What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY NFT System / Dosidos / Mostly LED's grow

3 weeks of 12/12 : They are still stetching, i had to raise my lights. They drink like hell, and trichomes are showing every where...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Maybe Farmer Labs. What light you running in flower?

I run homemade led's fixtures. They really do the job. 2 bars of 200 watts each, scalable to 330 watts. I just harvested the sour orange diesel, at least 2 weeks before the given date, they were just ready. Hydro + good led's, awesome!

4 weeks of 12/12 : Still stretching, drink a lot, and eat all the nutes in 2 days. They can stand high EC but i give 1.2 max. Two phenos : not the same bud shape. And it smells quite a bit...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

5 weeks of 12/12 : i'm worried, cause now i'm seeing the phenos, and one is already ripe, strange, one is a real runt, almost no bud forming, over 5 plants, only one is behaving normally.
It seems like a waste of time...

The runt :
picture.php

The ripe :
picture.php

picture.php

The normal one :
picture.php

The runt close up :
picture.php

6 weeks of 12/12 : last update before harvest...

In fact, the plants are ready, at least the GSC phenos. What i called "runts" are GSC phenos, and the "normal one" is the skunk pheno.
I will harvest @7 weeks, because it's done for one week at least.
So i hope the potency is worth the low yield...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

For those interested only!

Why was it done so early? Because they were seeded ! Shit! Last grow i had the same problem. I found a few male flowers while i was harvesting.

Aaaah, fem seeds!!!

bs0

That is too bad! I have some (claimed) dosido going at 3.5 weeks and I've never had this kind of resin production at this stage before. Hadn't checked back here for a while and was hoping to see how you ended up. Too bad about the nanners :-( How are your environmentals? Pretty steady?

That is too bad! I have some (claimed) dosido going at 3.5 weeks and I've never had this kind of resin production at this stage before. Hadn't checked back here for a while and was hoping to see how you ended up. Too bad about the nanners :-( How are your environmentals? Pretty steady?

Generally i have no seeds. But i think that my NFT system is responsible. Third time i use it, third time it finishes too early. Now i've got GG4, and 2 over 5 plants are finished, almost dying. Yellow and droopy leaves, the other are green and not ripe yet. So there must be a stress somewhere, somehow, i don't know. For me, it's not the strain.

I found the problem : root rot. I chopped the 2 ripest, and beneeth it was all rotten. The rate of flow is too low with my little hoses, my water pump is not high pressure, so it runs overpressure and is tired fast. And the water has almost no oxygen, so root rot. And overheating certainly...
The fix is : only 2 big hoses, instead of 4 small. bigger flow, less heat...

bs0

Yuck. I hate root rot and have had issues in the past with it. I hope your fix works!
Current run in my NFT I've been dosing hydroguard and mammoth P in the hopes I can fight it off and have my fingers crossed. NFT grows fast as all hell but sure can go bad in a hurry when things go awry.