What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse plant issue

Blander66

Hello, have a few plants in my green house that are not looking so good some worse then others

The common symptoms between them is the pistols are brown and shriveled

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=78089&pictureid=1883172

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=78089

I put up a few pictures in the album which the link is included any help is great I really would like to get this figured out asap

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ll have to pick one up tomorrow

The little black fly sorta looks like a fungus gnat but it seems a little off to me from the pictures I see online

Pick up some yellow sticky traps too if you can. That'll help you catch one you can scope with ease.

You have russet or broad mites. White flies or fungus gnats are also moving them about.

You look pretty far into flower, so many remedies wont work. What works for me in the past is a round of Grandevo, then Venerate, then Grandevo, then venerate, then release predatory mites. The venerate will put a hurting on your plants, but not nearly as bad as russets.

Might be past saving this time of the year.

Blander66

The pistils look pollinated. The rest of your plant looks like a nute or bug issue.

Yes it’s strange they do, I don’t have any male plants and have not found any hermies

I am thinking mostly bug for the issues it’s the same soil mix for everything and not all the plants are effected

Blander66

You have russet or broad mites. White flies or fungus gnats are also moving them about.

You look pretty far into flower, so many remedies wont work. What works for me in the past is a round of Grandevo, then Venerate, then Grandevo, then venerate, then release predatory mites. The venerate will put a hurting on your plants, but not nearly as bad as russets.

Might be past saving this time of the year.

Yea I’m pretty far into flower, my earlier varieties will be ready for harvest in a week or two, I’m hoping to save as much as possible there are still unaffected plants
I’m going to be running my entire harvest into bho

I said you should scope them instead of being dramatic but yeah.. it looks like russet mites / minor insect issues. In short order your crop could be turned into extremely low thc low terpene hay reeking bunk

This late you can burn/spray sulfur, ogbiowar to slow them down. There isn't anything super effective you can use this late. Predator mites won't help in time. Feed your plants aspirin! It'll help the toxic syndrome they are displaying

Number one... Freaking scope them before taking drastic measures

Blander66

I said you should scope them instead of being dramatic but yeah.. it looks like russet mites / minor insect issues. In short order your crop could be turned into extremely low thc low terpene hay reeking bunk

This late you can burn/spray sulfur, ogbiowar to slow them down. There isn't anything super effective you can use this late. Predator mites won't help in time. Feed your plants aspirin! It'll help the toxic syndrome they are displaying

Number one... Freaking scope them before taking drastic measures

Yep plane to scope them tonight picked up a higher power scope

Blander66

Looked under 100x can’t get a good picture but I see a lot of little white grub looking bugs that are eating in the buds, can’t see them under 60x only 100x so there very small

Looked under 100x can’t get a good picture but I see a lot of little white grub looking bugs that are eating in the buds, can’t see them under 60x only 100x so there very small

Russet mites. You have a serous problem that may effect grows to come if you don't deal with it.

Sorry. :tiphat:

They will survive cold winters no problem. Outbreaks run in 1-3 year cycles.

Beneficial bugs released every 45 days from seed/clone sprout. Make sure to get the right ones for your environment, and make sure to talk to your supplier. (every 45 days or every release, reevaluate climate)

I have had a ton of success with Grandevo and Venerate as preventives, and even eradication. I tend to spray my last round right before onset of flower, then a release of predatory mites after the sprays.

Look around your property for star thistle, they love that stuff. Scope some for fun.....

This above approach really keeps them at bay, I usually double the recommended amount of predatory mites, because they are cheap and super effective.

Get some Ambyseilus Andersonii predator mites for the next crop, they come in little sachets with hooks you can hang on your plants. These guys are very effective against russet mites.

You're going to need to tear down sterilize and start over with new genetics. Don't forget your house.
~5% hydrogen peroxide sprayed/fogged everywhere kills the eggs just use PPE it will burn your lungs.

You most likely got them from your clone guy if you don't work from seed, maybe try someone else. It also may be wise to chop now while you can still make some half decent hash oil. Good luck!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
little tip

little tip

I always hang out yellow sticky traps everywhere in the grow! Most especially in the beginning and keep them there until the very end. Bugs think they are dead yellow leaves and fly to them first and get trapped in the sticky glue. I just check the yellow cards for bug traffic. You would be surprised how many bugs you catch. There has to be plenty of room for them though, because if a plant's leaves touch the sticky traps, you lose some of leaves and have to replace the traps. Super for white flies!

Latest posts

Latest posts