What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud rot?

Andread420

Good evening grower, can you tell me if the first photos show any signs of a beginning of but rot? unfortunately I did not realize that the humidity had risen to 70% inside the grow room and I started looking for signs of mold among the buds as the buds are thickening a lot .. I specify that the flower has been cut in the part lower than the plant. Then I have photos of the top buds showing these brown / red spots and I wouldn't want it to be related to bud rot or if it's just a burn. the room is very ventilated and the air circulation is constant .. please help me I don't want to waste months of hard work ?

Attachments

• 20201223_232011.jpg
    20201223_232011.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20201223_231827.jpg
    20201223_231827.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201223_213643.jpg
    20201223_213643.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20201223_212924.jpg
    20201223_212924.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20201223_231744.jpg
    20201223_231744.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20201223_231737.jpg
    20201223_231737.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201223_210348.jpg
    20201223_210348.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20201223_210508.jpg
    20201223_210508.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201223_210418.jpg
    20201223_210418.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201223_210308.jpg
    20201223_210308.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 25

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
The second one is definitely botrytis and it’s about to start on the plants with brown patches

Cut them down now and you can save what is there

Andread420

thank you very much bro, I have already cut the plant in question but I don't know if I should cut all the others or let them end .. what do you think? Thanks again

Coeus

Good evening grower, can you tell me if the first photos show any signs of a beginning of but rot? unfortunately I did not realize that the humidity had risen to 70% inside the grow room and I started looking for signs of mold among the buds as the buds are thickening a lot .. I specify that the flower has been cut in the part lower than the plant. Then I have photos of the top buds showing these brown / red spots and I wouldn't want it to be related to bud rot or if it's just a burn. the room is very ventilated and the air circulation is constant .. please help me I don't want to waste months of hard work ?
a fair bit budrot in there im afraid shame as they look like good yielders the dead leaves are not helping either as it looks like they are retracting into the flower causing all sorts of nasties inside my guess is it may turn to mush keep a closer eye on things in the future and you will be suprised at your returns ;)

Andread420

a fair bit budrot in there im afraid shame as they look like good yielders the dead leaves are not helping either as it looks like they are retracting into the flower causing all sorts of nasties inside my guess is it may turn to mush keep a closer eye on things in the future and you will be suprised at your returns ;)

I also thank you for the speed in answering :) anyway, as I wrote above, I was wondering if it was better to cut everything and finish the cycle now or if it is enough to cut only the plant in question .. I have already cut that plant and fortunately I have not found more botrytis but I'm afraid that, given the humidity and the spores, I'll find more surprises as soon as I cut them all

Coeus

I also thank you for the speed in answering :) anyway, as I wrote above, I was wondering if it was better to cut everything and finish the cycle now or if it is enough to cut only the plant in question .. I have already cut that plant and fortunately I have not found more botrytis but I'm afraid that, given the humidity and the spores, I'll find more surprises as soon as I cut them all
if me i just cut the one in question and pay a lot of close attention on the remaining ones ;) its your call ;)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If I see a dead leaf sticking out a bud it's 'panic stations' for the humidity within a bud won't stand for dead material sitting about in there. They will often pull out because it's already mush in there at that point.

I just ordered some potassium silicate to increase resistance. It strengthens cell walls to help them fend off attack. I can't imagine it doing much tbh but every little helps. There is also organocide? which is a PK type thing. Kills on contact and offers systemic aid. Before breaking down into PK in about a week-10days.

Andread420

If I see a dead leaf sticking out a bud it's 'panic stations' for the humidity within a bud won't stand for dead material sitting about in there. They will often pull out because it's already mush in there at that point.

I just ordered some potassium silicate to increase resistance. It strengthens cell walls to help them fend off attack. I can't imagine it doing much tbh but every little helps. There is also organocide? which is a PK type thing. Kills on contact and offers systemic aid. Before breaking down into PK in about a week-10days.
Then it must be said that the cut plant had no other botrytis and therefore it was only that small top and the leaves in the tips of the flowers have been like this for a month and I was noticing that it was light burn or cal / mag deficiency too because they occurred only in the leaves closest to the light .. surely even if they did not die from botrytis surely some dead organic matter inside the buds with these parameters will probably rot.
Anyway thank you very much for the information that surely after this time I will try to be more careful and to prevent as much as possible! I have one of the 3 remaining plants, the most productive but also the one that still has a few more weeks to do, which has almost the same spots as the cut one but looks absolutely healthy and I wouldn't want it to be destroyed by paranoia without actually being compromised .. the other two, the denser and more compact, I will cut them next week but I am really afraid that in this week the botrytis can take them too ?
Thanks again for the help (I know I'm a person who thanks a lot ??)

Latest posts

Latest posts