What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud rot?

ramse

yesterday:
picture.php

picture.php

today, 24h away:
picture.php

picture.php

ramse

I removed the bud, and I dissected it, carefully checking it inside. the Interior looks completely healthy, no sign of mold or white filaments... I cut the brown part, these are the photos:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ramse

it looks rather dry, does not look like the classic bud with mold, and has a good smell...
honestly, it does not seem to me the usual mold. starts from the outside instead of from the inside and the affected areas do not have that consistency from putrefaction
sorry for my bad english

That’s how my bud rot started last run. I didn’t even realize what it was until harvest time. I had a few dead leaves which I attributed to heat stress because my lights were a little to close. Once I harvested I found the dreaded rot. Anyways I wish I could have caught it in time like it appears you have. Just cut any dead material out now and try to finish your plants. I found it was very localized to certain areas so I believe if you get rid of what you can now you’ll have a shot at salvaging your crop. Good luck man.

ramse

Thursday evening I sprayed a plant with Aptus Fungone, today I found it like this:
the pistils and the Trichomes seem to have oxidized... some parts have a brownish color and the leaves are covered with grains (I can not understand what it is) silver-plated whites
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ramse

I tried to look at a few leaves presenting those white grains with a portable microscope
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ramse

silvery white "grains", they showed up after having sprayed the product... mold?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thursday evening I sprayed a plant with Aptus Fungone, today I found it like this:
the pistils and the Trichomes seem to have oxidized... some parts have a brownish color and the leaves are covered with grains (I can not understand what it is) silver-plated whites
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
So the burnt pistils I understand, that's normal when spraying them with most anything. But I don't get the little silver white dots everywhere, that looks worse than before in my opinion.

ramse

So the burnt pistils I understand, that's normal when spraying them with most anything. But I don't get the little silver white dots everywhere, that looks worse than before in my opinion.

yes, it's a disaster. Fortunately I tried the Fungone only on a plant.
I could not understand what those dots are...
do you have any idea?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
exact, it seems so
the question is, why do these small parts die?
Too much humidity.

Weed flowers until the water table starts to drop, and then starts to mature.

Weed is supposed to go through a hot and dry season.

During that season, the matured buds actually attract moisture from the air, because the water table has dried up.