What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats up with this plant?

dubmantx

Hey Whats up people. Well this isnt a sick plant but I figured I might get more replys than in my grow thread. This is a Hollands Hope seedling from Dutch Passion. Its messed up. I dont think its a trifoliate because the first set of true leafs was a pair but the second set appear to have a set of 3. So what do yall think is it a trifoliate or just a mutant freak? It gets to live either way I Just though it was interesting.

G

I haven't ever encountered a trifoil so I don't know. Where's Growdoc and xxBlueVelvetxx when ya need 'em? LOL It certainly does look healthy enuff tho.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
This 1 of 2 possible things...

1: your soil is to acidic and mutateing the growth.

2: its a tri headed and will come around.

Growdoc

dubmantx

Hmm well I dont think my soil is too acidic but i only have a pH test kit for liquids not for soil acidity. I might have to go brush off my soil science book from a few years back... That class sucked ass! But its in new soil so I dont think it would be acidity. There are a couple other freak plants too though but most of em look normal and full.

Well whatever 3 mutants out of 21 plants... no worries here. Ill just keep my eye on em and let them run their course. And Ill hope that one ends up being a crazy bud monster :joint:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
it happens dub...most of the time they will work their deformities out in the first couple of weeks...and turn out to be nice normal healthy plants!!

dubmantx

Cool It might just be missing the middle part of the leaf... Ill just keep my eye on it. Thanks for the reply's guys!