What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowering in early June??????

G

Hello all!
This is my first post here.
I have a question about a personal strain of mine.
I crossed BubbleGum and BC Kush and then starting back crossing.
I am in my third back-cross.
The original mum was 24/7 for a year. I cloned her to death, but she is still a 5 foot bush! :woohoo:
I did alot more reading and decided to stop and go after some other genetics that REALLY help my medical condition.
I stuck the mum outside and she Immediatly went into flower.
The flower's are starting to swell and there is no indication she will go back into Veg.
In my area (west coast, USA) I usually finish mid-Sept. early Nov.
The only thing that has me thinking she will come back out of flowering is when this damn June gloom goes away. It is overcast untill 4 pm.
She looks 3 weeks pregnant.
Should I wait it out or bring her in and finish her right?
I really wanted some outdoor organic (as close to nature bud as possible) but I don't want a sick or confused plant.
Thanks for your time.

G

You put her out to early the days dont start getting shorter until after late June.

treat her with care and she should be ok

G

But why would she go to flower when we have 16+ hours of light.
Is this going to be a characteristic? (sp?)
Anything less than 24 hours of light and she will start flowering???

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
That kind of happened to me when I started them out at 24/0 then changed to 18/6. All of them began to preflower sooner than expected. You just shortened the photoperiod from 24/0 to 16/8. They don't know what part of the world they are in, just that they have 8 hrs less light now, so it must be time to flower. That's my :2cents:

G

^^^ I think that's exactly right ^^^

I know growers who flower outdoors in Florida all year round, even in 16 - 18 hours of light a day in high summer. They have always assumed the 24/0 veg schedule used indoors is responsible

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
what strain are you growing out? is it mostly sativish?
looks like its got more sativa thank indica.. even with its size
almost pure sativas can flower under 14 hours of light....... but i wouldnt advise doing this with a high mixture of indica sativa

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Legit I have a haze plant that is doing exactly the same thing ... my hunch is that they will return to veg until normally flowering time ... they just need to figure things out. The tw and sour that im growing are very sativa but have stayed in veg mode...My haze I believe is pure and is prolly freaking out because of my ignorance..... I still believe she will return to veg mode until more normal flowering times and then mature by mid november or so. I fully expect to spend my winter days smoking haze so this has to be the case :) Most of my plants ive been able to move outside by the first of june and not have a problem with ...haze seems to present special circumstances that are more then worth the problems in the end :)

G

same thing

same thing

Same thing just happened to me. I had to move my mom outside for a week.
It was under 24/7 and it started to flower after one week outside. Not assevere as yours but same thing occured.

G

MynameStitch said:
what strain are you growing out?

Bubblegum mother polinated by a BC Kush daddy.
This plant, like a few other strains I have grown, started out with really fat Indica type leaves, then the leaves start thinning out toward the top like a Sativa.

My main concern is the nutes.
If this thing is going to continue to flower I want to hit it with my Bloom formula.
This paticular strain LOVES the P. and does not do well without high doses.
Given the right nutes. I have pulled 2oz buds off this strain.
And the nodes............The nodes are 1/2" of each other all the way up on alot of the tops ( It has 8 main tops-cola)

I will get some better pics.
Those make it look a little under fed.
Thankyou all for your words of advice.
I finally found a Forum that is not like "romper room".

:dueling:

G

Caprichoso said:
^^^ I think that's exactly right ^^^

I know growers who flower outdoors in Florida all year round, even in 16 - 18 hours of light a day in high summer. They have always assumed the 24/0 veg schedule used indoors is responsible

That would actually be pretty nice.
I LOVE the outdoor grown, but like many, only had one shot at it a year and I couldn't grow more then a couple at a time in my yard.
I am going to get a greenhouse going, assuming everything stays tame out here in regards to medical MJ and the Feds.

Thanks again!
:smile: