What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastbaygrower is heading for the hills! 2017 outdoor full term grow, x30 300gal.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
garden shots...

garden shots...

update time... things are moving along nicely and the frost is amazing, got a P deficiency on most of my seed plants but on the cookie frost clone which is over half the garden

EasyGoing

What did you put down on the floor? Plastic or fabric? Did this accomplish what you wanted without any downsides?

Plants look great.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
You battling pests much? Caterpillars are present more then usual this year.

Im getting nailed with caterpillars this year in Massachusetts.
We would probably loose 60% of our grow if we werent out there picking them bastards out by hand. When they hatch, they are half the size of a grain of rice. Too small to detect even if your looking through the buds. Its not till they get about 2 centimeters that I can see them enough to grab them and pull em out. But they just keep hatching and are all at different stages of growth. So evil these things are!

Im like 2 1/2 weeks from harvest and I refuse to spray BT on my crop. Ill take the losses if I have to so people arent smoking poison.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Im like 2 1/2 weeks from harvest and I refuse to spray BT on my crop. Ill take the losses if I have to so people arent smoking poison.

Hahahaa thanks for the laugh, BT poison hahahaha....good one....

And if your serious then take off those clown shoes (size 15) and do some research...

EastBayGrower

Veteran
What did you put down on the floor? Plastic or fabric? Did this accomplish what you wanted without any downsides?

Plants look great.

I used fabric pots on asphalt, things are going well... pretty hot on the black asphalt with black pots, soil never got above 80

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I wasnt kidding. Its ok to spray BT at week 8 of flower?!?!?!?!? Thats what your telling me?!?!? Im a fkn clown because I wont spray BT on my plants? You went right to insulting me?!?!?!?!? Well........... I now know I want NOTHING to do with you!

You coulda simply said its ok to spray BT because the half life is 7 days. 2 weeks to fully degrade...Its not poison to anyone who smokes the bud sprayed with it at week 8...... or whatever the case may be.
You coulda took the opp to teach and educate a fellow grower. Instead you insult me?! :moon:

Dankwolf

I wasnt kidding. Its ok to spray BT at week 8 of flower?!?!?!?!? Thats what your telling me?!?!? Im a fkn clown because I wont spray BT on my plants? You went right to insulting me?!?!?!?!? Well........... I now know I want NOTHING to do with you!

You coulda simply said its ok to spray BT because the half life is 7 days. 2 weeks to fully degrade...Its not poison to anyone who smokes the bud sprayed with it at week 8...... or whatever the case may be.
You coulda took the opp to teach and educate a fellow grower. Instead you insult me?! :moon:

:huggg:

CannaFunk

Im going to grow a permaculture style operation where there are so many beneficial insects and companion plants that everything will balance itself... should be fun once I get her going and growing deep roots.

I think spraying plants at the end of flower for any reason is odd.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Damn so many freaking butt hurt little snowflakes on icmag, no wonder i never updare it, you came into my thread and said im spraying poisen on my plants, I said your a clown for thinking BT is poison, that's a joke... and it's week 4ish not week 8, but yeah if you wanted you could spray BT until harvest, which I don't...

Bye bye icmag...

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Im going to grow a permaculture style operation where there are so many beneficial insects and companion plants that everything will balance itself... should be fun once I get her going and growing deep roots.

I think spraying plants at the end of flower for any reason is odd.

Once you lose half your harvest to cattapillars then you'll think again, everything's good in theory ... try it for a couple years and then you can shit on me for spraying my plants with what I want... BT is a naturally occurring bacteria in soil, not like eagle20 or avid which is poison when connected and inhaled... BT is a whole nother category but keep passivly hating you weenies...

O and cats don't give and shit how healthy your plants are, there not like insects or fungal disease.... keep at it guys, you'll get it one day

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I did not come into your thread saying your spraying poison on your plants. Read again.
I said I wont spray it that close to harvest so people arent smoking poison.
Had nothing to do with you. You misconstrued everything I said. If I put BT on my buds a week before harvest wouldnt people be smoking and tasting it on the buds. That was my only point. Had nothing to do with what your doing. Would you soak a bud with BT and then pack a bowl and smoke it? That was my point.
It is NOT a healthy thing to smoke period. Im sorry if you took it that way. And again....Im being called names (snowflake, butthurt, weenies) over a point I made about MY grow. Not only that, but the entire East Coast is now being insulted? Just......wow!
And Im not hating cuz you spray with BT. Its a good thing to do. Just not a week from harvest. I spray BT at transition and week 3 of flower. Thats as deep into flowering as I will go spraying anything on the buds.
I will be more careful in the future to word things alittle better. I guess I shouldnt of used the word poison. That woulda solved this whole misunderstanding. Your doing a great job this year. Keep up the great work.

OCdirty

1. It’s a naturally produced soil bacteria.

2. Bt will be gone once the light hits as it goes away with uv light. Totally fine to hit last week of flower, no?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Thank You for the information OCDirty.
If it is ok to spray the last week of flower then forgive my ignorance on the subject.
Again, a great opp to educate a fellow grower instead of insulting.

CannaFunk

Just to clarify, I was talking about the possibility of bringing on mold or rot due to the excess moisture on dense flowers, Im from the East Coast, and its 100% Humidity where I live in South Fla, so its a big concern. About to move to Yosemite to live in the valley as a chef, I appreciate both coasts, south and north, Montana, Michigan, etc...

If you think the east coast sucks you just haven't lived in the right places with the right people, and if you haven't lived out this way or down this way as in my case, I would hold the tongue.

Anyways, this east coast boy has more hustle, creativity, and skill in one of his butt hole hairs than half the west coast or east coast for that matter. Come to where I live and call me a snowflake bet you won't, but bet you'll see me in Cali schooling the REAL SNOWFLAKES. All I have to say is Hollywood,L.A., San Francisco, Silicon Valley, are the primary brainwash epicenters in the US. You can catch me moving and working. Snowflake, haha good one, and I don't melt unless Im melting glass, and If you think you can take heat like me, try blowing glass in FLa summer and being a chef in the same...Florida is THE SUNSHINE STATE. We have the FIRE.

Just