, and criminalizing farmer phil for setting up at a local farm market to sell to his friends and neighbors. Why shouldn't that farmer have a chance to market his work? He may, afterall, have the most delicious tomatoes in the state, and just want others to have the chance to indulge in the fruits of his hard labor.

look at big tobacco. adding whatever chemicals they want to the crops in order to ensure high profits. then the government steps in with the "fsc" plastic that they started adding to the paper....does anyone really think big canna companies will act differently?

....NO THANKS.....i like the "love" that farmer phil adds to his plants much better than the growth hormones and pesticides that will make big canna companies rich.

kommunist kush, anyone??

i should add that i'll grow my own anyways so it doesnt matter. i should, however, have the right to help a friend or neighbor in need and not have them forced to buy from corporate america.

artfog

no on 2 yes on 3

no on 2 yes on 3

You mention the millions to stop them in the future but where are you going to get the front money or $22 million they needed just to get on a ballot? Of the ResponsibleOhio (RO) anyway we are not sold down the road because this cartel has to open up to the public automatically in 4 years. Another the public will be allowed to vote on it….
You won’t” need millions in the future” because, as I understand, http://www.lwvohio.org/assets/attachments/file/LWVO stmt on Issue 2_final.pdf all this has to come before the public for a vote again in 4 years
Issue 2 would prohibit an initiative petition amendment to the Ohio Constitution that would give special commercial rights to a certain person or entity. It would prohibit an initiative that creates a monopoly, cartel, or oligopoly. This part is interesting in the politics I think DeWine emphasized the wording of the initiative that Responsible Ohio (RO) needed to use the words which involved the words ‘ monopoly’ and ‘cartel’ - Cartel to describe those investors.
But the Ballot Board will be required to separate the proposed initiative into two parts – 1) asking voters to override the ‘limited business interest rule’, and 2 describe the proposed new initiative – with both parts needing a majority vote for the initiative to pass.
Also something written earlier i.e.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301858
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/in...ml#post2445828

There is an effort to control this but as you know once it gets out w/ the people the story will change.
I see your point about the monopoly but we have to start. This clock has been ticking long enough & I do not have the income to debate the issue but from this poor fools perspective it is a start. I would like to be on the supply side as in “grow house” but the cost is in the 100s of thousands (These outrageous figures should be negotiable). But is supply side exclusively about “testing facility or a processing center “If so I would say the money is getting too much control as you point out a ‘monopoly’.
I think that all of the above is a start and that there will be major changes in time. I realize that it is hard to change the wording of the law but it is much harder to start when we are looking at an object of thought. With the words of law there is vantage point; one we can see a picture. The real clock will tick and after our feet are wet we have something to build on.
I do not believe that the control exerted by these few money interests will stand up to the people / proletariats, there are too many eyes or checking points and other spin offs such as black market. This is a (good) beginning since and nothing else has measured up enough to pass mustard.
Thanks or you input.
From http://www.toledocitypaper.com/Octob...ide/#Community

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Issue 2 says 2015, it only works for 2015.
You could have 3000000000000 billion ballots for 2016 and issue 2 will have no effect on them.