What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perfect method for people who vape

THC123

Veteran
Hi guys,

I have been experimenting a lot the last 10 years with different methods.

One problem I often have is that I vape, and most curing methods are great for producing great smoke. But that same weed won't be so good in the vape. On the other hand, cannabis processed with this method will not be good to smoke but great in the vape(unless drying conditions are perfect).

I also switched to vaping instead of smoking and I have found that curing cannabis often leads to an inferior product for vaping, even though it can smell great and smoke perfect.

So for vaping, I use another method. This method is not optimal if you smoke your cannabis pure, but friends who smoke with Tobacco also like this method a lot.

So basically I just dry them untill the stem barely snaps but still makes a clear snapping sound.

I dry them with the leaves on. Sometimes at this point the cannabis is ready, sometimes a few branches still bend while others snap. In this case I just put them in a jar 12 hours and afterwards I leave the jar half open untill all stems snap. This way the product stays sticky.

So this is very important for this method, the cannabis must remain sticky and smelly and the stems must snap( but not bone dry or like well cured cannabis).

And then, once I did a vape test, I manicure the cannabis and put it in mylar food bags and seal them and put them in the freezer.

Sometimes, when I am afraid the cannabis might get too dry during manicuring, I just freeze them unmanicured and I remove the leaves prior to consumption. I actually like the quality even better this way.

And then the cannabis just stays in the freezer for years. The cannabis never dries out or loses smell. Prior to consumption I take a mylar bag out of the freezer and let it get to room temp for a few hours.

I then open the bag with scissors and put the whole bag inside a jar because the mylar ziplock bags aren't really airtight. ANd when I need to vape I just open the jar and take some out. After being frozen and being in the jars , it gets even better after some time.

This way the smells stay fresh, like the cannabis smelled when it was on the plant. WHen vaping this kind of weed I get a much smoother vape and much much tastier. Also the effects seem stronger vs cured weed (for vaping only).

Also some strains don't react well to curing. Lots of sweet strains, for example sweet pink grapefruit, lose their special deep smell during a glass jar cure, it stays sweet but it becomes boring and generic.

THC123

Veteran
Bump for the people who were wondering about the freezer method. SO this is not freeze drying through sublimation. Rather this is storing cannabis in mylar bags in the freezer once it has reached a perfect point during simple hang drying or curing or sweating. This can happen at any moment. When freezing hang dried cannabis directly without curing, take into account that it will sweat a bit in the mylar bag once out of the freezer. This method (freezing) can be combined with any curing method and at any point during the process, as long as the stems mostly snap and the weed tasted good with a strong effect. You will thank me 1 year later (if you have a lot of weed to store;) )

kersey

And then, once I did a vape test, I manicure the cannabis and put it in mylar food bags and seal them and put them in the freezer.

Sometimes, when I am afraid the cannabis might get too dry during manicuring, I just freeze them unmanicured and I remove the leaves prior to consumption. I actually like the quality even better this way.

And then the cannabis just stays in the freezer for years. The cannabis never dries out or loses smell. Prior to consumption I take a mylar bag out of the freezer and let it get to room temp for a few hours.

I then open the bag with scissors and put the whole bag inside a jar because the mylar ziplock bags aren't really airtight. ANd when I need to vape I just open the jar and take some out. After being frozen and being in the jars , it gets even better after some time.

Do you vacuum the mylar bags or just seal them with air left inside?

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
interesting method, i will try it next time for half of harvested herbs. i found that vaping too dry material makes me cough, hope this method is easier for my lungs.