What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do I need Mg??

wikidcalibudgrl

Hmmm,, here's a pic taken tw nights ago,, do i need Mg.? i have epsom salt if so... i just did a rez change too, 30gl rez~ 240mlMicro , 450mlBloom, 2 tbls moab, 60mls SM-90,,,,
but this has been buggin me since last change, din't really get worse or better after last change,using same mix. :chin: i'm womderin' whether or not it was needing more Mg cause some of the leaves are "taco'd" and on one cola the new leaf at the top are kinda twistin funny... here's a pic,, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated:wink: :smile:

or tell me i'm just paranoid, and they're doin fine :joint: :confused: :joint:

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
It looks like they could be praying for Mg. My theory on Mg is you can hit the plants with it at any time without problems. 1/4 tsp /Gallon isnt enough to harm them(never has for me at least), but it can certainly help them. I'll follow up with another 1/4 tsp if needed.

Good Luck
MS

wikidcalibudgrl

thanks for the input m.steelers! i have until tomarrow at lights on to decide to dose them up or not,, from what you say, it can't hurt so i might just do it. now, if i do, should i just take a small amout of water out of the rez, mix in the epsom salt until disolved ( or will it disolve?) then pour it in and mix?

I agree with m.steelers, I put 1/4 teaspoon of epsom whenever I suspect a deficiency and my PPMs aren't high and my PH is stable...It won't hurt a thing.

I would just add a 1/4 teaspoon to some phed water...a gallon or so and drop it in the rez.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
There are no signs of MG def...

You are just pushing them really hard on nutes, if you go harder you will have lock out...

Try some root stimulator in your res(if chemical rot stim)...it will helps the plants handel the nutes better...

GrowDoc

Last edited:
G

I agree with growdoc. I push mine pretty hard on nutes and have seen that before, a good flush wouldn't hurt them a bit.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Growdoc - from the research I have done in the past, leaves cupping up and praying could be a sign of Mg deficiency. Have you not seen this before? My Mg deficiencies usually show interveinal chrlorosis on the lower sets, but I have read about it also showing by leaves cupping up and "praying" Can you comment on that?

Wikid - if it does turn out to be Mg related, yes, figure out the size of the entire rez, then add 1/4 tsp / gallon. Mixing it up in another container would be best so that it will disolve. Shaking and mixing it well will liquify it :wave:

MS

wikidcalibudgrl

Wow,, thanks for all the reponces guys!
hmmm,, conflicting info here tho :confused: what to do.. what to do,,, ok,,
M.steelers i have read the same,, an have had the earlier mentioned symtoms just b4 flower,,, and also read about the cupping and twisting too it's in MyNameStiches guide as well... And my concern started b4 last rez change using the same ratio's, and it didn't get better, or worse per-say after the change,or this one,,, that's why i was thinkin of addin a little more to the mix,,,,
GrowDoc, you say there isn't any need for any epsom then? Maybe back down the nutes some?
,,,but if i did do a light dose just to see the results... say,, 1/8tsp /gl ,,, do you think it'd burn, or stunt them? the ones showing these signs are nearly done( the Nebulas) and they'll be flushing in the next 10-14days or so for a good 10-14 days:biglaugh:,,,, or until they say they're done :biglaugh:

an i guess i didn't say this but i'm using Cutting Edge Solution Bloom, and GH Micro, the moab is by Mad Farmer

Again tyty for the rplies, and any futher help :help: you can provide :wink:

~Wikid

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
This is for sure not a nute def...you are pushing to much P-K into your girls, thats what makes the leafs perform in this manner, curling up-ward... its the comibnation of the 2 at high rates...I wouldnt give them any MG just lower PPM/EC and they will pull through...

"from the research I have done in the past, leaves cupping up and praying could be a sign of Mg deficiency."
m. steelers, leafs that curl up mean there is to much of something, i have seen one plant that had an overload of MG and its leafs curled up, then it died...

But i can always be wrong...

GrowDoc

Last edited:

wikidcalibudgrl

hmmm,,, ty very much GD!Will replace about 5 gl( + or - ) of rez water with = fresh pH'd,, see how they do :wink: much appreciated!

G

I would just flush with PH'd Water.. How can that hurt anything..?
remember always double your pot size if you have 5 gal pots flush with 10 gal of water.. I also agree that your pushing the nutes kinda hard and lots of them. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
updated 1 flowering plant LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

EcoNepenthe

great ? Nice responses. GD sounds the plausable. I'm accustom to seeing the deficiencies on the leafs surf. I've xperienced similiar leaf behavior in flowering w/no adverse results nor intervention on my behalf. But, now, next time it occurs I'll get a pic for ya and its future progress.
Again, great question.
Let us know how it grows out.

Success ya w/grows.
Stay safe

Eco

Watch em grow!!! :canabis:

wikidcalibudgrl

thanks Sack: I'm in a 4x4 E&F table,,, when they get yanked outa there for there flush cycle, I'll get a couple pix to see if theres any difference aftergetting plain water :wink:
Eco: Thanks for stoppin in! Yeah,, i'm thinkin' it aint really "Hurtin" them,, as the Nebula that is showing the most symtoms is the Fattest of the lot:biglaugh: and Hard as a rock too! i'll just let um be till their flush in about 10 days or so~Heres another pic of it too

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
I've been doing alot of nute experiments. I need to gather more data but I am finding that the overabundance of one thing can lockout another. Especially where pH is concerned, like at pH 2.0-5.7 Mg can be locked out...it's knocking at the door of the roots but can't get in. pH 5.8-9.0 Mg is easily aborbed. So hydro set-ups can have a problem with Mg uptake at 5.5pH. Ohers here may be better at this, but I am becoming the king of overfert and how to fix it. Flushing seems to fix-um up every time for me. Just my :2cents: . Growdoc had me mix up a diluted Mg folier spray when I had a problem, turned um right around quick.

wikidcalibudgrl

Hey Sack,, Yup, not long now, :chin: , maybe 15 days or less.. we're at 49 days today,, i might update the thread tonight or tomarrow,,, here a link.. My First Hydro

Packn2puff:Highya! I start my rez off at 5.5 - 5.6 and let it drift up to 5.9 b4 lowering again,, maybe i'll start lettin sit at 5.8-5.9 a feeding or two b4 lowering it from now on :chin: something to think about.... Ty much:wink: p.s. definately can't use foliar spray on my buds:biglaugh: :yoinks:

I've lowered the ppm to 1230,,, might go down a bit more today,,,to 1150 we'll see how they look through out today.