What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I run an effective scrog using an ebb & grow system w/2 gallon site?

_TreyAnastasio

Subject says it all. This is my first time posting here & 1st time running a scrog. I've ran this ebb & grow system a bunch of times but never tried to utilize a scrog approach.

Due to plant limits I'm trying to maximize my yield (obviously) but I'm concerned whether the 2 gallon sites would be sufficient.

Traditionally I would let these veg until about 18" then flip. I usually run Chem Dawg & Mass Super Skunk. This method would yield roughly 3+ Oz per site.

From what I've seen & read I may be able to perhaps double our yield. I use gh flora-micro-bloom & supplement with gh Kool bloom & botanicare liquid karma.

Any & all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance & for taking the time to read & help. Thanks!

Trey :dance013:

DunHav`nFun

I`ll help out bro , but knowing your strain and where it/they end up after stretch is done will be key to light penetration with all but no larfy shit popcorn underneath by end of cycle.....that said......

I ran clone only Chem D for almost a decade with GH 3 part and the only additives were Silicablast , Cal/Mag Plus , and SM-90.....but....

It was Coco DTW....now....first off....I ran 5 gal DIY ebb and flow buckets for a decade before the coco setups , so I can say I never scrogged with nets , but rather trimmed , pruned , and shaped my plants during pre veg with all the sucker branches and innards away from the mainstem before pulling the trigger......and.....

I knew exactly how much the plants would stretch , and that let me know how long to keep em under the T-5`s till goin in the flip rooms 12/12.....now...

I can say from many yrs of doing so before going coco , that I had 36-5 gal buckets in 6 x 6 rooms w/3-600 vertical bare bulbs hanging with angled ceilings , and pulled 5 lbs consistently EVERY run perpetually because I knew my strains...and lastly.....

If you get close to 50 watts per sq ft and control environment , you will yield accordingly once strains are dialed where they don`t grow taller than the lights can penetrate to prevent larfy bullshit underneath....anyways....

Good luck and yeah we need to know how many plants you wanna run to determine how you might create a better canopy with nets , so more info please.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Due to plant limits I'm trying to maximize my yield (obviously) but I'm concerned whether the 2 gallon sites would be sufficient.
Yes, your current E&F system will handle the plants for the scrog. :tiphat:

You're going to find nearly the same or less nute/water usage than your normal flowering runs. The amount of canopy isn't really changing, it's the shape of it and how much flower grows from each bud site.

You're going to love it. :D

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude you private messaged me, but i cannot reply cus i dont have 50 posts. And it will take forever for me to get there. So maybe u can mail me instead or pm me your email or something.

Go hit up the smokers lounge & make a few posts about whatever you like.

Farm Hero

I agree, 2 gallon pots in ebb and flow is just fine for your scrog.

The plants should grow so fast in 2 gallon ebb and flow pots that weaving the screen will keep you busy. Best of luck.