What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gelato 33 deficiency

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I've been hitting every other feeding with an extra little bit of calmag+. There's a bunch in the GH3pt so I add about half tsp / gal to the mix every other time. It spread slightly, but it's not a huge issue anymore. Mostly just getting worse on the effected leaves and staying isolated there.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Idk about calcium def, with all do respect to slownickel, but my plants that had same issue were in rich soil.

I also cut those leaves off so the plant didn't waste any energy trying to mend them.

Hydroplex is good stuff!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Idk about calcium def, with all do respect to slownickel, but my plants that had same issue were in rich soil.

I also cut those leaves off so the plant didn't waste any energy trying to mend them.

Hydroplex is good stuff!

Hydroplex and hydroguard are both staples in my garden :tiphat:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
If you like Hydroguard definitely look into Hygrozyme. It works far better imho and goes much farther. I use 6ml per gallon.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you like Hydroguard definitely look into Hygrozyme. It works far better imho and goes much farther. I use 6ml per gallon.

I use both :) i do 5-6ml per gal of the hygrozyme. In my dwc it really keeps the root zone healthy. Ive tried just one or the other and both are incredible in conjunction.

troutman

Seed Whore
Bring the pH closer to 6.2 and things should improve. :tiphat:

I add a tiny amount of Epsom salt to my water when the tops fade a little.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Decreased. No signs of stress after I started going to 1/2/3 + calmag every other time from 2/2/2 (veg/micro/bloom)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran

Hydroplex is good stuff!

While the necrosis could be burning, there is an overall light green to the upper canopy and stunted looking tops that look like the plant just went into flower with cold nights. That is typically Ca as I think the growing plant tries to stay awake with the lights off when Ca can barely move and photosynthesis isn't greening them up. Lashings of foliar Ca or a big Ca boost in late veg answer this.

I think the OP said week 2? Which would mean they are getting over it now. It's taken a while though. So next cycle, more Ca before the switch and perhaps in general.

They also look wet. We see this a lot using this method. The roots are actually stood in water. It's floored.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I have air stones in each of the pots.

I don't know why people aren't reading the post and commenting anyway.

These are not in soil.

Ya know Gato, there actually is a little truth to that. Haha. I switched from CMH/HPS to LED SF4ks and they have some intense light at 100% brightness. When they came out from under the t5s they went right under the LEDs but I didn't dim them to 40-50%. They got the full 100% for 24 hours.

These have air stones.

The problem is rectified.

Latest posts

Latest posts