What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ohio is gonna be the SHIT next year when medical is passed...

D.D.

So... I will say it over here just as i have said it elsewhere.
Why did my fellow toking-voters let me down???

If you had 73% of the voters in favor, then how many didn't vote?

Sounds like 27% opposed the measure, and i'll bet ya every single one of those voters voted.
So over 2/3ds of the registered voters in favor of the measure didn't vote in favor of the measure.

I bet you had large turnouts, and people either just didn't vote on the measure, or voted against it.
Here i am getting too old and feeble to climb mountains and wade swamps carrying large loads upon my already aching back, and now I won't be able to find a care provider within 100 miles of here during my old age.

Maybe i can sneak outside the nursing home and grow a little in the cracks of the parking lot... you know... that old part of the lot that hasnt been resurfaced in years and has weeds growing up all over... maybe i can sneak out long enough to drop some beans over there.

The old folks home is going to suck without weed.

So... I will say it over here just as i have said it elsewhere.
Why did my fellow toking-voters let me down???

If you had 73% of the voters in favor, then how many didn't vote?

Sounds like 27% opposed the measure, and i'll bet ya every single one of those voters voted.
So over 2/3ds of the registered voters in favor of the measure didn't vote in favor of the measure.

I bet you had large turnouts, and people either just didn't vote on the measure, or voted against it.
Here i am getting too old and feeble to climb mountains and wade swamps carrying large loads upon my already aching back, and now I won't be able to find a care provider within 100 miles of here during my old age.

Maybe i can sneak outside the nursing home and grow a little in the cracks of the parking lot... you know... that old part of the lot that hasnt been resurfaced in years and has weeds growing up all over... maybe i can sneak out long enough to drop some beans over there.

The old folks home is going to suck without weed.

http://www.change.org/petitions/tel...gs-for-hb-214-the-ohio-medical-compassion-act

The Ohio Medical Compassion Act would amend state law so that physician supervised patients with a debilitating medical condition, such as multiple sclerosis or fibromyalgia, could possess and grow marijuana for medicinal purposes. Similar bills have been introduced in the last three General Assemblies, and each bill has expired in committee without receiving A SINGLE HEARING. This, despite the fact that a recent University of Cincinnati Institute for Policy Research poll showed that 73% of Ohioans support such a measure. Medical marijuana is an issue that is important to Ohioans and we simply want our elected officials to reflect that reality by scheduling hearings for House Bill 214.

Laughing Jim

Medical MJ in Ohio

Medical MJ in Ohio

Medical Marijuana in Ohio is gonna be a VERY hard sell. Columbus, Yellow Springs, and Athens are liberal and very amenable to the idea, but the Southern part of this state, being in the Bible belt, is rabidly anti-pot. Having moved here from Michigan, I'd dearly love to see real progress on this issue, and I will join the fight...but I'm afraid it's gonna be tough.

OhighO

True Ohio will never be the shit.... Shit, yes but not "the shit" .....

IME cannabis is DEEPLY imbedded in the southern Ohio culture and even non smokers support medical use. I think the group running the campaign last year were a bunch of fucks.. I tried to volunteering do some other things for the cause. The only response I got after 3 calls was an address to send donations to.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I only went to Ohio once, for a New Year's party. Bought a huge sack of serious fire at very, very low prices compared to what we were getting/paying in Chicago. Mind effectively blown.

Frogmann

Ohio River Valley has historic outdoor cultivation, just generally on the south side of the river.

Love this though .. so true:
340x_screen_shot_2010-09-29_at_5.03.03_pm_medium.jpg

cannasaur

Meigs Gold supposedly came from an ohio wild growing plant off the side of the road. Had a couple buddies that got their hands on some cuttings and that was the story I got.

meadowman

most if not all recent states that went medical, do not allow home cultivation. hmmmm, wonder where this is going.... doesn't take a rocket scientist.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it gets passed there should be some cool "CAMPUS PD" episodes.
I can see a frat house full of kids signing a noise violation ticket with a bong in the other hand.lol

WeedReefer

Does anyone know if the Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment is in the signature gathering stage, and if it is where to sign? I've read several articles talking about needing 385,000 signatures but I have not seen where I could go to sign the damn thing...