What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud factor X, Bud Candy, Snowstorm ultra and many others secret ingredient exposed.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I experimented with using bud candy from AN on certain outdoor plants for the last 3 years after noticing my buddy using it and the weed had noticeably more terp depth. I never noticed an increase in resin production but the terps were noticeably more desirable to smoke. Ever since then I have experimented with it in my own gardens and noticed it can really make a difference bringing the outdoor terp quality closer to indoor. I don't use it on all my outdoor plants but every year ill use it on a few plants along with my organic teas to see how it makes the clone turn out compared to the same clone ran without it. With my Cloudwalker OG cut it really brings out the chem terps. I havnt been able to get quite the terp depth with full organic without the bud candy aka salicylic acid.

Imagenetic2935

Interesting, although not surprising. The newer bottles of BFX have Willow bark extract on the label.
Personally I use a little SA and Chitosan together and the get super frosty, super fast. Just gotta be careful not to over do it with the SA. Both were purchased for a few bucks off eBay. 20x cheaper than the 1L bottles of BFX.
Not knocking AN though as I get amazing results, just with their connissuer bloom line, Bud Ignitor and Nirvana for some extra organics.

BubbaBear

Interesting that there using willow bark extract in BFX willow bark extract also contains indolebutyric acid which I always thought was bad for resin production but apparently not so, Heavy 16 uses it in Fire and Banana mannas old label said it contained Indole3 Butyric Acid, Naphthaleneacetic Acid and Phosphorous Acid so there clearly something to it.

Also I was checking out new BFX labels and saw one that said it contains a proprietary blend of crustaceans so it's still got the chitosan in it.

A lot of these compounds seem to have a synergistic effect, I always thought using salicylic acid and Triacontanol together was a no no since Triacontanol makes it so plants dont feel environmental or insect stress and salicylic acid works by making the plant think it's being invaded by insects so it boosts its local and SAR but after doing a little research and testing they seem to work synergistically.

BubbaBear

https://www.researchgate.net/public...d_pathway_and_related_metabolites_in_cannabis

This seems to show a 1mM concentration of SA works best, which is about 180mg/liter

So thats 180ppm? Seems high but they only did 3 applications 72 hours apart starting at bud set....If I read that right?

I think BFX has 50 total ppms in it but its designed to be used sll the way thru flower I'm gonna try applying the way they did in the experiment, but maybe do a couple more applications.

BubbaBear

Ive always used aloe vera as my natural salicylic acid source Ive read that aloe contains more salicylic acid than willow but ive never been able to find info on the exact ratio. I'm gonna give this willow extract a shot.

White Willow - 25% Salicin (HLC) - Bark Extract Powder (Salix alba), 12 oz
$27.99
White Willow Bark Extract with Tannins & Salicin is derived from the White Willow Tree (Salix Alba) and grows up to 100 ft. tall in North America as well as Central & Southern Europe. Some cultures have used this bark extract as the original aspirin for headaches, pain relief, and to reduce fever. The active compounds (salicylate glycosides) help to reduce inflammation and naturally soothe the nervous system, while also carrying the ability to assist with skin breakouts and is easy on the digestive system. This is the highest quality White Willow Bark Extract 25% available on the market in raw, powder form. This ingredient may be added to foods and beverages or smoothies and green drinks. It is a tannish-brown powder. PFL Non-GMO powder extracts are Not ETO Treated or Gamma Irradiated and Pesticide Free. Some powdered products require an anti-caking agent and if one must be used in production it will be a non-GMO naturally-derived substance

Lyfespan

Triacontanol,also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol

just ordered this to add to the mixes, anyone else try it out?

I've used Snowstorm Ultra for years, always used it along with a shot of mollassess and get overnight results in trich production.

It does seem the SA IS used and effective.

Interested in trying it with Chitosan to see if I can experience the synergistic effects and to see if it's any better than SA and Molassess.

I'm a light feeder, so These were used maybe once a week during flower but really helped make frosty flowers.

The discussion about alphalpha extract has me curious, I believe it's the secret ingredient in "Superthrive" along with vitamin B12. Whether it's best used in veg or flower is what I'd like to know as I always thought that the alphalfa tea/extract helped a lot with veg but not to be used in flower.

Siever

Veteran
Triacontanol,also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol

just ordered this to add to the mixes, anyone else try it out?

I did. It helps a little, but not that much.
They say it gives 10% more trichomes. They say it, not me.

kind regards,

Siever

Lyfespan

I did. It helps a little, but not that much.
They say it gives 10% more trichomes. They say it, not me.

kind regards,

Siever

what product and how did you use it?

i grabbed BlueGold, noticed it was 2-3 days after root drench before seeing affects