What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this herm flowers

Americangrower

Veteran
oh so its fem auto.. Well I don't grow fem or autos but I do know that hermies are far more likely with fem autos do to the Ruderalis and of course the reversing. Since you have no light issue it has to be stress related High temp, PH, Low humidity are just a few things to look at

G

ganjygav

oh so its fem auto.. Well I don't grow fem or autos but I do know that hermies are far more likely with fem autos do to the Ruderalis and of course the reversing. Since you have no light issue it has to be stress related High temp, PH, Low humidity are just a few things to look at

It's not auto at all its just a fast version. It's still photoperiod but it's meant only to take 6-7 weeks to Finnish flowering

G

ganjygav

I'm thinking more along the lines of over feeding.
Only second grow using biobizz and allmix soil. I reckon I started feeding to early and then I fed every watering. Too much I think. I've just cut them all down. Only one didn't have balls. I'm not running my tent for one plant so I cut the female as well.
Clones on order , gonna swap for a less hot soil next time and feed less. It's the only thing I can think of.
Ph and temps are fine. I only run a 600w in flower in a 1.5 x 1.5 square meter tent. With a 6 inch boosted extraction and a 6 inch intake fan bringing in fresh air.
Hottest my tent got this whole grow was 29c.

Americangrower

Veteran
I use biobizz nute but not soil. I feed 1/4 strength of what it says. I feed every watering but I think biobizz might have upped their strength because I see a little over fert. I am going to do every other watering now.

window

Veteran
Dude, this is only a suggestion, but it worked for a friend of mine.
He got himself some 20 ltr pots and filled them with Biocanna soil, its good stuff, I use it myself. He started his plants using the same type of soil in 5-6 inch pots and when big enough ( 6-12 inches ) he potted them into the 20 liter pots, a few days later, he flipped to 12/12 and gave plain water throughout the whole grow, no under or overfeeding issue's. OK, he didn't get the greatest yield but it was respectable and the herb was top shelf.
If you wanted, you could use even bigger pots?
I think this is a good way for new grower's or peeps who have trouble reading plants and knowing when to feed.
Like I say, only a suggestion but I would aslo change my breeder/seed supplier if I was you....good luck:)

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Which strain? Some show 2-3 nanners in the beginning and then they go back to full female. If it's a strain you love, then wait a few days. And watch.

G

ganjygav

I thought I would bring you all in on what I've been doing.
I ordered 6 sour diesel clones but that went wrong and I only ended up with one clone. I was really dissapointed but on the same day I got a phone call about some pog clones that needed rescuing.

These pog clones (pot of gold) we're an excess from someone else. They were being kept in the peat pellets inside a bucket of water in somebodies back garden.

They were in terrible shape. Yellow from hunger, half eaten from the garden bugs and they stood 7-8 inches tall with hardly any leaves but they did have new growth.
So I took them home and planted in small pots of soil. Gave them 7 days quarantine with bug spray and powder.

They bounced back a treat, 3 weeks of veg and 5 days of flower and they look like this

picture.php

Bottom left is the sour diesel it's twice the size of the pogs, I've tied topped bent and snapped it over to bring it level with pogs.

Anyway I went with a lighter soil, I'm using canna Terra pro plus, no feed in it. I've been using my biobizz nutes every watering but at half strength.
Anyway this grow is make or break for me . This is my third grow since January and because of seeds that went hermie I've not had any bud.
By make or break I mean if these clones go herm I'm gonna cut my tent up and throw it away.

Stay tuned lol

G

ganjygav

Welcome dude.
I will know within a month if it is me causing my plants to herm.
If I have no problems with these clones then it was definitely dodgy genetics from the seeds

Blazeee

Veteran
I'm thinking more along the lines of over feeding.
Only second grow using biobizz and allmix soil. I reckon I started feeding to early and then I fed every watering. Too much I think. I've just cut them all down. Only one didn't have balls. I'm not running my tent for one plant so I cut the female as well.
Clones on order , gonna swap for a less hot soil next time and feed less. It's the only thing I can think of.
Ph and temps are fine. I only run a 600w in flower in a 1.5 x 1.5 square meter tent. With a 6 inch boosted extraction and a 6 inch intake fan bringing in fresh air.
Hottest my tent got this whole grow was 29c.

That biobizz allmix and feed is fine. Dont worry about feeding too early or at 1/4 / 1/2 strength, unless you see signs of overfeeding. I feed clones and seeds at full whack from day 1 and never have any problems. Only problems my mates have had with the biobizz feed in the past is there shit started yellowing up in flower due to lack of calmag.

I told you last time that your hermie problem was down to those shitty seedsman genetics and the other cheap fem seeds you were buying. Next time do some research before you buy beans, only buy seeds where you can find a couple of grow diaries to completion etc. Or better yet stay away from fem seeds and stick to regs.

Im positive the only reason you got hermies was due to the genetics, it had absolutely nothing to do with your soil / feed.

Heres what i use in veg and flower, i feed every watering and dont have any issues at all, im also using biobizz all mix and ive used it ever since i started growing.

In veg i use everything at the same time, other than the calmag wich i introduce after a few weeks, only use the superthrive occassionaly. Once flipped they get the veg feed with a small amount of terra flores for the first 2-3 weeks, then its just straight flower feed. In flower i use different things at different times etc.

Veg
Aptus Startbooster
Aptus regulator
Biobizz Biogrow
Plant magic CalMag
Super thrive

Flower
Canna Terra flores
AN Big Bud
Grotec Monster Bloom
Canna PK 13/14
FFOF Beastie Bloomz
Plant magic Calmag

You could just use the biogrow, terra flores, pk13/14, monster bloom and calmag and you would be fine.

If you think the feed is the problem though do as window said and cut the feed out completely. Get yourself any dirt you choose and some biotabs and feed just straight tap water, your yield might not be the best but you shouldnt have any problems with those.

Sonic had a thread on breed bay called 'been testing a new (old) way to grow', in this thread he just used autopots and biotabs. I highly recommend you check it out, its definitely worth a read if your struggling to read your plants and how much feed they need etc.

Seriously though, stay away from those seedsman seeds and other fem seeds you cant find completed grow info on.

Hopefully this grow comes out better than your last one, fingers crossed for you mate.

Wish you the best of luck :tiphat:

G

ganjygav

That biobizz allmix and feed is fine. Dont worry about feeding too early or at 1/4 / 1/2 strength, unless you see signs of overfeeding. I feed clones and seeds at full whack from day 1 and never have any problems. Only problems my mates have had with the biobizz feed in the past is there shit started yellowing up in flower due to lack of calmag.

I told you last time that your hermie problem was down to those shitty seedsman genetics and the other cheap fem seeds you were buying. Next time do some research before you buy beans, only buy seeds where you can find a couple of grow diaries to completion etc. Or better yet stay away from fem seeds and stick to regs.

Im positive the only reason you got hermies was due to the genetics, it had absolutely nothing to do with your soil / feed.

Heres what i use in veg and flower, i feed every watering and dont have any issues at all, im also using biobizz all mix and ive used it ever since i started growing.

In veg i use everything at the same time, other than the calmag wich i introduce after a few weeks, only use the superthrive occassionaly. Once flipped they get the veg feed with a small amount of terra flores for the first 2-3 weeks, then its just straight flower feed. In flower i use different things at different times etc.

Veg
Aptus Startbooster
Aptus regulator
Biobizz Biogrow
Plant magic CalMag
Super thrive

Flower
Canna Terra flores
AN Big Bud
Grotec Monster Bloom
Canna PK 13/14
FFOF Beastie Bloomz
Plant magic Calmag

You could just use the biogrow, terra flores, pk13/14, monster bloom and calmag and you would be fine.

If you think the feed is the problem though do as window said and cut the feed out completely. Get yourself any dirt you choose and some biotabs and feed just straight tap water, your yield might not be the best but you shouldnt have any problems with those.

Sonic had a thread on breed bay called 'been testing a new (old) way to grow', in this thread he just used autopots and biotabs. I highly recommend you check it out, its definitely worth a read if your struggling to read your plants and how much feed they need etc.

Seriously though, stay away from those seedsman seeds and other fem seeds you cant find completed grow info on.

Hopefully this grow comes out better than your last one, fingers crossed for you mate.

Wish you the best of luck :tiphat:

Thank for the luck. I've gotta go and pick up some pk yet.
I do have a problem reading the plants it's true. I grew for years just following plant magic + schedule and rarely had problems.
They must have changed formula because I started getting all kinds of deficiencies.

I've had problems ever since finding something that I find easy to use.
Next grow I will start really learning how to read what the plant needs.

B

bigganjabud

I do have a problem reading the plants it's true. I grew for years just following plant magic + schedule and rarely had problems.
They must have changed formula because I started getting all kinds of deficiencies.

Yeah man they had a range called old timers it was made with a very respected grower ot1 and he won't back he's own line anymore cos of recipe changes

Blazeee

Veteran

As far as ive seen from your diaries in the past, your always growing from seed, and never growing the same thing twice from cut. Obviously different strains will react to the feed differently, some may require more or less, its good to grow the same thing out for a couple of runs so you get used to her know when and what to feed and if you encounter any problems you will learn how to solve them over time etc

As far as the plant magic / ot1 stuff, i dont actually think he had anything to do with it, they just put his name on. I think the lad that owned it sold out to Nurticulture a while back. I remember people complaining about the formula changing and having problems with the bloom before he sold out.

I never bothered to waste my time with their soil or grow/bloom, I use their cal mag product though and I like their evolution foliar spray.

G

ganjygav

As far as ive seen from your diaries in the past, your always growing from seed, and never growing the same thing twice from cut. Obviously different strains will react to the feed differently, some may require more or less, its good to grow the same thing out for a couple of runs so you get used to her know when and what to feed and if you encounter any problems you will learn how to solve them over time etc

Yeah I don't grow from seed by choice.
I find it difficult to find clones when I need them and when I do get them they tend to be different to what I ordered. The guys I get my clones from are not the most reliable lol.

Blazeee

Veteran
You should start to make your own clones then, its alot better than relying on other people.

Go down the grow shop and grab yourself a small veg tent, a t5/cfl, some jiffys and a bottle of clonex, along with a propagator and some scalples. Theres plenty of tutorials on here and elsewhere, its not difficult.

Soak the jiffys in some water, snip some shoots off, cut at a 45 degree angle dip in some clonex, give the dome a good spray and wait 10-14 days until you see roots. Spray them down again a week after theyve been sat in the dome, and spray the jiffys after 8-10 days if there looking kinda dry and you will be set. Take x3-x4 more than the amount you will need so you can pick the healthiest ones to use.

Youve got nothing to lose by trying.

G

ganjygav

You should start to make your own clones then, its alot better than relying on other people.

Go down the grow shop and grab yourself a small veg tent, a t5/cfl, some jiffys and a bottle of clonex, along with a propagator and some scalples. Theres plenty of tutorials on here and elsewhere, its not difficult.

Soak the jiffys in some water, snip some shoots off, cut at a 45 degree angle dip in some clonex, give the dome a good spray and wait 10-14 days until you see roots. Spray them down again a week after theyve been sat in the dome, and spray the jiffys after 8-10 days if there looking kinda dry and you will be set. Take x3-x4 more than the amount you will need so you can pick the healthiest ones to use.

Youve got nothing to lose by trying.

I really can't for 2 reasons. I don't have the space and I'm in rented accommodation. I don't cause no damage to the house I hang intake and extraction out of bedroom window.
They do inspections and property improvement works all the time I only get 2 weeks notice

It was lucky the last grow went bad because they decided to come do an electrical safety inspection. I got the letter a couple of days after I cut the plants down.

So either way that crop was doomed.