What's new

Epsom salts PK Boosters

Athos

Any of you use epsom salts? I have a plant in flower and I wonder how much should I use, be it gr per liter (or gallon) or EC/PPM wise. My tap water is really soft (0.04 EC / 20 PPM).

Second, normally I use bloom nutes only after the soil is starting to become depleted. Recently I have got my hands on a PK booster with NPK of (5-32-40), when should I use this and how much of it (EC / PPM values)?

Easy7

Veteran
5-32-40 is potent stuff, so not much needed.

As for epsom, I just top dressed blueberries that needed some mg. For blueberries or tomatoes, 1 tablespoon per foot of plant once a month. Given no other sources of magnesium.

As for tds or ec values that would take some reading. I like to go less slightly. Messing stuff up is harder to fix, than slightly less

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Any of you use epsom salts? I have a plant in flower and I wonder how much should I use, be it gr per liter (or gallon) or EC/PPM wise. My tap water is really soft (0.04 EC / 20 PPM).

Second, normally I use bloom nutes only after the soil is starting to become depleted. Recently I have got my hands on a PK booster with NPK of (5-32-40), when should I use this and how much of it (EC / PPM values)?
it is better to feed more often than use high strength chit :) That NPK booster is designed for normal gardening (ground) not container growing.

Easy7

Veteran
Quick reading on a
Flower Fuel 1-34-32

Well they say 1.25 grams per gallon for hydro. So Try a half gram per gallon of water, then adjust ever so little at a time. If you start to get leaf tip burn, then you have a good idea.

I stay away from over powering chems myself. They are really good for hydro, or large cheap grows where fert cost is a major issue. The problem is each bit of water needs ph adjusted, compared to just letting organics do there job.