What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help to choose equipment

Pippone69

Hello everyone, I'm going to buy a new equipment to grow indoors (now I have a self-built growbox of wood and cfl lights of the supermarket .. lol) to start doing things seriously and learn something more, now that I have money and a small dose of knowledge.
I want to grow seedlings in a short time (possibly 1 month veg and 1 month bloom), aiming exclusively at saving in the bill, even if this will affect the yield. Therefore I am willing to make a small initial investment to save money in the future.
I ask you for advice on what to buy, since browsing through the forum I have seen many conflicting opinions and I feel insecure.
I need:
- Grow tent 60cmx60cm: I thought about this size because otherwise I would go to consume too many watts and then the bill cost would be too high. I'm going to put 4 9-10 L pots if possible, otherwise I'm all ears.
- Light: this is the part where I'm most undecided. The CFL inspires me for low consumption but not for low yield, so I do not know if i should get it. On HID I have not yet managed to find a good comparison on their consumption compared to CFL, but I imagine it is very high, and therefore unfortunately I would rather avoid (considering also the additional expense of the ballast). The LEDs inspire me a lot, but I am ignorant on the subject, I entrust myself to you!
- Reflector: I ask you also in this case, if necessary.
- Extractor: here I have a question, does it make sense to use an extractor without letting it out of the window? It's something that I would like to avoid because I still have neighbors around the house .. at most I could keep it out only for a part of the day, but I do not know how to prevent the insects from entering the house.

The budget is about 250 euros, I do not know if you can pull out something good with this money, in case I can increase a bit if necessary.

Thank you in advance for your availability, I am open to any advice.

G

ganjygav

How many Watts are you using of cfl?
In that size tent you could use a 250w hps and it would give you better yields than a 250cfl.

green404

250 euros is not a lot for equipment. You will probably have to go bargain shopping on that budget.

Not sure about the legal situation where you live. Here in Colorado it is leagal so we can find used stuff on craigslist and get cheap consumables(bulbs,nutes,ect) on Amazon

Granger2

Veteran
If you only flower for a month you will have immature bud. Bloom period is genetically determined. Usually 8 week min. Good luck. -granger

Pippone69

Thanks everyone for the replies and sorry for my bad english. I live in europe, and i want to buy only new equipment so it can last longer. I will increase my budget so. I will buy a Secret Jardin Hydroshoot 80x80x160cm if you think it's a great choice. I think i'll go for a LED panel, because HID lamps are very expensive on electrical bill and CFL lamps are not great for that available space. Can you suggest me a good one which can provide me all the light required for vegetative and flowering stage? My goal is to get around 100 grams of bud per cycle.
Can you suggest me an air extractor too?

Thank you again for your tips.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Thanks everyone for the replies and sorry for my bad english. I live in europe, and i want to buy only new equipment so it can last longer. I will increase my budget so. I will buy a Secret Jardin Hydroshoot 80x80x160cm if you think it's a great choice. I think i'll go for a LED panel, because HID lamps are very expensive on electrical bill and CFL lamps are not great for that available space. Can you suggest me a good one which can provide me all the light required for vegetative and flowering stage? My goal is to get around 100 grams of bud per cycle.
Can you suggest me an air extractor too?

Thank you again for your tips.

If DIY is not your thing, HLG, Spider Farmer, Mars Hydro,for LED lighting is a bit more friendly on the wallet than some.

Spider Farmer has Mean Well drivers and Samsung diodes so that's what I went with.

I have Vortex in line fans that are still running after 10 years. So I recommend those if they fit your budget.

I cool 2 4'x4' tents with one 6 in fan. I would think you could cool your tent with one 4inch.

Latest posts

Latest posts