What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drudown420's indoor Led/HPS mash up

Hi everyone im Drudown420. Im new to ICMAG but have been growing for 3 years now. This will be my 3rd year indoor and I am currently in my 2nd year outdoor.

My indoor experience includes various closet, tent, and custom built room grows.

Outdoor I have limited experience, but am learning and have progressed a lot, especially this year.

Ill give out some more info. later on my accomplishments and details on my previous grows but lets get right down to it.

First off I am a 215/sb420 compliant grower with a small non-profit collective and strictly adhere to my state/county guidelines.

In this thread I welcome any and all suggestions as I thirst for knowledge.

To start our my grow will be in a custom built 17x 6.5 ft room. Air will be circulated by 3 hurricane wall mounted fans. I am using a single exhaust system with a 675cfm 8 inch can max fan and am planning on adding a cheaper 8 inch fan to cool my 2 HPS hoods.

Lighting will be 2 1000w 8inch cool tube raptor xxl hoods with hps bulbs, 2 Mars 2 1200w leds, and 1 700w Mars 2 Led. I am going with the Led/hps combo as I have seen great results with the mixture. I am contemplating on going full led, due to power saving and less heat, but I am not fully convinced on LED's yet. I have used leds now for about a year and half with great results. The price on the LED's seems a little hard to swallow at first, but I have found a good company, with quality LED's, great warranty, and comparable results to LEDs that are almost 3x as much when purchased from other companies. I will be doing a side by side comparison in 2 4x4 tent grows on LED vs HPS this winter to make a final decision.

For this room I also have a 10k BTU ac unit if needed as well as a 10gal Co2 tank with regulator. I have played with several setups with the Co2 system as well as the ac so I am desperate for input. I have recently found that if running my ac alone with no exhausiting it is more cost efficient and cools much faster than with my exhaut on. So I am thinking of running my ac and my exhaust fan in closed loop inside my grow room to recycle the air to make it fresh......can anyone tell me if they think this would work? Or do I still have to run the ac and run the exhaust to vent out the stale air??

Also if running the room sealed will I loose much ac by way of the ac venting its exhaust? I was also thinking instead of using Co2 going the cheaper route and using and induction fan for fresh air instead?? Suggestions:chin:

Now for the most exciting part. This time I will trying to be running as close to an SOG as possible, but realize with different strains it might be a little tough. All our clones right now are very close to the same age which might make it doable. I will be focusing more this time on tops for all my plants so lollipopping will be a must. Strains will be Life is good girl scout cookies 2013 La cannabis cup winner, Candyland, Killer Skunk, and Med Pro's Blue dream.

Im super tired so im out.....will be adding on this more tomorrow with some pictures. A few of the GSC are showing some severe kind of leaf burning so ill have to fix that in the am. Super:dunno:

CE1122

What's up growmie!? I'll be looking forward to learning a thing or two from you. I'm trying to step up my indoor game now that I have that room completed.