What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can anyone identify this problem?

AKDRUM

This problem should up on some young plants and has spread quickly thru the room. I cannot identify it so I am treating it as a fungus. I cannot see any bugs on the plants. I would be grateful for any help.

Attachments

• 20180910_090116.jpg
    20180910_090116.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 18

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Reminds me of magnesium deficiency the way the veins are green but it's yellowing in between and it looks like it started in the middle, not the top or bottom. I'ma vote magnesium, hit it up with some epsom salt if you have any.

Klompen

On the plus side of that, its basically impossible to overdo magnesium on a plant(short of dumping an entire bag of epsom salt on it)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What's the pH of your soil, and what is the pH of whatever you're watering it with??

I strongly recommend foliar feedings of epsom, since it's too easy to mess up your soil with excess mag. Your cannabis flowers should not spark and crackle when burned, even if you clip some at the peak of flower. ;)

AKDRUM

What's the pH of your soil, and what is the pH of whatever you're watering it with??

I strongly recommend foliar feedings of epsom, since it's too easy to mess up your soil with excess mag. Your cannabis flowers should not spark and crackle when burned, even if you clip some at the peak of flower. ;)
PH is around 6.5 for water and soil. I have suspected magnesium and treated for such. Good quality soil and nutes. It is spreading fast thru the room and does not discriminate between the 4 stains in the room. From a few plants four days ago to about a third of the plants today. It started with small plants, about 6 inches tall and spread from there at a alarming rate. I believe it came in on the seeds for the 6" plants but just guessing.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I never would have though magnesium you shouldn't run out of magnesium in decent soil until maybe well in to flower and that's only if your pH is slipping or you have no dolomite or organic matter in the soil..

I'd suspect it might be pH related probably.. and/or having had amended the soil with too much or too little of something..

Can you tell us some more details about your soil and environment?

It's not a fungus.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
:yeahthatsI'm of the opinion that 90% of all problems in the infirmary are pH related. That's just like, my opinion though man. Magnesium shouldn't be locked out unless he's below 5.8 pH in soil, and he says he's inputting 6.5 but maybe test the run off too AKDRUM. Good luck bro.

AKDRUM

Soil is Kiss Organics. I amend with a bit of gypsum, peat, sand and pumice. Once plants are large enough I amend with kelp, neem meal and malted barley.I use some Iguana Juice every week. Room runs about 75 deg. and humidity runs 40 to 60% but try for 45%. Light cycle 18-6. PH seems right 6.5 and does not fluctuate much over time. Plants 2 months old about and 26" tall.Looked great until about a week ago.

Yes not a mold but perhaps a fungus. Started treating with Green Cure and Exile to see if that works. Seems to be helping so far, will know in the next few days. Also foilered a couple of plants with a mag. solution to see what effect that might give. My first thought also was a mag. issue and gave a soil drench but did not help. Perhaps it was not strong enough, being careful with Ferts.

Not sure if your running a dehumidifier but my plants that are right next to mine literally look identical to your photo. Could just be a coincidence and probably is but I just figured I’d mention it. It’s only one or two plants right next to the unit itself that get direct air blown on them from the dehumidifier

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Not sure if your running a dehumidifier but my plants that are right next to mine literally look identical to your photo. Could just be a coincidence and probably is but I just figured I’d mention it. It’s only one or two plants right next to the unit itself that get direct air blown on them from the dehumidifier

This, and also Ignignokt's mention of air circulation are valid points. Has there been a change in the Temp/RH balance lately?[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
This problem should up on some young plants and has spread quickly thru the room. I cannot identify it so I am treating it as a fungus. I cannot see any bugs on the plants. I would be grateful for any help.
Unstable medium. Looks like too many nutrient salts, and pH issues, leading to twisted leaves and nutrient lockout issues.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Soil is Kiss Organics. I amend with a bit of gypsum, peat, sand and pumice. Once plants are large enough I amend with kelp, neem meal and malted barley.I use some Iguana Juice every week.
I presume you mean KIS Organics?

KIS Organics Veggie Soil Mix

Ingredients: Sphagnum Peat Moss, Coco Coir, Pumice, Composted Fish, Earthworm Castings, Kelp Meal, Crustacean Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Basalt, Oyster Shell Flour, Lime, and Gypsum.

KIS Organics Water Only Soil Mix

Ingredients:Alaskan Sphagnum Peat Moss, Oly Mountain Fish Compost, Earthworm Castings, Volcanic Pumice, KIS Organics Microbe Catalyst, Gaia Green Canadian Glacial Rock Dust, Cascade Minerals Basalt, Calphos Soft Rock Phosphate, Pacific Pearl Oyster Shell Powder, Organic Alfalfa Meal, Organic Fish Bone Meal, Organic Crustacean Meal, Acadian Kelp Meal (ascophyllum nodosum), Ahimsa Organics Neem Cake, Ahimsa Organics Karanja Cake, Organic Fish Meal, Organic Feather Meal, Organic Steamed Bone Meal, Natural Calcite, Ag Lime, Mycorrhiza*, and Beneficial Microbes.​
Forget about the Iguana juice or anything else.

Flush, and just give them a light bloom food (P) so that their roots can grow into the already fertilized soil. And just a touch of epsom salt throughout the grow for sulfur and Mg.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
I have had bad experiences with added peat. Leaves would become like paper. Almost white. Thought this was ph too low.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are overwatering, have too much accumulated N, you need Ca. I would say your Na and K are off the charts. I wonder about your P.

Can you measure runoff? Do you have a conductivity meter? pH paper?

I would wash with 10% solution of low fat milk. And then no more water til they ask for it. Sure would like to see the conductivity and pH though.

The ideal thing to do is send a soil sample in real quick to the lab.

The rest is called best guessing. And as you can see from the broad response, everyone is taking their best shot at it. At the end of the day, science can save the day.

One last question, is your soil mix staying wet forever?

baunty

Hello Guys!
I have a problem with my mother plants, for some reason the old big leaves doesent look so good. I fulshed them not too long ago, but its doesent seems to solve the problem. anybody can tell me whats wrong with those two?

zOHUJEG
wO6kr1Y
AKW6XKp
DpxqZ0q