What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Manzinita Patch - Cream

Sourbear

Cream
Got lazy this year and never got the external cages in place for my ladies.
They only got internal cages, heavy silica supplementing is the key to no snapped branches.
Gangly pile of colas when I don't put up the external cage
CtUSVdT.jpg

ZTPDUtz.jpg

Last edited:

jtk707

Would you grow the caboose strain again . I was thinking about grabbing some caboose seeds. Thanks for all the info . Garden looks great

Sourbear

Would you grow the caboose strain again . I was thinking about grabbing some caboose seeds. Thanks for all the info . Garden looks great

Hey there JTK thanks for stopping in!

Absolutely I would grow the caboose strain again.
the 8 beans I popped had some unique genetics, I took clones of all of the ladies.

4 of the girls where SCBB dominate, short stocky plants with brilliant red and dark purple hues. All with water bottle or soda can sized nugs.
3 of the girls where very train-wreck dominate/esque with just bigger top colas and nugs than your normal TW.
Much taller plants, little more node spacing and only hints of purple hidden around the flowers instead of a shitload of purple and dark red.

And 1 of the girls is basically a black/purple trainwreck plant. It doesn't have the big bud building genetic but she has some beautiful dark purple almost black colors, grows like most trainwreck crosses I have seen.

I'm keeping two of the genetics to propagate for future use and breeding.
I would suggest her for indoor scrog/sog candidate if you pop the big nug pheno/genetic
I'm going to do some outdoor caboose plants next year, veg them a bit more than I did this year get another foot or two out of them
Also going to run some caboose plants in my 4x8 tent, test out the big nug pheno i got on a scrog setup in some organic super soil
The only issue with these plants is their inner growth and tenancies to bush up
They need to be cleaned up and taken care of for proper breathing, they turn into jungles
Their stocks are all incredible, they don't need cages, they hold up to the 35mph gusts like no other strain i've popped out here

jtk707

Thanks for the details . I like train wreck and salmon crek big bud . Im in lake county . Your area looks just like mine . Good luck with harvest . Peace

Sourbear

Thanks for the details . I like train wreck and salmon crek big bud . Im in lake county . Your area looks just like mine . Good luck with harvest . Peace

Glad to provide some details for anyone interested in it!
There was not a whole lot of information out there about Caboose. Shes full of beautiful aromas

I'm a huge fan of trainwreck, its what I grew up on basically.
And after doing some pretty in depth research into Mr. Hill, I found his selections to be quite endearing.
Between his chunk/haze/scbb you can't really go wrong

I visit lake county twice a year for bass fishing =p
Hit up dirty ol' clear lake for them lunkers with my dad/brother
I'm not to far from ya
You planning on buying some GH seeds yourself or does some one have a cut near you?

Sourbear

I'm going for some gh fem seeds . Nice harvest pics . Congrats

Sweet, if you don't get any genetics worth while I will have 2 or 3 of my good phenos propagated for the next 5-6 years. If you want to get a cutting or trade or something.

I'm going to try and mix the caboose plant with some cream, I think I could get a rather awesome combo with them.

Sourbear

More Caboose Macro Shots
fMIbGkN.jpg

6yhZrkf.jpg

WGMauTL.jpg

LhJ6Lj0.jpg

This is one of the 8 plants that got cut down, she had some yellowing on the bud and sugar leaves I didn't like.

QxiyZma.jpg

Sourbear

Hey everyone, updating the thread with this years progress.
I apologize for not documenting and sharing anything from last years grow...
I've been going through some heavy convoluted shit with my EX
Found out last September that she was cheating on me
3 years down the drain......damn near committed suicide on a few occasions

So needless to say I grew some plants last season but doing anything more than growing them felt like a hassle. Documenting the process just didnt seem appealing to me in so much pain.

This year im back in the manzanita patch. 14 clones of the Cream strain that i've grown on this thread before. Clones where about 22 inches tall when they where transplanted outdoors, most of them are about 6ft tall right now. Not the biggest or tallest plants I wanted but this is what I got and im making the best of it.

Sorry for not keeping up with my grows/threads im just... overwhelmed....
Being cheated on and dealing with all of the pain and heartache is way tougher than I ever would have imagined....

2QlIoM9.jpg

rPYNlBa.jpg

zKLgIY0.jpg

This year I decided to throw the plants up on pallets so moving the bags full of soil with the tractor would be easier.

CowboyTed

Sorry for not keeping up with my grows/threads im just... overwhelmed....
Being cheated on and dealing with all of the pain and heartache is way tougher than I ever would have imagined....

This year I decided to throw the plants up on pallets so moving the bags full of soil with the tractor would be easier.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Stay strong, and the pain will pass, if slowly. It might help to keep your mind focused on the grow, to try to push the pain into the back of your mind.

I like the idea of growing on pallets. I think I'll do that next year, so I can bring any stragglers inside to finish, if severe cold threatens.

I wish I had a Manzanita patch in my back yard! I like to make tobacco pipes, and Manzanita root was used to make pipes during the world wars, when manufacturers couldn't get briar from the Mediterranean.

CowboyTed

If it makes you feel any better about the time it takes to document your grows, I should tell you that this thread has been a real inspiration to a new grower. I'm enjoying my first grow, and I'm just loving watching the colas develop for the first time.

Next year, I'll be ready with some well-vegged plants to go outside in June.

Here are some of the pipes I mentioned:

The first two are Russian Olive burl, as are the small bowl and pipe tamper.

The third photo is a collection of pot pipes and a bong I've made. Somehow, to a tobacco pipe smoker, little glass pot pipes just don't feel right.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sourbear

If it makes you feel any better about the time it takes to document your grows, I should tell you that this thread has been a real inspiration to a new grower. I'm enjoying my first grow, and I'm just loving watching the colas develop for the first time.

Next year, I'll be ready with some well-vegged plants to go outside in June.

Thanks for the compliment man. It feels good to inspire people to grow!

Last edited:

Sourbear

On a side note: around august 1st(usually the start of stretch for my plot) I threw some seeds into one of my empty pots just for a "what the hell why not". The seeds I had where from a Candy Kush X Bubba Kush mix I had in my plot in 2012. Out of all the seeds i put in the pot; 2 seeds showed the most vigor and i kept them. One was a male and one was a female. To my amazement in less than a month the fuckers where over 10ft tall.... it was a blatant and stark reminder to me of how important seed plants can be and how much deviation can happen when you clone and mother and clone and mother over and over again. The female smells of sweeeeeeeeet pineapple, and the male polinated her as well as all of my cream plants. I'm probably going to harvest as many seeds as I can from her and then make shatter with the rest of her. The male polinated...every...inch of her buds lol.... I don't mind though, there are so many seeds....Here is what they look like together!
qMj9sdW.jpg

I have no experience what so ever with letting a male grow into fruition, i've always pulled them from my plot before the pollen sacks had a chance to spit anything out.
So I figured I could let the male stay and pollinate the female kush, and I didn't think anything would happen to my Cream plants seeing as they where already a month or so into veg.
BOY was I WRONG
Its not so bad though, an accident turned into a good thing. Every single one of my cream plants had seeds in the colas.
During the winter im going to pop these Cream + Kush seeds and grow them in my 4x8 tent looking for a winner to go outdoors next year ;p I'm so fucking excited.
GAfHdta.jpg

Last edited:

Sourbear

DscBMML.jpg

w0SnonW.jpg

I finally got around to popping the Cream X Kush seeds that I made last year. I don't think I have ever been this excited about a genetic prospect for my garden. I really hope the cream genetics stay more prevalent.

The "kush" seeds came from 2012, I mixed Bubba Kush X Candy Kush. The Bubba was not the 98 strain, but still good in its own rights. And the Candy Kush was the cleanest and best tasting flower I have ever had next to Strawberry G13.

I'm expecting some genetic power houses from mixing these strains.

After these darlings get big enough I'm going to clone them and SCROG out the clones in my 4x8 tent.

Sourbear

Out of the 11 beans that I popped, 7 of them are all progressing at the same growth rate. The other 4 seem to be a bit slower and stunted compared to the rest.

8BjwBKk.jpg

wS3lt3t.jpg