What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to clean inline fans and carbon filter after budrot

Hey guys,

Do i need to replace my exhaust/intake fans or will wiping them down be good enough? I currently use one 6" vortex s-line for intake and use an 8" vortex s line for exhaust. Should I be worried about spores being inside the fans where i can't wipe down? Also do i need to do anything special to clean my carbon filter? Will spores be inside it? Should I just replace or should I be okay? The equipment has been in storage for a year because i moved. It was wiped down with hydrogen peroxide solution before going into storage but I don't want to start up a new grow if any of the equipment could be contaminated.
Thanks dudes!

Cappy

Intake fans weren't exposed to anything, and exhaust fans are blowing away from your grow. I don't see how some spores effects activated carbon, but I could be wrong

Cvh

Supermod
Personally I belief that the spores that causes budrot are always around us is the air, both outside and inside.

I think the best thing to do is to change your environment so that those spores can't take root on your plants. Imo, budrot is caused by improper environmental conditions.

Latest posts

Latest posts