What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Withdrawal

covert

I have been using cannabis on and off most of my adult life but have had decade long breaks. I got back into it around August last year and it started with weekly vapes and got to the stage where I was smoking 2-3 times daily up until last week.

That's the most I have ever had in my life. Months of 3-4 days daily vaping. I've had very mild irritability and cravings when I stopped for the one or two days that I was for work reasons.

I decided to stop because I was finding that I was having to vape ever larger amounts to get the effects I was after. Last week I had whole buds on 3 occasions in one day.

Anyway today is day 4 of withdrawal and my symptoms were at a peak this morning. They start mainly yesterday with headache of a tension type that migrated round the head and was mainly above and around the eyes. I have had 2 nights of insomnia and last night barely slept 3 hours.

I woke with the ongoing headache in temples and forehead and a feeling of numbness and tingling in feet to the point I was fearing I had some other sort of disease but I am medically very well.

The headache feels like a hangover and doesn't respond to caffeine or tylenol really. I'm not sensitive to light.

I really can't believe this is cannabis withdrawal. I'm loathe at this point to have a bowl because I really want to clear it out of my system but I know that would definitely help work out whether it's withdrawal.

I'm drinking water and consuming calories and feel things are clearing now but the last 2 days have been terrible. Slight nauseous feelings at food and complete lack on any enjoyment of life and ordinary things.

I'm probably going to take this through another 2-3 days and from there on go back to microdosing like I was when I started in August last year. I'm surprised at the physical withdrawal I appear to be having. I thought maybe it's a viral pre-syndrome but it's pretty static and aside from the headache and mood being down there's not much more.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hope you don't ever have to indure opiate/opioid withdrawal... I am battling that off and on right now, not am abuse or street habit but I am battling coming off the opiates my Pain Management prescribes me. I tend to run out sooner every month and always fall straight into withdrawal within 4 hours after my last dose.... Body Aches, chills, anxiety, diharea, cold sweats, runny nose, vomiting etc.... Like a bad case of the flu with extreme anxiety and restless legs.

I use Kratom and weed to help with them... it helps tremendously. I wanna switch to full cannabis use only to manage my Pain and that is my goal eventually.

But honestly when I run out of weed which is very rare as I grow more than enough or when I go without smoking the only two things I feel is... that I am not high anymore and maybe some very slight sleep difficulty and barely noticeable irritability.

Hope you get it all figured out and feel better.

shithawk420

Veteran
I agree with everything you said trout,but smoking 3 times a day isn't shit.he's either very malnourished or a hypochondriac.I used to smoke a quarter a day and never seen anyone "withdraw"from weed.my 60 year old diabetic uncle smokes about 10 joints a day literally.and he was a respirtory thearapist.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I can quite honestly say that I have never experienced any withdrawals (jonesing) from using cannabis...

For sure I have been in situations where I have not had cannabis when I wanted or needed it, but all I got from that was disappointment, and I know what withdrawals are about from opium because I used opium for 6 months on the Thai/Burmese border back in the 80's, and coming back to reality from that was 4 days of sweaty hell.

This idea of being addicted to cannabis just does not compute with me, simply because I can take it or leave it with only perhaps a feeling of disappointment if its not around and at times throughout the last 42 years of my cannabis use I have been a fairly heavy cannabis user but never, ever, experienced anything remotely close to proper withdrawal symptoms as you would get with opiates.

What the threadstarter describes is more like my withdrawal experience with opiates and not cannabis .....no weed, you might get a bit sad, no opium and you are literally climbing the walls.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
That's what I was saying Gypsy.I just got out of the hospital for alcohol detox and it can be even worse than opiate withdrawal.I just find it offensive when these hypochondriacs make these claims.you wanna see real withdrawal go to a methadone clinic.

I guess that we all have different metabolisms, so perhaps some of us are more sensitive to quitting cannabis than others and so some withdrawral symptoms from cannabis might be experienced....by a few.

I think perhaps it is more of a psychosematic withdrawral from cannabis that some people experience if anything......hence the feeling of dissapointment I experienced......

shithawk420

Veteran
I agree.sorry for being blunt.there is definitely mental withdrawal.I just don't believe it's physical unless you smoke like a chimney.lol

Brother Nature

I haven't smoked for a good three weeks, mainly due to how dry it is here and the fact I won't smoke schwag. I've certainly not experienced anything like you're explaining. If you're saying you're a healthy person, I believe you should get a second opinion on that, maybe go to a new doctor and get a physical.

I don't want to jump down your throat, but to people who've gone through significant withdrawals, like those from opiates and other drugs, your comments come across as a little offensive. I've known people who nearly died from Alcohol detox and it is something you can die from. You're symptoms sound like someone who is simply unhealthy or has a poor diet and doesn't exercise.

Perhaps there is a psychological aspect to some peoples cannabis use/abuse but physical withdrawal symptoms aren't something that is associated with cannabis, especially with the amount you've been smoking. I was rocking a half o a week prior to my recent dry spell and the only thing I experienced was a couple days of irritability.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have used cannabis for over 40 years and lately I have taken a little break, sometimes I still vape all day then for a couple I don't vape anything, and were are talking my #1 rosin, The only difference I feel is some days I don't feel the effects of cannabis, the days i don't vape. I have never had any withdrawal effects...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This can't be serious.your describing alcohol and or opiate withdrawal.I just got of the hospital for alcohol detox and if your trolling fuck you.unless your using toxic nutes for your weed your full of shit.cold sweats!lol

Hey Shithawk,,,,
hope your feeling better buddy,,,
all the very best ,,,
have to agree,,dude sounds like its some sort of opiate withdrawl
as in my 54yrs i have never experienced what the op is,,,
whenever i have had a little break.. albeit only organic cannabis unless nutes are really heavy metals i am at loss,,,,,s2:tiphat:

Easy7

Veteran
Nicotine withdrawal is the worse, for me. Followed by alcohol. Never used opiates steady enough for withdrawal. Kratom withdrawal was short.

Cannabis lke any substance induces a feeling of well being. So it can be hard for sure to be used to an easy form of well being. Lot's of people benefit from hard work. I sleep well after a day of cleaning barn.

So find other sources to feel well. Cannabis isn't the only source of well being. Nobody want to go to bed unhappy. Some people gotta get laid to go to bed happily. Others gotta blaze. Some even need a drink. I use scullcap, not every night.

You won't get the shakes from cannabis. You won't vomit and get the shits. No dope flu. If you are busy you likely will forget until you 'want to chill'. So try meditation to chill and relax.

troutman

Seed Whore
I guess that we all have different metabolisms, so perhaps some of us are more sensitive to quitting cannabis than others and so some withdrawral symptoms from cannabis might be experienced....by a few.

I think perhaps it is more of a psychosematic withdrawral from cannabis that some people experience if anything......hence the feeling of dissapointment I experienced......

The fancy scientific word which means we all react a little differently is Idiosyncrasy. :tiphat:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiosyncrasy

Kaskadian

Veteran
OP, your symptoms sound exactly the way I feel when I'm going through nicotine withdrawal (headaches, irritable, etc). Do you smoke (cigarettes), or use anything containing nicotine? My cousin in Germany thought he was having cannabis withdrawal until I pointed out that he's mixing tobacco in every single spliff he smokes and he had developed a minor nicotine addiction after months of daily smoking (nicotine).

I know you mentioned you’re vaping, I'm not suggesting you're smoking "spliffs", but it doesn't sound like anything I've come across before with cannabis. Each person is different and will respond differently, but I'm not sure your symptoms are related to cannabis.

All that being said try to eat healthy, drink lots of water, avoid junk food/excessive alcohol, and get exercise daily if you're able too. I'm not trying to preach but taking good physical care of yourself makes a lot of things easier. I hope you feel better!

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
OP, your symptoms sound exactly the way I feel when I'm going through nicotine withdrawal (headaches, irritable, etc). Do you smoke (cigarettes), or use anything containing nicotine? My cousin in Germany thought he was having cannabis withdrawal until I pointed out that he's mixing tobacco in every single spliff he smokes and he had developed a minor nicotine addiction after months of daily smoking (nicotine).
This is seriously good information.

OP says homegrown. Truth is, most homegrown is pretty poor quality. Add any of a number of additives, pesticides, organic oils or whatever and you can be coming down from a mix of things. Most growers still don't know how much of a sponge cannabis is, and how little a flush/fade touches what it's accumulated. ;)

There are no withdrawals from cannabis, there are the resurgence of 'issues' cannabis was alleviating.
:tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Cannabis stays in your blood far too long to produce withdrawal symptoms.
I was bonging through half oz a day for a good few years before I had a little holiday at her majesty’s pleasure... stopped cold for 9 months,there was hash and weed available.. didn’t want to risk the piss tests so I said no... no withdrawals.
(I do smoke far less these day as I have a family, but I’ve still never experienced any symptoms when I don’t smoke... just get a little bored!)

Spaventa

Veteran
Cannabis improves your health. It has more benefits than I have time to list but you can quickly find overwhelming evidence that the 400 plus compounds in cannabis include anti inflammatories, anti fungals, bronchial dilators, pain relievers, anti depressant and many many more things that treat conditions we suffer from but never address. When we get used to not suffering from these conditions, stopping the medication will result in us feeling worse, not because we miss the buzz, because we need the medicine.

Latest posts

Latest posts