What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NO ONE else has COLAS THIS BIG!!!

G

AK47, 2003 HighTimes "strain of the year" 5 weeks in.
i think you all should know that is a "gallon" size JUG this plant actualy split the stem its so heavy.

OG Kush "bagseed" i got from a Hollywood MJ dispensary. 5 weeks in flower 4 weeks from germ to flip.

id like to see other Large Colas post pics!

G

:chin: :chin: :chin:

could you possibly have a light leak, heat problem, or messed up the light schedule.. Cause to me it looks more like 'runnery buds' than huge thick colas..

G

sog army said:
:chin: :chin: :chin:

could you possibly have a light leak, heat problem, or messed up the light schedule.. Cause to me it looks more like 'runnery buds' than huge thick colas..

That's just what I was thinking, looks just like heat stress. They are awful fluffy lookin. And leafy. Especially for 5 weeks. I think some investigation is in order dude. Hope ya get it all fixed up.

beancounter

Veteran
Definately looks a lil heat/light stressed to me..

And even if they were solid I've seen bigger, soquick comes to mind..

Here's my AK47 right before I chopped her.. grown in soiless in a 7 gallon pot.. in the 1st pic compare the cola to the pot :wink:

G

funny stuff guys. 5 weeks is when it STARTS to fill in.... so why would you expect it to be full already??? so what... it can do nothing for 4 more weeks?

its heatstess/strech problem... they growing into the light with nothing i ca do. yea i should have choped/magled and toped but thats old. the ak was actualy a mother i flowered..

strech problem.

i had a big crowding problem also. i was away for x-mas weekend and removed 2 plants assoon as i got back harvested 2 lbs of wet weed, should dry into a solid 10oz. temps should go down, hopefully

romulan 10 weeks

odin_

Those buds are big, but very leafy. That, that you cut, does not look like 10 ounces imo. 2 pounds wet is maybe a half pound dry. Your buds look nice, but they are a bit gangly at this point to be bragging.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
you shouldnt brag so much about those colas.

i think you have some problems there :

1. too small pots

2. the rockwool cubes are black from the mold

3. you should take the plastic of those cubes.

4. and yeah, i have seen buds way bigger than that

the good thing is you grow organic.

vegged 10 days

Last edited:
J

James-Bong

"no one has Cola's this big"

Ummmmm.... i think u need to take that up with SoQuick

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
James-Bong said:
"no one has Cola's this big"

Ummmmm.... i think u need to take that up with SoQuick

well, about that pic i can also say something, i have seen it before. if you look well you can see it is not 1 cola, he is pushing the branches together.

guineapig

Veteran
unsupported colas of AK and AK hybrids can easily topple over, especially around
wheek 6-7.....so watch those colas everyone!!!

:ying: kind regards from the guineapig :ying:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Tough crowd eh ZEROKOOL :biglaugh:

Gotta bring the A-game to ICMAG........ :D

Speaking of huge colas...bonzo had a pretty big one here....IMO

2814DSCF5153.JPG

I'm suffering from Cola envy...damn.... :D

G

you guys are awsome.!!!!
yea ive got some faults. black alge, strech heat, vent probs ...
thats why i posted, so i could improve myself.
i also wanted to see other pics of super-massive colas.
i never seen pics of the really large ones and was hoping this thread would start a frenzy of super-phat colas!!
i love the one with the dude hiding in the plant! thats classic!

MOPPEL said:
you shouldnt brag so much about those colas.

i think you have some problems there :

1. too small pots
thoes are 5 gal buckets with netpots how bigger can i go? the whole bucket is full of roots..my next crop will be in a bed of grow-dan minicubes with 4" on top

MOPPEL said:
2. the rockwool cubes are black from the mold
your right, its a problem.
MOPPEL said:
3. you should take the plastic of those cubes.
why?

lets see some more super-massive colas!!

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
ok, the pots are ok then.

If you take the plastic of and put them in the medium totally, the roots can come out there also , and that will make your plant standing a lot more stable in the pot.

G

Moppel said:
ok, the pots are ok then.

If you take the plastic of and put them in the medium totally, the roots can come out there also , and that will make your plant standing a lot more stable in the pot.
thanks for the support/help
i used to grow but i took a long break, as i had no "safe place" or safe enough for me...but now im back!
first crop in years...
AN line has treated me well, i use alot more organics then most, but beef up my juice with some chemicals.
im running the complete 2+ program with organics addins
no res-floaties..

spider-mite problem to add to the fun..

a master-kush

Sparkling

Sorry if this is way outta left field and off topic but.............won't those lady bugs eat the plants? or burst trichomes climbing around?

G

they dont eat plants. they eat small bugs such as aphids thrips and mites, although mites are less desireable...
thats a positive maybe on the tricombe thing.. i dont know, but the mites are worse then some tricombe loss..
...i dont spray chemicals into flowering rooms.

beancounter

Veteran
Zero, that's some cool pics of the ladybugs getting released and going after the mites, i like it..

I didn't realize u were in DWC, I realize the plants can foxtail out like that from the crazy rapid growth then fill in later .. It's just the only time you really see that in soil/medium at that stage is from heat/light stress, and it usualy doesn't fill in too much more from this stage, specialy for fast flowering AK47..

Plus, everyone here's probly seen 100s of AK47 flower shots, and u must admit, the colas rarely ever look like that...

I do look forward to seeing em finished.. and yeah, definately no need for those plastic linings once u put the rockwol in it's final place.. I'm pretty sure they're only there to hold moisture during cloning and while in your cloning section.. But personaly i take them off right away even when cloning cause i like the medium to dry out as many time and as fast as possible.. But if i grew for production and was doing tons of clones i'd leave em..

have fun watching those feckers fill in.

Last edited: