What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spraying neem for mites during flowering?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Well looks like i might have some spider mite shit going on. Im not sure what kind it is. We are probably a good 4 weeks into flower already and its starting to stack. Should i avoid spraying neem? i will be using a atomizer/fogger. in recent years we have had a bad bud worm problems. We had a butterfly bush in the yard in previous years. But i cut it down this year. i have been spraying spinosad on quarter moons and bt on full moons, for the cats. I was wondering if spinosad or Bt will have any affect on spider mites? I missed the last quarter moon spray of spinosad cause i found a praying mantis in the garden and didn't want to suffocate the thing with spray. I have SM-90 also, is that bad to spray when plants are starting to stack? and will it actually do anything to the spider mites? Thanks

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
1 ounce 70% or greater isopropyl alcohol to one gallon of water. Protect the soil from drips, this stuff destroys roots.

Spray down plants every 2-3 days for 18 days. You're outdoor, the iso will have plenty of ventilation during evaporation. Keep lung exposure to a minimum. You'll be wiping out live mites, webs and possibly eggs. Treat any infestations around the grow as well, mites don't just love cannabis. ;)

Once the breeding cycle is broken, mites are gone. It would take a re-infestation to get things going again.

JOJO420

Veteran
Amazing Dr Zymes eliminator. It's like nuke em but better..
I use it
No I am not in no way associated in any way to da company.
It works plain n simple that is why I am posting this :)

Coughie

Bugs for bugs, I agree.

Predatory mites!
Slow release sachets + quick release shakers
= success

OCdirty

I've got mites showing up in a plant 2 weeks from harvest. Plan is to use green cleaner for the first time.

My praying mantis have finally all gone away along with my lady bugs.

Did catch this guy grabbing a few yesterday though.

Attachments

• IMG_9055.jpg
    IMG_9055.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 23
Had a large infestation of mites outdoors. A closer look revealed a big momma spider and her 1,000 hatchlings. Anything edible that landed on that plant was fucked. After her brood left. She stayed till fall under her leaf.

JOJO420

Veteran
I've got mites showing up in a plant 2 weeks from harvest. Plan is to use green cleaner for the first time.

My praying mantis have finally all gone away along with my lady bugs.

Did catch this guy grabbing a few yesterday though.

Green cleaner gave me phytotoxic results. Burned leaves and fried pistils.
I now use Amazing Dr Zymes.
Can spray buds up to day of harvest with no real negative results.
In fact I am spraying this evening and I am two weeks from harvest.
Good luck with the mites :)

OCdirty

Interesting. Haven’t experienced that yet.

My kids are great at finding spiders in the house and not killing them. They all get released on the plants

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I did go off and get some green cleaner, gave them a good spray. I did notice some trichs amber quite a bit. Not sure if they got burnt by the application or? Im not gonna bother with anymore sprays. Im about 2 weeks out for most plants. Some have a week. Weather is supposed to get back up to the mid-high 80's Ill probably be chopping after that warm weather. Some will ride it out maybe till the harvest moon on the 5th

PDX Dopesmoker

Last year I got rid of an attack by spider mites during flower by spraying diluted cannabis tincture. Not sure if was the alcohol or the weed that got them, but they were gone and the only residue left on my plants was hash oil.

JOJO420

Veteran
Ok so I just hosed down a GG4 and a True Blue clone with Dr Zymes tonight.
These plants are 2 pound + plants in late flower that have visible spider mite and thrip damage.
I used a whole 3 gallon solo backpack sprayers worth of Dr Zymes on those plants and I am gonna harvest on Oct full moon.
I waited until the sun is no longer on my plants, then sprayed.
Used 1 cup 3/4 per 3 gallon water ratio
No visible toxicity or adverse affect while spraying, none after 3 hours either.
in fact I'm gonna spray the whole damn garden tom and next day cause these bugs sux!

And just so you all understand I have been using this product for s couple three or four gardens in a row now. I found it cheaper and better than Nuke em..
plus Nuke em has Spinosad supposedly? So I heard?

PDX Dopesmoker

^ next level :)

I subsequently found out that insects don't have endocannabinoid systems so it was likely just that alcohol that got them. Or maybe I smoked a bunch of spider mites without realizing it. If so they were good, that spider mite plant was tasty asf.

spazspaz

Amazing Dr Zymes eliminator. It's like nuke em but better..
I use it
No I am not in no way associated in any way to da company.
It works plain n simple that is why I am posting this :)

Yes. Miracle. Less expensive than the other leading brand. Can hose down at harvest, too--for PM. Just know what you're putting on your stuff: It's all OMRI cool, but it's citric acid and yeast. I've heard the yeast will test for fungus. I guess bread will, too.