What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALPINE ANIMAL

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
since when did you get a pair of method 7s? lol, lookin good anyways...but explain the cross to these folks!

it wasnt an accidental pollination in terms of a hermie. it was an actual tahoe male that I selected from 8 other tahoe OG males..one that was medium stretch with strong SFV lemon smell on stem rub. I grew out the male in my test cab and was going to collect pollen from her, but i had plants flowering in the room down the hall, i tried to stuff the male into a turkey bag and pollen exploded and drifted down the hall and lightly pollinated a tray of animal cookies. this herb later ended up at a socal dispensary and the seeds were found in there by patients as well as nugs that were handed out to friends to smoke.

i was trying to save the pollen for other crosses as well, but i stuck the male in the fridge and the moisture from the plant rendered the pollen pretty much useless. i dusted forum cut and a few other clones later with it and none of the pollen took...

so NOT a hermie...REAL MALE USED, not reversed Tahoe clone. the original Animal cut is the one that was hit with a reversed fire OG. for the male, i was gifted seeds labeled "tahoe OG" from a fellow ICmag homie...grew them out and got all males, was going to kill them all but decided to keep one because he had that proper OG kush stink.

pretty cool UP found a keeper in only 3 female seeds popped so far...how many more beans you got?? i dont even have beans from this cross anymore, unless i mixed them with my animal S1s in true y4p fashion. also in regards to "flo ridah OG" its rumored its actually the Triangle OG cut just renamed....one of the friends of pieguys mentioned that when describing the Florida OG.
It's always nice to hear the real genetic backround on a strain. So let me get this straight. Alpine animal is animal cookies x tahoe(m)? And the animal cookies is gsc x fire og? Also if i'm reading correct UP popped three reg seeds and got three girls? somebody upstairs really loves you.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
i know of a few people that wentand snagged some of that seeded animal specifically for the beans. unfortunately i also believe a lot of people are just callinh what they find gsc...what i have tried from an unknown grower was very bland and mediocre, but that was only one pheno and shouldnt represent what the genetic field is capable of producing. seeded or not thay was some fire animal prop.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i found a few bland phenos as well in the s1s, almost all of them had purpling to them which i found cool though.....havent found anything with cookie smell from the animal reversed onto herself yet....the closest was the lemon haze smelling pheno, looked like forum GSC but had totally different terpene..

This sort of thing is what I wonder happened when I got my CP seeds... Maybe it's your circle who sold seeded CP to The Green Door once upon a time?

not that i know of....dont really know anyone cash cropping CP indoors right now, i keep my CP around just for outdoors nowadays.

CP bagseed is pretty common...i popped a few hemp center CP bagseeds a few years back, got some weird phenos that looked nothing like cherry pie...most were skunkish and super large yielding in nature, but bland

Heavy

I was told by a cat out in Cali that there's no such thing as the Animal cut. He didn't really explain himself, just wondering if anyone else ever heard the same?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i know those guys personally, the dude who made it is from the cookie circle, not the same dude who created GSC though....its a real cut, just not handed out to many, so alot of people who have animal cuts have something different. and alot of clubs renamed some of their weed animal since it became its own brand name... the only other possibility out there is that animal could be forum cut but just grown in a certain way that it comes out larger yielding and with a different look...but i highly doubt that. i have also seen their "fire cut" which was the one they reversed onto GSC, and it doesnt look like any fire OG ive ever seen before, looks like a OG/bubba hybrid.

Heavy

That's kinda what I was thinking actually. That what people call Animal is actually the Forum cut that finishes in an atypical fashion due to environmental influences...but like you said, it's a real cut so thanks for clearing that up. No more speculation bouncing around my brain!

i found a few bland phenos as well in the s1s, almost all of them had purpling to them which i found cool though.....havent found anything with cookie smell from the animal reversed onto herself yet....the closest was the lemon haze smelling pheno, looked like forum GSC but had totally different terpene..

not that i know of....dont really know anyone cash cropping CP indoors right now, i keep my CP around just for outdoors nowadays.

CP bagseed is pretty common...i popped a few hemp center CP bagseeds a few years back, got some weird phenos that looked nothing like cherry pie...most were skunkish and super large yielding in nature, but bland

How about a year to a year and half ago?

A

Alone

That is because you are in a 144 Square foot space using 1200 watts of light. In case you didn't pass 5th grade math....

1200/144= 8.333 watts per square foot...

one of the first things I learned about growing was the closer you can get to 50 watts per square foot, the better... I'd say you are a long ways away homie.

Actually SOUR SMOKER, a third dimension that often comes into play with gardens is cieling height. Cubic Area. Which is W x L x H.
Calculating squares and cubes is manageable for most of us who have forgotten most of what we knew about the finer points of mathmatics.
My S.O.G grow area is exactly 5'W x 12'L x 1'H = 60 cubic square feet. Im getting 20 wpsf according to watts devided by square feet. 25wpsf is average.
A 600w lamp will cover a 6' x 6' area according to a growers guide. Im only using 5' x 6' per lamp.
I would love to add my 1000w hps lamp thats just sitting in the closet, but I dont have the electric for it. That would help alot. Ide get 36.6wpsf.

Last edited:

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Anywho...back to the show...

This was the 'trunk' of the AA#1 after just 2 weeks of veg(+flower obviously)!?!

She kinda got a couple glands...

Could be past off as chunky cookies if I wanted...

These are average middles..

Many more to come so stay tuned...

Unknwn.

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Here's my first run with Alpine Animal...the cold temps brought out some nice shades of red.

US-SnowboardingTeam-Mascot-Animal01-NEW.jpg