What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New leaves turning neon luminous yellow green.

Red October

I'm not sure if the new growth coming out is indicating an issue I need to take note of. I noticed something similar to this at the beginning when I had her in a pot and the soil had become too compact. Growth is still going on, but I figured out I was watering the plants in the ground too little so they didn't have the explosive growth I was expecting when I replanted them but they are doing better now with me applying more water regularly.

I'm wondering if it might be a reaction to too much salt/sodium as I have a lot of loose beach sand in my garden and it has been blowing into the newly redone area for the plants. Trying to control the loose sand by keeping it wet but the wind has been brutal so it's a bit of a loosing battle, I need to get new grass growing to work as a ground cover.

I checked out sodium poisoning but the plant is still very healthy at the moment, so it doesn't fit the bill but I'm not sure if the plant is telling me it's not happy about something. Any thoughts would be appreciated, it does look pretty though :plant grow:

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_113443.jpg
    IMG_20201221_113443.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Red October

Colors are starting to come back in, figured this pheno was more prone to show the issue and applied extra iron to the whole patch of soil. Many thanks again man.

Attachments

• IMG_20201224_183546.jpg
    IMG_20201224_183546.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 30

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colors are starting to come back in, figured this pheno was more prone to show the issue and applied extra iron to the whole patch of soil. Many thanks again man.

You got it! New top growth yellowing = iron
Bottom growth yellowing = nitrogen.
Looks like they'll come around well!

Latest posts

Latest posts