What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fastest strains for North of 50 latitude ???

gorilla ganja

I know there are several threads for early strains on here but I am looking for first hand experience North of 50 degrees Latitude.
I'm on a quest for a fast finishing outdoor strains for my area, 53 degrees north. I would like to find sativa, sativa dominate strains if possible that are not auto's. This yr. I tried 6 different strains and although I did not expect some to finish I will be lucky if any will finish properly before frost. So I am looking for first hand outdoor experience
with strains that finish by mid September.
Although I prefer sativa any strains that finish by mid September will be helpful. Please post your latitude, strain, and breeder if possible.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Peace GG

Last edited:

Highcountry

Reefermans mighty mite will all be done by mid sept at 50. Highrise seeds mob99 all finished for me sept 10 - 20 at 50. Same with highrise' patriot medicine (gg3 x (gg3 x sk1)) and fast bionic geurilla (gg3 x(gg3xbuebonic)). Guerrilla golds finish around the same time. Highrise has more strains that will finish around that time as well. Just haven't grown them myself. Da bean co's brickland will finish anywhere from late July to early October at 50. Finish times all over the place but there are some really nice plants in this hybrid. Kootenay mountain seeds early grizzly is a mid sept finish at 50. Nice looking stuff but I found it low potency. East island seeds Dutch treat will finish around mid sept at 50. Pretty decent stuff too. If I can remember more I'll post em. Cheers.

NeDank

cut n paste from another thread

@gorilla ganga maybe check out some of LBH's early non auto gear? They call em semi auto haze but it doesn't autoflower just really early. If memory serves correctly LBH breeds outdoors around your lat in Amsterdam (52*).

This thread has a few great examples of both his auto and early haze hybrids.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=306454&page=5

NeDank

Forgot to mention highcountry is right about Mighty Mite although the Reef is expensive and MM is indica dom hybrid.

However I disagree about Fire99.

Fire99 finished for me @ 45N 1-2 week of october

Patriot Medicine mid-end september

Fast Bionic Guerilla mid-end september

Do note these were from seed plants which tend to be a bit later than clones.

Highcountry

Forgot to mention highcountry is right about Mighty Mite although the Reef is expensive and MM is indica dom hybrid.

However I disagree about Fire99.

Fire99 finished for me @ 45N 1-2 week of october

Patriot Medicine mid-end september

Fast Bionic Guerilla mid-end september

Do note these were from seed plants which tend to be a bit later than clones.

I didn't mention fire99 as the Reg version isn't early, like you said, October finisher. Mob99 (the hybrid I mentioned) was made with the auto c99. I do have a the fire99a which will finish in sept at 50. Later than the mob99 tho. I crossed the fire99a with the auto fire99 for an August/early sept finisher. Yum yum

gorilla ganja

Thanks Highcountry for the firsthand info. very much appreciated.
Thanks to everyone else for contributing as well. I don't mean to be rude but if we can keep the posts to 50 degrees latitude and above that would be great. I think the difference in finishing times between 43 and 53 lat. is at least 4-6 weeks. That is the difference between a nice finish and snow on the ground up here. I don't mind indica strains being listed here but if possible a quick smoke report would be nice. Couch lock strains are not welcome here. :moon:
Peace GG

scabbler

Hi , I did a strain called Flatlad Basic a couple of years ago . It's a Sativa Dom hybrid worked on and made in Denmark by a well respected grower / breeder . My lat is 53 N too , though I'm UK based . It was a mediocre season weather wise and I part harvested through mid September to the end . Lovely spicy /peppery tones , great for sex :D Could be pheno dependant but I'm only going by what I grew . Big plants aswell :)

gorilla ganja

Hi , I did a strain called Flatlad Basic a couple of years ago . It's a Sativa Dom hybrid worked on and made in Denmark by a well respected grower / breeder . My lat is 53 N too , though I'm UK based . It was a mediocre season weather wise and I part harvested through mid September to the end . Lovely spicy /peppery tones , great for sex :D Could be pheno dependant but I'm only going by what I grew . Big plants aswell :)

Thanks scabbler any idea where these can be bought?

gunnaknow

Flatland Basic is bred by a guy called Lala. I'm not sure that we're allowed to say where you can buy them. It's a cross between Danish Passion and UK08 – an early sativa dom strain. However, I don't know that it would be done by mid Sept; more like late Sept. He does a ThaiPassion that will be done by mid to late Aug at 54 °N.

For early to mid Sept, you might like to try PehkuThyphoon or PehkuNepal. Royal Dane is another sat dom that is usually done by early to mid Sept at 55 °N. Esben from HFH currently breeds it but it won't be back in stock until around mid Oct. He mentioned that it will be restocked in a very sativa version.

gunna

Last edited:
C

CheifnBud2

I have had a green crack that was honestly done in early sept. Other than that just a couple phenos of power plant that were noticeably earlier.

danlilker

I know there are several threads for early strains on here but I am looking for first hand experience North of 50 degrees Latitude.
I'm on a quest for a fast finishing outdoor strains for my area, 53 degrees north. I would like to find sativa, sativa dominate strains if possible that are not auto's. This yr. I tried 6 different strains and although I did not expect some to finish I will be lucky if any will finish properly before frost. So I am looking for first hand outdoor experience
with strains that finish by mid September.
Although I prefer sativa any strains that finish by mid September will be helpful. Please post your latitude, strain, and breeder if possible.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Peace GG

hi. try EARLY MAROC by philosopher seedes. it's an early finisher. i planted it beginning of february and harvested it on the 28th of june. 100% sativa. a good punch of stoned-ness:dance013:

Ledsicon

id reccomend dutch passions duckfoot version for fast stealthy called frisian duck or the auto frisian duck or frisian duee or passion1 hollands hope. all 6-8 week flowerers and dp also has some killer autoflowers like their autos made for higher altitudes and wet climates and faster finishing or also later finishing if you for ex can have something out for 77-90 days you can get massive 300gram + dried pr autoflower plant from dutch passion ex auto durban poison,automazar,autoextreme,think different,auto cinderellla jack auto glueberry og auto colorado cookie, think big,, and when i let n.b.s from boston, some rappers used to good medical boston diesel they called the auto colorado cookies i gave them fire and nicked me gas and loud cause they never imagined they could get that wasted from autoflowers, i allmost had to proove it was auto. :)
so if you trust yourself dont buy into people saying autos cant give ame yield or potency, thats bullshit, its autos regurly tested now at 21-25% thc and the auto record yield (indoors) i know of is if you type on ex google: the kings automazar 900grams dried of 1 plant autoflower. its also alot of other growlogs with autos from dp ranging between 150g-350g pr plant.but the 900g yield one had 1000w lighting with gavita plasma hps and led growlights,lol.

Ledsicon

hi. try EARLY MAROC by philosopher seedes. it's an early finisher. i planted it beginning of february and harvested it on the 28th of june. 100% sativa. a good punch of stoned-ness:dance013:

really a landrace moroccan pure sativa? hows its potency taste smell profile ?

danlilker

really a landrace moroccan pure sativa? hows its potency taste smell profile ?

yes a landrace. pure moroccan. 100% sativa. me not a big smoker at all so it was more than enough. try it. i grew it at latitude 40 though. but you can plant it even in march/april or even in may. i planted it in a flowerbed. reached 1metre and 75cm. was not receiving the biggest amout of direct sunlight and yet gave me 100+ grams. the buds are like all sativas. more airy than compact. . smells kinda mild reminding me somehow of cat piss but very light. taste was smooth not heavy. never coughed or throat itching. left buds to dry for just a bit more than 1month. people liked it as it was all natura. potency? medium-high i'd say. here's the description
https://www.philosopherseeds.com/en there's also another early finsher(which i haven't tried but would like to) from Africa it's called LION'S HAZE. here http://powerseeds.com/feminized-seeds/lions-haze/

regards :tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
A quick finishing maroccan is very likely mostly indica, not sativa. In these simplified and wrong terms...

Latest posts

Latest posts