What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bugs go pee-pee on leaves

GORT

I have a small flying nat situation but pretty much kept in check. I just noticed these wet looking spots on them on just on a few leaves today and I don't know if it's, from them or ?

Attachments

• DSCN0213.jpg
    DSCN0213.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0214.jpg
    DSCN0214.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0215.jpg
    DSCN0215.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
looks like snail/slug to me and its slimy trail.
watch out for small 1/2inch snails slugs, i found really small shits this year!

Mrfriskles

Looks more like overspray than anything. A slime trail would be an actual trail, from one place to another, these are simply dots. If you got a picture of it among the rest of the leaves it would be easier to get some context but I highly doubt its snails/slugs.

How have you been dealing with the gnats?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
check the middle pic, there is some white looking worm things. pic isnt great but it looks like a live worm/slug :D :bongsmi:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Looks like thrip damage. Spinosad controls them. Put up some yellow or blue sticky traps to confirm.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the damage does look thripy, but those worms seem a bit big to be thrip larva, but who knows, its not a great pic, either way spinosad will help.

Betterhaff

Veteran
It almost looks like honey dew from scale or mealy bugs. Check the stems, petioles, and undersides of leaves above where you found the leaves with spots. Aphids also produce honey dew but those would be more noticeable.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like house fly shit to me.

That shit COULD cause mold/mildew issues.
You may consider washing it off.
If you have thrip damage it won't go away until the affected leaf does.

GORT

Looks more like overspray than anything. A slime trail would be an actual trail, from one place to another, these are simply dots. If you got a picture of it among the rest of the leaves it would be easier to get some context but I highly doubt its snails/slugs.

How have you been dealing with the gnats?

Yes I have a small gnat problem.

GORT

the damage does look thripy, but those worms seem a bit big to be thrip larva, but who knows, its not a great pic, either way spinosad will help.

I have used Spinosad a few weeks ago so that might be it, yet it's only on a few leaves like the ones in the pic. Otherwise they're fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts