What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

EasyGoing

please...will the people who can answer questions ..from especially people like explosive..please answer questions .we can't just answer arguments we need to include new people and spread inclusion

if you join binance and download the app.. you are given/created a tether wallet ... apparently it's a cold wallet ? depending on how much you want to put in..id say use a combination of binance for trading and holding small amounts and then uses a nanno blue to hold considerable amounts on a hardware wallet...nano have had a man in the middle hack recently (check it out) but id say its still the best place to keep hardware tether (usdt)

agree.

Kankakee

EasyGoing Quote 3/14/2018

" Now, 8700$ Even with all the fud. This is a train coming full speed, and the banks think they can stop it with 10 ft left on the tracks. Imagine the gains once the market is regulated and big money comes in. You boys better be stacking everything you own into this market if you believe. I know I believe "

Very, very, very bad advice ... 3/17/2018 - $7850.00

Last edited:

Kankakee

And folks, Easy is not shorting anything. You need $40,000 per contract on margin for playing BTC on futures exchange and he does not play with the big boys I trade futures for a living.( i do not even trade this crap on futures because of volatility )...He's listening to FUD from the likes of Altucher and McAfee ......See EasyGoing went in BIG as this baby raced passed $13,000 just like all the silver coin " Stackers " as Silver hit $43.00 and he's underwater bigly on Silver as it sits below $20.00 and soon will no longer visit this thread when it hits $3,000.00 very, very soon on it's way downtown'

His floor is $6,000.00 so call his ass out and his band of FUD pumpers and $5,000.00 BTC/Tulip advisors as it craters below this floor '..... LOL'

Last edited:

EasyGoing

Kankakee, you are the worlds biggest troll. You really are a stain on the world.

I am officially done with this thread. Enjoy the troll everybody. It's really annoying trying to give advice to people that have zero clue.

I was actually coming in here to post three trade alerts I just got. I got 4 pm's last time I posted a trade alert and people thanked me. I guess Kankakee ruined it by trying to search for any bit of out of context info to ream me with. Screw him, screw this thread.

You can short BTC without 40k...... where did you even come up with that? https://www.investopedia.com/news/short-bitcoin/
YOu throw so much shit against the wall, it's impossible to debate you. It's like dealing with a insane person. I have better things to do with my life.

Last edited:

geneva_sativa

It is well known that the canna community got into BitCoin because banks and credit card companies not playing ball with them. . .

Kankakee

how are you shorting BTC ?

what exchange ? as you would have provided this instead of " investopedia " b.s.

I trade futures on TD Ameritrade .....

The exchanges require enormous capital for shorting Bitcoin on margin, unlike say shorting oil contracts. So, again what platform are you using for shorting BTC ?

Kankakee

and don't run away from your brutal call about stacking before 10% + drop. own it....

because if you knew it was gonna dip towards $6,000.00 why put capital in at $8,800.00 ??

EasyGoing

how are you shorting BTC ?

what exchange ? as you would have provided this instead of " investopedia " b.s.

I trade futures on TD Ameritrade .....

The exchanges require enormous capital for shorting Bitcoin on margin, unlike say shorting oil contracts. So, again what platform are you using for shorting BTC ?

bitfinex offer leverage at 1:3. As do hundreds of others......

You claim I can't be shorting, then ask how I am shorting. You don't seem to sure on your rant of insults........ Troll. This really is basic stuff, yet you still don't get it. Another point you don't get..... Every time I short, I stack more coins. So I take my profits, and up my coin positions. That is the whole deal with crypto, sorry you don't get it.

Kankakee

Hundreds ?

My god your using that .... folks look into capital gains even when trading between crypto's and currency as your getting hammered when doing this ...

I didn't realize he was doing this on unregulated platform that can't guarantee your capital, so the advice becomes even more disturbing.. I assumed he might have been wealthy and used tradition platforms for trading future contracts. Like Winklevoss brothers etc, hedge funds who trade futures for shorting or going long with leverage....

And if you use the futures market, indeed it's 40K per contract....

EasyGoing

So I can short then....... So you were wrong............ And continue to be wrong? That is all. Only a troll would try to prove a point off a false accusation. Epic Troll.

Don't forget Tether as a short as well. BTC gold BTC diamond. There was a new tether type coin also....... Like I said, many many other sources for shorts.

Kankakee

Lets talk about your stacking comment, ten feet of track for locomotive thats crashed from $20,000 - $7,800 ... but it got a head of steam ?

Your horrific call just days prior, before it crashed 10% +

Did your $5000.00 clown advisors tell you this .... You got crushed !!!!!!! Buying the dip ..... on leverage Lol'

Kankakee

Good .... your previous post pumping alts 3-6 weeks ago speak volumes in this thread before that FUD market was destroyed let alone BTC calls that are horrible

R

Rubber Chicken

I am actually glad the market has gone down a lot.

I think crypto and blockchain, dapps etc are still going to be largely adopted in some way or an other.... i felt like i might have missed the boat (well, i did on bitcoin) but i feel like there will be some crypto that will still be worth investing in.

I just have to gamble on which ones....

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Kanck, you seem to be the most experienced here in the field. I have a long running discussion with someone on the term shorting. It's my understanding that technically it's being misused by most crypto traders. In the old days, shorting refered to the practice of selling shares that you didn't own, during the day, in the hope of buying them back for less before the close of business that day. Since all contracts were completed at day end. This should be impossible on the crypto markets. So now shorting, must involve borrowing on credit, someone else's coins to sell or placing a bet on the future price, what we used to consider either c.f.d.s/puts, or binary bets depending on your choice (binary bets being the most common due to gambling income being tax free in the UK).
So technically, there is no shorting on crypto, so why is the term being used so inaccurately so commonly? Or what am I missing?

Kankakee

Exactly 100% true .... reason twin brothers teamed with futures market etc for providing liquidity..... or they even sold majority.

And reason I didn't think you could short besides Futures markets. So the fact they are even shorting on other exchanges is a huge warning all in itself. You need $38,000-40,000 in margin acct per contract when shorting using BTC futures... So you wanna short 3 contracts, you must have $120,000 on sidelines.

Last edited:

Kankakee

Pulled from Net/reddit, be safe -

" I just found out I owe IRS $50,000

I make 47K per year at job as office assistant.

At the advice of friend, I took most of my savings and bought 8 bitcoins back in early 2017 for about $7,200. You can imagine how I felt when it went up. Around Dec 2017, I got caught up in the altcoin frenzy and sold most of my bitcoin ( about 120K worth ) to buy a bunch of different coins. I didn't know this back then but it looks like I owe income taxes on those trades, which adds up to 50K if I add up state ( california ) and federal. But with the crash that happened recently, I added up my altcoins and I only have 30K worth. I only have about 5K in other savings.

How do I pay this ? Do I have to sell my alt coins and give what I can ? Or is there a workaround ?

Is all my savings gone now ? I feel like I might have accidentally ruined my life because I didn't know about the taxes .... "

Kankakee

And once they sell 30K in altcoins those will be taxes at same rate.... ^^^^^

This person really, really fucked up and many are in same boat. You pay taxes even when purchasing alt coins with bitcoins etc ....

The tax man will find you no matter the amount traded. And since everything is digital it's easier for them unlike gold or cash ....

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
thanks for explaining the source allowing for credit shorting.

If gains are taxable, losses will be tax deductable. Unless losses come after the turn of a tax year end, a tax bill can't be more than annual profits given tax works on a percentage of gains rather than a flat fee per trade. Be careful come the end of the tax year, and put taxes to one side in fiat, but I'm not concerned by scare fud online.

What I want to know most, is how you earn almost $50k as an office assistant?

Kankakee

Bitcoin now $7,337.50 ....

Laughable that this could ever be used as currency or a business using this for transactions. It's down another $500 in just a few hours ...

Will the global central bankers ever use blockchain, yes .... But BTC is not blockchain and they will hammer BTC towards its longterm trend thats well below $1000.00

Latest posts

Latest posts