Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Contests > The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Thread Title Search
Check out the excellent cannabis genetics at Barney's Farm!
Thread Closed
The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011 Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 02:43 AM #21
GP73LPC
Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/Bean Gatherer

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelderDan View Post
Besides that, I usually do hydro, so I'm gonna have to change methods. Ain't no way in hell I can run a 16 oz res!

that's the same boat i would be in...

Old 09-11-2011, 02:47 AM #22
vonforne

This is all for fun. We should get some good laughs out of this and see some great ideas on how to go small.

It does not matter what size the plant is but how it looks in the end.

V

Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 AM #23
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73LPC View Post
that's the same boat i would be in...
So? It's good to jump outside your comfort zone once in a while. It makes you think outside the box. Besides, what do you have to lose? A few seeds? Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.

I expect a couple males at least. Gonna freeze any pollen for future projects. Thinking outside the box already...

Cherry Bomb x C99

"To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of Bullshit."

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Old 09-11-2011, 03:00 AM #25
turtle farmer

this is gonna be a blast,I haven't cracked beans in many moons...
I want to see some genius methods for propping them upright...
on deck;Blue Dream X SuperSilverSourDieselHaze,a gift from Greenlion...(where are you buddy,Good Karma Harvest Cup Nov.27,hope we see you)....and from BM-504,we have
Sour D 1.5 X Wonder Diesel----Sour D 1.5 X ChemDawg DD----ArcataTrainwreck X Wonder Diesel.....you to BM,harvest cup,possible hash bash.!!!
good luck to all

Old 09-11-2011, 03:06 AM #26
vonforne

Ya I have a bunch of crosses I have had for years........I think I will bust them out. They are just sitting and I have no plans or room for a full grow.

I have some ideas and some methods for keeping the plants looking good. I used to mess around with different size containers years ago.

V

Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 AM #27
GP73LPC

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
Quote:
So? It's good to jump outside your comfort zone once in a while. It makes you think outside the box. Besides, what do you have to lose? A few seeds? Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.

I expect a couple males at least. Gonna freeze any pollen for future projects. Thinking outside the box already...
couldn't agree more, wasn't afraid of trying a new medium, just that it would be new

Old 09-11-2011, 03:21 AM #28
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

Maj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant future
Quote:
Don't say that! It's the people that only buy 1 ticket that win the lottery.

Besides that, I usually do hydro, so I'm gonna have to change methods. Ain't no way in hell I can run a 16 oz res!
I do not see anything in the rules about res size. You could have a 5 gallon res you just have to keep the roots in the cup.

Please correct me if I am wrong but a person could hook a 16 oz party cup to drain to a res and top feed it as long as the roots stay inside the 16 oz cup.

I am down for a challenge, this is great timing for me. Now I just have to choose the seeds.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:30 AM #29
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73LPC View Post
couldn't agree more, wasn't afraid of trying a new medium, just that it would be new
I wasn't implying you were scared, just trying to get you to jump in the boat too!

Cherry Bomb x C99

"To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of Bullshit."

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Old 09-11-2011, 03:37 AM #30
GP73LPC

Quote:
I wasn't implying you were scared, just trying to get you to jump in the boat too!
would love to jump in the boat, but my current situation will not allow it

but in the future, look out, lol !!!

can you really use a 5 gallon rez with a 16 oz cup as long as the roots stay in the cup?

i am guessing root pruning is allowed

Thread Closed