What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hurricane knocked out my electric for 5 days, so I harvested the plant under the P3 (with the cube support). I had no choice but to move PYT outside and hand feed her. She's now under the P3, and although shaken, she seems ok.

I sampled the pygmy plant. WOW. I took a sample (IN A GLASS JAR) to a friend at work, she is a bartender . She did not open it! A patron said she smelled cannabis. I played dumb. Alas only 19gms dry

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dry weight of trimmed second plant 61.5gms

Here's a late flower tip (lower pH) I was unaware of

Temperature day/night: 75/64 degrees Fahrenheit
Humidity: 50%
pH level: 5.5
TDS/EC: 0 to 500/0 to 1.0
Lower the EC significantly so you can rid your plants of all the nutrients. Give them only water at the pH level of 5.5 until harvest time. This will help your marijuana taste better once you harvest it. Make sure there is no rot and that there are no pests, as those will be the ultimate destroyer of your plants.

Wait until the little hairs are at 80% brown before you harvest your plants. Your personal taste is going to be what determines the exact time when you harvest your marijuana plants, however. More about harvesting in my article “When to harvest marijuana plants

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back on line after IRMA

PTY is now dumping hormones like crazy, which is typical during this stage of flower. It shows up as a huge jump in pH (5.5 becomes 7.0 overnite!)

If you do not pay close attention, nutes will lock out, and your harvest will suffer

starke

Nice looking buds. Can sympathize with you on Irma. I had to harvest my Hawaiian Snow grow 5 weeks early after five days with no power.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Made up fresh nutes for both PYT and 2 plants under my T5 LEDs

ppm ~ 700

I will probably move the 2 under the T5s to the Amare 250. These 2 have been mostly unloved, but have survived in spite of my lack of attention

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday, I moved the big plant from the t5 LED tent to under the Amare SE 250. She is full of wispy branches, so I surrounded her with a Cube to support them once the buds gain weight

PYTs pistils are rapidly darkening. I cut EC below 1.5 and will begin diluting daily to slowly drop it to ~ 1 EC as well as lowering pH to ~ 5.5, minimizing certain nutrient uptake

View attachment 430944 View attachment 430945

View attachment 430946 View attachment 430947

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FYI, if you buy pumps that feed from the bottom, the rubber feet collapse easily, in effect limiting/cutting off the inflow, which effectively minimizes oxygenating the nutes. simple solution is to place it on something that has a bunch of small holes

PYT is nearing the end. I diluted the nutes to ~ 1 EC this morning, and will dilute daily as a meanings of flushing.

In cse you are unaware, having some nutes in solution does a superior job of flushing than plain water

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it ready yet?

Is it ready yet?

Chef Derek yt video harvest tip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BGEKk4jQhc

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
fellow growers on another site have provided insight to why my roots are so small

as a result I will be making several small changes that could be huge, potentially doubling harvest

One I did yesterday was to make a 1" netpot size hole in the rear of the lid to allow for better air exchange. I would not be using lids except for the pesky mosquitoes that manage to gt in my house and lay their eggs in the totes or rez, which caused me to cover both. However, covering both could lead to humidity building up in the tote

Been dealing with what appears to be a CaMg deficiency, but could be related to unhealthy roots. Over the last few days I added more CaMg and sprayed the leafs with diluted Kelp. It doesn't seem to be getting worse, so...