What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG and Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Bourne

Hi Guys,

I wanted to touch on this issue briefly, after having a good chat with OP and getting his input on this issue.

We do not have an official ICMAG Facebook page, we never have and never will.

There are ICMAG Facebook fan pages out there, but they are unofficial, and certainly NOT sanctioned by us.

Anyone who joins these pages, does so at their own risk, ICMAG officially does not condone anything related to Facebook or any other page that purports to be an official ICMAG Facebook page.

We do have a Seedboutique twitter page, but it is only for posting tweets about Seedboutique promo's. Furthermore, the nature of the way twitter connects people is different from Facebook. Twitter is basically the same as posting a thread publicly that anyone who subscribes to that thread can read. That is very much different from the connectivity of Facebook and Facebook's privacy policies.

On a personal note, I don't have Facebook, and won't ever get one again.

- John

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea i dropped facebook once every nephew, niece, cousin started adding me, and some of them as young as 7! then you have uncles and aunts adding me come on man, this shit got lame quick

freeganja

Bush Doctor
Veteran
I agree. I have a FB page, but only for family to get in touch with me. I spend most of my online time here. Its much better!

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO
no grower should have a FB account.

i never have, i never will.
FB takes the anonymity out of the net.

stay ghost growers of the world!

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i would leave this site if we got alot of face book douches.. this is my face book... i commend at not having one

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
What's facebook ? ;)

been there twice ...but think its one rave party & use of time
can live without .

(Though do have some good friends pages on the site )

* if i want sensational news & to know whats up with prince Harry or Charlie Sheen
always go to the UK Mail , lol, they got it all ...actually this is pretty relevant :

"Cost of living in the U.S. hits record highs not seen since financial crisis "
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cord-high-according-Consumer-Price-Index.html

Last edited:

hippydan

I use Facebook. No I do not update my "status" every 15 minutes like most people. I use it to talk to relatives and friends I may otherwise lose contact with. I also understand and agree with ICMAG's decision not to have one. But the blind hate on Facebook is kind of unnecessary, in the end like everything else, it's up to you to be responsible. I keep mine as impersonal as possible, as my friends already know who and what I am.

tr1ck_

I use Facebook. No I do not update my "status" every 15 minutes like most people. I use it to talk to relatives and friends I may otherwise lose contact with. I also understand and agree with ICMAG's decision not to have one. But the blind hate on Facebook is kind of unnecessary, in the end like everything else, it's up to you to be responsible. I keep mine as impersonal as possible, as my friends already know who and what I am.

I totally agree, while for the most part I dislike facebook, it definitely has its place. It is just up to the user to be smart with it.

Kirsten

Facebook in insidious.

Every page now has Facebook clicky-click links that if you are foolish to click will just add and add and add info about you, your habits and places you visit.

People do not get it at all.

We will all see very soon when a law enforcement branch forgoes getting a search warrant for someones private property and instead has a judge subpoena their Gmail, Windows Live, FaceBook, Blog, Cloud File Storage, and it gets delivered on a DVD for the District Attorney to examine without you even knowing.

Screw that.

The F in Facebook is for "Foolishness".

If there are going to be cyber-terrorist, why can't they do us a favor and bomb "MyFaceSpaceTwitterBook" and save us all.

Kirsten

That's very dodgy. Couldn't ICM get it pulled?

It is a wild net frontier still.

ICMag has no ownership over the acronym "ICMag" as denoted by the lack of a Copyright, or Trademark symbol beside the "ICMag" at the bottom of the page or any other official postings/notices on the site that i have seen. (If i am wrong i do apologize but I see no copyright markings anywhere on this place so far).

Anyone can form a FaceBook for anything, any organization. It is rather dodgey actually that someone in the Real World can make an organization that becomes popular and then someone totally unrelated to the organization except for being a customer or fan, can then go setup a MySpaceFaceTwitterBook under that organizations name and call it a FAN CLUB - nothing you can do it about except what the first post does - disassociate from it, and warn others.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kids are attracted to these types of places. I have talked to my kid and he knows what they do. He does still go there and talk to his fiends from schoo.

JAY LENWEED

Facebook is ok for sharing photos and dropping people messages that you dont want to lose half a day talking to,but IC f-----g Rocks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.