What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody using boveda

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have used Boveda packs about since they came out.

I use the large 60 gram packs in a 1 quart Ball jar with about 1 ounce of pot.

I used the 72% for a long time but I noticed after a year or so of storage I found mold in some jars.

I switched to 65% and I have not seen an mold for a while.

I recently bought some new packs and I bought 62% this time.

I am about to try a test of same herb in Boveda pack and in just plain jars. I'll let ya know in about a year if I notice a difference. ;)

THC123

Veteran
Last time I dried bud that was at 68% RH just by sealing it in a jar with a boveda 62% pack.

I did not open or burp the jar and the weed was at 62% sticky and the stem snapped after 4 weeks.

So they can also be used to dry cannabis in a jar. Actually this way they don't fuck up the taste. I think bovedas fuck up the taste if it rehydrates cannabis, but not if it dehydrates cannabis.

Drewsif

I found a good tasting strain in the dispo. First strain I've went back for 3 times in my life, and guess what: they fucking stuck a 62 humi pack in the jar and completely RUINED the only good tasting strain on the shelf. Im cleaning my vape for the 2nd time today. Oh and if you dont vape, didn't grow up around hashish smoking guano obsessed hippies you don't know what your talking about. That nasty necco wafer flavor might actually be an improvement to a dirty bowl of nitrate weed.

This demonic possession, this religious commercial belief system of "mo product mo betta" has really fucked up my time in the south west. I cant wait to get back home. Where people understand Cannabis was better 100 years ago, because it tasted like Cannabis and nature, not like greed and commercial grow product.

G

I found a good tasting strain in the dispo. First strain I've went back for 3 times in my life, and guess what: they fucking stuck a 62 humi pack in the jar and completely RUINED the only good tasting strain on the shelf. Im cleaning my vape for the 2nd time today. Oh and if you dont vape, didn't grow up around hashish smoking guano obsessed hippies you don't know what your talking about. That nasty necco wafer flavor might actually be an improvement to a dirty bowl of nitrate weed.

This demonic possession, this religious commercial belief system of "mo product mo betta" has really fucked up my time in the south west. I cant wait to get back home. Where people understand Cannabis was better 100 years ago, because it tasted like Cannabis and nature, not like greed and commercial grow product.
Don't let the proverbial door hit you on the way out,,,

THC123

Veteran
@Drewsif: that is because all the liquid shit they feed the plants. I have done side by side so many times and nothing beats living soil and just water for the taste.

Hopefull Stoner

There is a competitor to Boveda that is made in the US: Integra Boost humidity packs.

View Image

do you use them now and if so what's your take compared to boveda. I'm already not wanting to use boveda based on folks saying the taste of the weed is affected by it. that's the last thing i want regardless of proper humidity of the buds.

Hopefull Stoner

Did multiple side by sides...
The Boveda out performs the Boost in my opinion.
Boveda lasted longer and kept the flowers moister, smokeable but,
not over dried quicker like the Boost jars.

so how long have you done the side by side tests? what do you say about the taste of the weed changing because of boveda and do your peeps notice a difference or not ? care about that far more then RH.

ozzieAI

Veteran
i am glad this thread popped back up...i did a side/side over 2 months: same pot, same container, same weight....using a 62% boveda v without

to get an unbiased result i had 2 long term smokers assess each batch for visual appearance, smell, density, vapour quality and effect...

the boveda came in slightly ahead on all categories, except smell...

the boveda sample was noticeably stronger and nicer/better...the plain sample just didn't pack as much punch....

both judges are now using bovedas in their stashes...

bovedas are used/designed for cigars that can value up to if not way more than cannabis...

Firstly, Boveda produce the only affordable device that offers two-way humidification thanks to the aforementioned permeable “reverse osmosis” membrane.

As a result, Boveda packs don’t just release moisture when humidity levels drop but they also absorb excess levels too. This is particularly handy if you store cigars somewhere with fluctuating temperatures.

Alternative humidity devices on a similar scale or budget would be devices such as foam or gel equipped with distilled water and sometimes propelyne glycol. Unlike Boveda packs, they only diffuse moisture through constant evaporation and do so at the maximum possible rate.Due to the various chemical used, they also release byproducts along with the moisture, which may taint the cigars. Meanwhile, Boveda packs can only release and absorb pure water vapour.

personally for me i wouldn't be without them, i use CVaults for storage and have not had one single out break of mould...a common thing here in the tropics...used to have to do long term storage in freezers...

Cvault/Bovedas have saved my arse...

TheMan13

Veteran
do you use them now and if so what's your take compared to boveda. I'm already not wanting to use boveda based on folks saying the taste of the weed is affected by it. that's the last thing i want regardless of proper humidity of the buds.

I still use them on occasion, especially if the flower is a bit moister than I'd like in a jar. I don't believe there is a difference between the Integra Boost and Boveda product personally.