What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kentucky/Ohio Valley growers...

G

MJ is KY's largest cash crop... only California produces more than KY.

I recently moved north from KY... (damn yankees)

G

jackbaybeh why yes it did come from there..lol..that` was some fire herb there.. yes it was around that time also..down the street from the mister gattis..all you can eat buffet um..did you get any genetic info from the guy ? i didnt know him but my friends did.. man thats crazy..
that was way back then eh?

take care
greenfriend

JACKBAYBEH

High all!,
KyHomeGrown is right. I never heard these guys refer to it as the Elvis
bud GreenFriend. The bud I'm speaking of, I'm almost certain, was an NL pure
cross. I remember the guy I was "cool" with had been growing the NL in
hydro since the late 80's. Back then (88'-89') I must admit that I thought mail ordering pot seeds was just a scam and I had only "heard" about "growing in just water" lol. Anyway, he was affiliated with another Shively resident (who also played keyboard for a popular local Reggae band and was the only white boy in said band) who I know had contact with some growers from southern Indiana and also swapped genetics with a few guys from Bullit and Spencer counties also. These two crossed the NL with some genetics from one of these other sources and started cash cropping with a few different females they kept for mother plants. But it was the "fire".
I remember the first "thunder over Louisville" with a bag of this shit. Yes, it's
been that long ago already!! Damn, time does seem to fly. Those guys and that bud are nothing but a fond memory now. :wink: JACK

Dramajic

A brother in law with the U.S Forestry Service tells me that guerilla growers are now using GPS receivers to plant the crop. In the past the forest service has looked for large grows, usually with aircraft. With just several plants in a grow, it's damn near impossible for LEO to find unless he gets lucky. With GPS the grower can return to the exact spot. Ain't technology wonderful.

JACKBAYBEH

Technology does have it's advantages!
A friend of mine was talking about using GPS a while back.
Personally I never used to put more than 4-6 plants per plot and would
always make a crude map to get me back to the different plots. I'm sure
in some areas of the country you could get away with a small field of plants
but it's way too risky here in the bluegrass, even in the remotest parts of the
state. Too risky for me anyhow. There are plenty who try it I'm sure. Like the guy from Valley Station who got popped with 100+ plants in his backyard
a couple years back. That was just plain stupidity. I haven't done outdoor in years now but I'm trying to put a grow together for this spring. That's something to think about Dramajic.

KYHomeGrown

JACKBAYBEH, the NL you speak of, you said they did some crosses, did you ever come accross NL x Blueberry, it was supposely done in the westend, now that is some fire, but still doesnt have the knockout effect that the elvis does

JACKBAYBEH

Hey KHG,
To my knowledge the guys I'm speaking of never worked with the blueberry.
I know a few people that grow NL#5xBlueberry from different versions purchased from seedbanks but that's all I've ever tasted around here personally. I'm probably not in the right circle to have tasted the local version
or something. You know as well as I do, I'm sure, that <especially> in this city
it's all about who you know. I do know of an old geezer in Sylvania that was growing the BB along with what he said was old school afghan but this was long after these other guys were gone.These guys got a few cuts of what they called "bubblegum" from there buddies in southern IN. It did have the BG smell and a sweet taste but it didn't compete with the potency of the NL they were working. If I remember correctly the BG was obtained right before they were busted so I doubt a cross with their NL was ever made. The bulk of
the genetics they traded for weren't "kind" or named strains in the sense that they were purchased genetics from seedbanks. Mainly just localized strains that supposedly had been in the area and out in surrounding counties for years. Besides the NL the only other strains they had to my knowledge that
had been originally purchased "seedbank" genetics were the SK#1 and ShivaSkunk. I don't think at the time they had it that the BG had hit A-Dam
yet or if so the beans certainly weren't made commercially available yet.
I could be wrong. There are alot of growers and enthusiasts on this end of
the city, no telling what all is around and what has been achieved.
Please fill me in on this "Elvis bud". I'd like to here of experiences with it. L8R :smile:

KYHomeGrown

the elvis has been in clone form for almost 15 years. a buddy bought the seeds in amsterdam back in the early '80's. it is afghan x hash plant. the grower has kept it in the clone form since then.

Goldie

hashplant420 said:
im in the area and g13 has been around the area for some time now just g13 and another strain they call dumster its kill to there r some other strain that come around from tome to time

Ive been around that area all my life, and I never heard it called anything but "the shit" - "Hey, you get the shit?" "Where`s my shit?" LOL

I just found out it had a real name - LOL :confused:

B

baccas125

holy shit!!!!

holy shit!!!!

Im just wondering how i missed this thread. lets hear a loud roar for appalachia growers!!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

baccas

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Southern Indiana

Southern Indiana

I spent many nights getting stoned on the riverbanks of the Ohio while watching tugs float by.... grew some mean Indiana Bubblegum during the late 80's and early 90's :smoke::yes: solid soil ~

Latest posts

Latest posts