What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastbaygrower is heading for the hills! 2017 outdoor full term grow, x30 300gal.

B

beanz

hay easty ,

bro you probably already know ....... give them plenty to drink in this period . this is when there about to boom don,t hold back . if the soil drains well , which i,m sure it does .

learning your soil is little hard at the start ..... i rekon took me all last season to get to know mine . soil moister meter is of little help .... its a indicator . read them bitches and water board them . hahaha

are you on water only soil ? or you got a feeding program .

glad you told me look at that batch of IN THE PINES , it quickly won me over with some bloody nice pheno,s .

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great garden this year! Plants are filling out well! Yep, cage time! Soil looks pretty dry, I would soak it to depth of rooting about once a week. Use a watering wand on medium soft spray pressure. Not experienced with large containers but if its too dry, the roots wont be healthy in those spots. Looking forward to watching them grow! Thanks for sharing! :smoke:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
irrigation looks good. cant believe its already almost flowering time . are you near the fire?

EastBayGrower

Veteran
major fire about 20 miles away and totally uncontained... getting hairy over here, lots of ash dropping around the plants but i think the plants are liking additional C02 from the fire (perfect timing for that)... still getting work done..

Black lime reserve

BLR

Last edited:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
irrigation looks good. cant believe its already almost flowering time . are you near the fire?

Yeah, wayyy to close to comfort... the evacuation advisories are creeping closer and closer to town, if it hits town its gonna get nasty.. but then again ive only been up here for a month, you worried?

everyone in the area stay safe!

I wish we had another 2-3 weeks of good veg time before flower...

you/anyone up here seeing any locusts? i here they where all over catheys valley.. im amazed at the damage by one or two of em...

A

acdc

major fire about 20 miles away and totally uncontained... getting hairy over here, lots of ash dropping around the plants but i think the plants are liking additional C02 from the fire (perfect timing for that)... still getting work done..

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73759&pictureid=1765273]View Image[/url]

Black lime reserve

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73759&pictureid=1765272]View Image[/url]

BLR

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73759&pictureid=1765271]View Image[/url]

mighty fine girls you have there brother:tiphat:

B

beanz

have to get you running some blr#3 and few her crosses like lime dragons blood . be better for large outdoor plants .

though stuff you made and have is all unique . i,m looking forward see some your seed plants too with the long valley you made .

EastBayGrower

Veteran
had to evacuate at noon, fire is only 3-5 miles away from my house... stressing tough.. got out and staying in modesto atm,...

fire is blowing up on multiple fronts jumping highways, rivers, its all bad atm, CALFIRE said it should be at the town of mariposa by 7pm tonight... its surrounding the town from the north and south... and fanning out to Honitos and jumped Merced river to the north...

stay safe everyone

saitama

had to evacuate at noon, fire is only 3-5 miles away from my house... stressing tough.. got out and staying in modesto atm,...

fire is blowing up on multiple fronts jumping highways, rivers, its all bad atm, CALFIRE said it should be at the town of mariposa by 7pm tonight... its surrounding the town from the north and south... and fanning out to Honitos and jumped Merced river to the north...

stay safe everyone

Damn, that's intense. Really sorry to hear. I hope it all works out for you and the fire stays away from your property and crop. Best wishes.

B

beanz

thats tuff mate , you must be going out your mind .

hoping for the best for you and everyone else .

EastBayGrower

Veteran
thanks everyone, its been declared a state and federal emergency, so national guard is being brought in, they are gonna hit the fire hard tonight and should know tomorrow if ill still have a house or not...

please everyone stay safe, kiss loved ones, and dont take your dwelling for granted...

and fyi i DO have fire insurance..

EastBayGrower

Veteran
thanks for the good vibes everyone, it was a tough day yesterday with the fire soooo close, atm the fire is still holding on the west side of town, if it holds that and they can backburn and cutoff the north end of the fire, it might be ok... last night i gave it 50/50 shot to keep the house, now im a little more confident but we'll see what today brings, fire is gonna pick up in teh next few hours...

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Damn, Eastbay...I hope they get a handle on that fire soon. What an introduction to living in the sticks, eh? All that rain we got last year though was good since the reservoirs are full, but it also created a shit ton of kindling in the process.

They really need to hit it hard and soon. No rain in the forecast, humidity low and temps in the 90s for the next 10 days...the good news is that the wind is forecast to be relatively light...which should help the firefighters stay on top of it.

HB.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
So it's finally over! There are over 4500 firefighters from all over the West coast in the area and they are doing a wonderful job, containment up to 40% over 75000 acres vurned, fire came as close as a mile or so fr9m my house, lots of half burnt oak leaves are all around the house, in the pots, everywhere, anyone of those could have started a spot fire at the house

I was able to get back up into town Friday afternoon and although my road was closed I went up and watered with buckets, no power, and stayed the night..

Found out the next morning we were re evacuated, which was mainly due to no power, that was lifted and I can now go back and give the ladies a big watering and wash all the ash off...

It's been a crazy week with Tuesday night when the fire made its big run into town and everyone was evacuated, fire was mov8ng at 2mph and was just a mile out of town, it was a matter 9f time, there's a picture on Twitter of it coming over the ridge into town, saying " here it comes"..... so freaky, it literally burnt up the top of the ridge closest into town, if it went down to the valley town would be gone...

I've heard from a few growers in the area who have all been crazy generous, offering whatever i need to get this back up and running... the power is on so I'm all back to nornal.. All plants safe and sound

Need to grab a bottle of whiskey for when I get home and toast to calfire! Pics soon..