What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you be interested in an auto that finishes in 45 days but yields 20 grams?

budchopper

timewarp is good enough for me i see there now is timewarp x diesel has any 1 here grown that and what`s your opinion of it?

Misterreggae

i would be interested in a quick auto and of course we can finish a ruderalis hybrid at day 45...

i've a west coast og pheno and it's ready to harvest since day 43...now the og is at day 50 and i cut it in 3 days i think, i will try to load up a pic...

i think it will be lower yield for sure but high quality medicine like the last time, as i harvest the og's around day 78....

angelgoob

someone said I was obsessed with fast plants, but they missed something.

I want to create big seeds for big seedlings. That is all. Then it takes energy and creates the first true leaves quickly. I want the big seed to account for atleast 5 to 10 days growth.

I know this because in the past Bogglegum seedlings were huge from huge seeds. LOL They leaved out quicker. Maybe had like 4 days to 7 days on the other plants. Also if you think corn kernels used to be small. Now they're big. Look at a corn seedling once, there's a lot of energy in that seed. Not only that, but I've grown two different pumpkins. The big seed pumpkin filled out a 6 inch pot with it's leaves in a couple days. The small seeds of course produced smaller seedlings. The first leaves came out quick and bigger on the big seeds.

I have 7 different ways to breed these or manipulation techniques. I have released what some of the techniques are, but only just talking to people.

I want the size to be comparable with a dime.

Ok, I will give you a hint on one of the techniques. Why does a coconut seed have to be so big? Answer below

Because it has to get through all that sand! By breeding my stuff in sand and giving it little nutrients, the ones that survive will pass the trait on!

Now you might say this doesn't work for cannabis. But a certain breeder uses only organic soil no nutes and explicitly says they are bigger seeds. That might have taught the seeds to bring about a bigger root.

I also noticed on my faster plant the cotyledons were twice as big as others.

And the bigger seeds will be weighed and measured and kept for further breeding.

S

sourpuss

seed size has nothing to do with vigour. sativa seeds tend to be smaller indica bigger.

if i were you id pop as many autos as possible and select the best females and males. if your going for speeed then the best would be the quickest plants in the group. as everyone here is advising dont go for speed. go for quality. no one wants bush weed that finishes in 45 days. 70 day 20 percent thc and swollen calyxs beats 25 day bush weed 4 percent thc anyday. in todays market thats a waste of time.

selection might get you some where...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
If you are looking for fast plants breed for hybrid vigor.

Seed size will not affect the final outcome.

Like said above, if the final product sucks, no one will care what size the seeds are.

Good luck with whatever you are doing though.

angelgoob

I'll be smoke testing it and breeding it to that too. Only the best. I'll start with green crack auto or sour 60. whichever is easier to get.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seed size will not affect the final outcome.

Like said above, if the final product sucks, no one will care what size the seeds are.

Best learn genetics. Seed size doesn't have much to do with end product as numerous have stated. Knowing genetic profiles will be an asset.

BOG uses 70% his own BOGBubble. And his seeds at times, harder to crack or need sand paper to assist.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mustard seeds are extremely small, yet extremely vigorous.

Castor beans are fairly large, slightly smaller than a dime to slightly larger. They don't grow any faster than the mustard but they do grow much larger due to their genetic potential in my climate.

As a comparison to the above...
Tropical NLD/NLH cannabis plants are derived from relatively small black seeds that have the potential for churning out 20ft tall giants within a single season.
The same cannot be said about the BLD/BLH varieties.

Gry

Sounds like a jack and the bean stock kind of thing.
Strong cannabis grown quickly sounded like a dream 40 years ago.

seed size has nothing to do with vigour. sativa seeds tend to be smaller indica bigger.

if i were you id pop as many autos as possible and select the best females and males. if your going for speeed then the best would be the quickest plants in the group. as everyone here is advising dont go for speed. go for quality. no one wants bush weed that finishes in 45 days. 70 day 20 percent thc and swollen calyxs beats 25 day bush weed 4 percent thc anyday. in todays market thats a waste of time.

selection might get you some where...

This whole post is great. Yes the seed size is typically true tthough there are the odd sativa with large seeds, same is true the odd indica with tiny seeds.

As far as the selection goes yeah these days you are right most of us dont care about fast heavy plants we want the best quality even if the yield is terrible.

BOG uses 70% his own BOGBubble. And his seeds at times, harder to crack or need sand paper to assist.

I have found soaking the seeds in a cup of water even for 3 hours is a way around needing to scuff hard to crack beans. Even seeds grown under the sun (which have massive thicker shells) will crack quite fast. Ive seen outdoor produced seeds take up to 2 weeks to crack in soil, but then have a tail in 1 day in a glass of water.

Cannas rhizotonic is pretty awesome too for helping uncooperative seeds to start. You can use that in the soak water and it really softens them up. Its pricey and can be hard to come by in some areas (someplaces not even in the stores) but if its around you can get a bottle thats 1/4 quart which runs 20 to 25 bucks in my shop.

I used to have a hard time with certain things especially cookie crosses until i started dunking them

angelgoob

i will be breeding by taste, high, and oil yield and frostiness.

that rhizo, does it have myco?

I do a bubbling soak 20 hours. The water reaches the inner part of the seed faster.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have found soaking the seeds in a cup of water even for 3 hours is a way around needing to scuff hard to crack beans. Even seeds grown under the sun (which have massive thicker shells) will crack quite fast. Ive seen outdoor produced seeds take up to 2 weeks to crack in soil, but then have a tail in 1 day in a glass of water.

Cannas rhizotonic is pretty awesome too for helping uncooperative seeds to start. You can use that in the soak water and it really softens them up. Its pricey and can be hard to come by in some areas (someplaces not even in the stores) but if its around you can get a bottle thats 1/4 quart which runs 20 to 25 bucks in my shop.

I used to have a hard time with certain things especially cookie crosses until i started dunking them

We generally soak in food grade HO2O for those, using sandpaper scuffing for BOG;'s seeds, notorious for harder shells.

Good luck, anglegoob.

i will be breeding by taste, high, and oil yield and frostiness.

that rhizo, does it have myco?

I do a bubbling soak 20 hours. The water reaches the inner part of the seed faster.

I wouldnt bubble them there are seeds that can pop very fast in water sometimes will have a 1/4 root by 20 hours... could knock it clean off

I maybe should knock that down to 16 hours.

Or maybe prebubbling the water. When i fell my cups with water i turm tge sink to spray. When the cups are filled theres hundreds of tiny bubbles on the inside of the cup ive observed seeds popping faster when i do this so it makes sense to try to add extra air to water i just wouldnt do it with seeds in there myself.

I will note though just pouring a glass of water and dropping seeds in has always worked great for me even without the bubbles

Ruffin up outter shell ain 't goin to hurt the insides so no sterile needed.

Actually i would still use the peroxide after if you contaminate the shell then put into water bacteria can get into the water, penetrate the shell and kill the seed i have had it happen.

I myself never used to use peroxide for popping seeds i use will be now after loosing a few here and there to no apperent reason

Latest posts

Latest posts