What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My replied always post with double or triple spacing... why?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Testing a post.
To see if it still does the spacing.
After making a change in Firefox about:config

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Appears to be a 'feature' of Firefox.

The proposed fix, may or may not work correctly. It did for the previous test post but not this post, I had to edit it to fix the post.

Open a new tab. Type about:config in the address bar. Click through security warning if it appears.

Search for the value editor.use_div_for_default_newlines

Change the value of this entry to false

and spacing in posts should be normal and not double spaced.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Appears to be a 'feature' of Firefox.

The proposed fix, may or may not work correctly. It did for the previous test post but not this post, I had to edit it to fix the post.

Open a new tab. Type about:config in the address bar. Click through security warning if it appears.

Search for the value editor.use_div_for_default_newlines

Change the value of this entry to false

and spacing in posts should be normal and not double spaced.

That was it (or what I remembered). I have saved it for prosperity :biggrin:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Mine is set to true and I'm not seeing that problem on my end. Also the last 2 posts you guys made were double spaced, but not the test post Blynx. Very strange.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Testing post through Post Reply button instead of Quick Reply

Let's see if this works

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe the about:config key I posted earlier is not the fix and/or you also need to change a second value.

Open a new tab and type about:config click through any security warnings

In the search box type editor.singleLine.pasteNewlines

(I edited this post because the search value above is displaying in my Firefox is showing a space between the e and s. There is no spaces in the text you are typing in the search box)

The default value in my Firefox was 2. I changed this to 1 and made my most recent test posts and it doesn't appear to double the spaces (newlines) between paragraphs.

I did put a single space between paragraphs in the previous two test posts.

When I used to do this, it would make the spacing double. Now it's not since I made the change in this post.