What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin. What ton press?

TdotGonG

Wanting to do 14g runs. Would a 6ton be enough for 14g runs, or be safe and get a 10ton? Thanks for any help!

HHILL

I do 20g presses in a 2x4 inch bag on 3x5 plates. Rarely need to go over 4 tons of pressure. If you go over 5 tons, the rosin starts to get green, or plant matter is in the rosin. Not desired in my opinion.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My little 4 ton Dabpress has a 3x5, and it is light and portable. I think bags are a waste, personally.

HHILL

My little 4 ton Dabpress has a 3x5, and it is light and portable. I think bags are a waste, personally.

Have you tried 20g of flower in your press? Maybe I’ll try it sometime, prepress into the puck, then press for the rosin.

I just pressed 100 grams of Sunshine Daydream, got 28.9 grams of rosin with bags, almost 29% yield, best I’ve seen in bags. I don’t do a second press, btw