What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

Dakine

Veteran
Alright so hopefully the leaves are just drooping because of the heat, or are getting used to the hps.. Im going to be transplanting them into bigger pots either tomorrow or in 2 days when I start to flower. Im not sure on what size pots theyre in now, But i thnk its between 3-5gallon sized pots. I have a picture of the difference from the 1-gallon pots I had them in before..

Also what do you guys think I should spray my plants outside with that are flowering? theyve always had bugs eating the leaves and IWas able to keep them controlled by looking under each leaf and wiping them every day. But now their kinda getting out of hand, and are even on some of the sugar trim on the buds.

Dankwolf

I smoke in my grow room all the time lol. And even flick ashes in pottets at times lol . i know i will probably catch greif over this statement but guess what i dont care and will still keep doing it .

Dakine

Veteran
ITs actually kinda funny cause theres alot of guys on here who say that the resaon theyve had none or only a few clones root was because guys didnt wash there hands or where smoking and didnt wash there hands lol..

I was smoking while taking my cuts and putting them into rockwool cubes. Literally a cig being held by thumb and pointer finger and A Clone between my middle and ring finger.

I hope these 2 girls do good in flower.. Next run will be 4-6 clones of them in the tent. Not sure if theyll be the same size as these 2 big girls are when I flower.. BUT I want to try and train/top them like I saw you do your clones DankWolf. That way there bushier and A Nice Canopy.

Last edited:

Dankwolf

I would verify what u have asap and be super carful not to bring them inside nuber 1.

I would verify what u have asap and be super carful not to bring them inside nuber 1.

For mite and other bug but not all bugs . if you verify you have mits i would recommend the 3 day rule . #1 get some blue dawn soap . #2 get a mister or pump sprayer . #3 get some neem oil if you can . for 3 days straight spray dawn soap mixed with water (1 tbs dawn soap per gallon of water). Then for 6 days spray with dawn soap 1tbs a gallon and 1 tbs a gallon neem oil alternating water every other with strait water . the after that spray just water every 3rd day for 9 days . make sure to spray under leafs and grow room with mix. Also spray right at lights out or pull lights up if possible. Clean grow room , all equipment , house , close and keep things clean . you can get rid of them if you have them . get on it soon if its mites .mites have a tendency to get immune to treatments of just one product . u might want to incorperate a preventative maintenance program of spraying neem 1tbs per gallon and dawn soap 1 tbs per gallon (in the same gallon ) every 20 days or so in veg room . flowering room is a bit different . i dont like to use sprays in flower unless absolutely necessary after week 5-6 of flowing . mites breed fast in dry hot weather. I have had them many times ( usually from gifted clones lol ) and got rid of the 100% in 30 days .good luck hope this helped?

I wrote this in another there for indoor but outdoor is the same .

Dakine

Veteran
Man this sucks, they only started getting those bugs in the pic 2 weeks ago. The whole time before that they werent there.. For some reason the SSSDH girl only has a few of them, but the skywalker girl has a bunch. That leaf in the pic is from the Skywalker..

Maybe instead of spraying the skywalker since shes so late in flowering, I should just defoliate her completely?

Dankwolf

I would spray or just cut down . but i dont like bugs they can get out of hand fast . some strians are more suseptable to mites ,thrips bugs in general.

I sprinkel diatomaceous earth out side on my walk ways and once a month on the carpit in houes the vacume up . it kills anything with a exoskeleton even fleas if you have pets . diatomaceous eaarth is fine crushed oyster shells you can sprinkel on to of ypur potters as well for extra bug protection . it dont take much.

Dankwolf

Man this sucks, they only started getting those bugs in the pic 2 weeks ago. The whole time before that they werent there.. For some reason the SSSDH girl only has a few of them, but the skywalker girl has a bunch. That leaf in the pic is from the Skywalker..

Maybe instead of spraying the skywalker since shes so late in flowering, I should just defoliate her completely?

Defoliateing can be help full if it gets out of hand . you can probably get away with just wiping each leaf clean dialy with a damp rag if you really need to save the plant . but just be careful bugs out side are one thing but bugs inside suck . i have lost two runs in a row before to bugs getting out of hand indoor .

Dakine

Veteran
Wouldn't using the crushed oyster shell as a nutrient in my soil mix help keep the bugs away?

Damn so I should be extra careful after wiping the bugs off the leaves and make sure to wash myself before coming back inside near the inside grow

Dankwolf

Wouldn't using the crushed oyster shell as a nutrient in my soil mix help keep the bugs away?

Damn so I should be extra careful after wiping the bugs off the leaves and make sure to wash myself before coming back inside near the inside grow

Yes it is calcium so plants do use alot of it but calcium and magnesium play off eachother to a point so to much of one or the other can throw biology off . i use about a tbs on top of my 2 gallon potters when i get bbugs inside .

When my plant got mites this year out side i would take all my close off and put in plastic bag before coming in the house.then take a shower Seems Extreme but way less extreme then haveing to take down and clean every part of your indoor grow and hole house with a fine toothed come lol. Been there and it sucks i hate cleaning .

Dakine

Veteran
Alright so I thought I should post A Couple of pics up.

SSSDH-Outside Flowering for 1 month and 1 week 1/2..Vegged for like 1 month from seed,shouldve vegged her after topping!!. Topped once, then trained.. Tester. Kinda hard to describe her smell. Burnt rubber mixed with sour fueled fruit kinda smell lol..

Pics of end cola,only took pic of 1 side... I Like her calyx structure though.

Here we have a pic of the Skywalker I also have outside flowering..Shes been through hell and is still going through hell. Hopefully I can reveg or try to take a clone and reveg.. Out of all the skywalkers she is the frostiest and wouldve produced the most if I took care of her. I basically just threw her outside in A small Pot and she was rootbound the entire time.

I seriously need to get my shit together.. There was no point in me growing out testers of the SSSDH and Skywalker since I wasnt able to see there potential at all. Gonna start taking this seriously.

GastroGrower

Another option instead of spraying the plants, make a neem oil/soap emulsion and wipe the undersides of leaves with that as opposed to just water. You can keep from putting it directly on the buds but still benefit from the neem. Take in mind lifecyles for the bugs and apply often enough that you can prevent any eggs from hatching and getting bigger after a spray.

Once you get mites inside it's almost impossible to fully get rid of them. Especially if you keep any mother plants around.

Dankwolf

Another option instead of spraying the plants, make a neem oil/soap emulsion and wipe the undersides of leaves with that as opposed to just water. You can keep from putting it directly on the buds but still benefit from the neem. Take in mind lifecyles for the bugs and apply often enough that you can prevent any eggs from hatching and getting bigger after a spray.

Once you get mites inside it's almost impossible to fully get rid of them. Especially if you keep any mother plants around.

Life cycle is 3 days humidity/tempeture dependent. I like the emulsion wipe down idea gastro.

I have had mites indoor many time due to my geographical location and have got rid of them 100% every time with schedules listed above.

Dakine

Veteran
Alright so I already have blue dawn dish soap. So I think I'm gonna go and grab a small bottle of neem oil. Should I just make a mixture and soak a towel with, and then wipe each leaf and the stems just to make sure? Then after I'm done I think I'm just gonna throw away the towel before going inside.

Oh and that one smallest branch of the 3 main branches on the sssdh girl inside, doesn't seem to be getting better. That one branch is getting more leaves that are drooping. I was thinking about foliar feeding but I don't want to make it worst..

EDIT- So im not sure how I was so wrong But I think the pots are in either 2gallon pots or 2.4gallon pots. Cause I had a bunch of different #3,#4, and much bigger pots. I was able to fit the same size pots I currently have my plants in into the 2.4 gallon pots with VERY LITTLE room on the sides..

I have decided that im going to transplant into #3 sized pots. I was reading through a bunch of threads that said its better to let the plant get rootbound for flower then to have to big of a pot. I really dont want to transplant during mid flower but lets see how this goes...

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
So I transplanted the 2 girls into #3-3gallon pots. The bottoms of the rootballs where rootbound. not so much the tops of the pots to about the middle of the pots. Once they where transplanted I watered each pot with A Little more then 1/2gallon of 5.2ph water that I left out for 24 hours.

Then I watered them with 48Fluid Ounces of Water with A Drop of Molasses in Each container. Then I waited for about 30 minutes, and then fed them with Cal-Mag,Dyna Gow-Grow, and Raw-Potassium.

I also Did A Foliar Spray with just bottled water to clean off any dirt or crap that got on them during transplant. Right now im currently tying them up and apart just a little bit so the girls are centered and the branches are spaced apart to get maximum light, and cleaning the lower small stuff up and taking off any leaves that where damaged from the deficiency I had 1 month ago that never turned back to green..

This is basically what both rootballs looked like.

Do you guys think I should take off all this low growth before the area I topped?

Bushy Girl-#1

3Main Branched tall Girl-#2

Dakine

Veteran
Do I still have to trim some of the fan leaves that arent healing from the droop, and I still gotta clean the bottom of both plants up. I just gotta decide which new/low growth to cut/keep. Any suggestions?

Right now I have the Hps set on 200watts and not 400watts. I wanted to see if it made a difference in the leaves drooping. The Girls Are NOT directly under the Bulb, I also raised the light a little bit, so now the girls are about 13inches away from the bulb. I can raise the light Only up to 20inches higher, then it would basically be touching the top of tent.

#1 Bushy Girl is on the Left now, and #2 Tall Sturdy Girl is on the Right.

#1 Bushy Girl-2 Main Branches from the Topping

#2 Tall&Sturdy Girl-3 Main Branches from an attempted Fim Method

Dankwolf

I would not trim sun leafs unles you need to because of bugs or mold . all leafs come in handy so you can see deficiency s coming and for the plant to use should you miss feed plant and they are vital for photosynthesis.

Some times if plants are going to be packed in tight its best to trim lower leafs for air movement and to prevent mold on leafs 2ith out light .

Transplanting was a good idea root bound plants are not good unless you want to have to water every 6 or 12 hours . i dont know where you read root bound is good but unless you are vary good about nutes and feeding root bound is a disaster . big potters gice a buffer for srewups like doseing npks forgeting a watering .

Leaf droping might be becuse of being root bound if so you can check plants a hour after lights on and every 30 min after that and note when the leafs start tp droop . if they are droping before 9 to 10 hours of light they are probaly root bound.

Leaf drooping might be due to to much water. At once and drowned out roots cuase what little room that was not occupied by roots and soul was full of water ( roots need air (oxygen) i like for my watering to be just enough to last 2 days at grow room temp 72 to 80 if not roots will not get o2 that they need for growth and micros need to process npks for plant.

When plants hit the 5 or 6th week of flower i water them once a day in the morning . if your wating a week to water or like 4 days the potter is to big or you over watered.

I would trip up lower growth for sure it will speed up growth of tops . they are just using up good resources.

Wiping down out side plants with blue dawn soap at 1 tbs a gallon works for most bugs .do it right before dark if you can . neam and dawn works better but you can start with just the soap.

Y

Dankwolf

10 bucks for peice of mind and to help dial in your room.

10 bucks for peice of mind and to help dial in your room.

Have ypu checked you canopy/grow room temps ?

With bigger lights comes more issues . the cheap wallyworld home supply store temp/humidity meters are a vary usel full tool to have when seting up a new room / or light .

Dankwolf

I am looking forwared to Your new grow setup and how the genetics play out now . i bet you willbe vary happy. A 400w hps was my first big light it was a learning curve compered to my cfls i started with but its a fun exciting day getting a new bigger light .

Is this your fist i door hid light grow ? I cant remember