What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hey Dubi, thanks for the kind words. I was able to get more nutrients today. I did some cleaning in the greenhouse today. Night time temperatures are expected to be around freezing. To early for that shit, 50's I can handle. Have a great week my friends. Peace MedDakotabis

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I have found that Lebanese Red will flower and mature very early here in the PNW (in mid to late bloom about now). They will naturally defoliate the fan leaves in mid bloom as well. People think that they are starved for nutes or whatever, but no amount of ferts will revert the fan leaf defoliation process. It is the same in Lebanon, where they stop watering early and the fan leaves all turn yellow and fall off leaving long colas with some sugar leaves. Some people think that the growers in Lebanon manually pluck acres and acres of fan leaves seeing photos and videos of Leb Red in the fields there, but that is not the case.

As for any intentional selection for flower structure, bloom times, etc. in Lebanon? I have it from some Lebanese buddies that I went to college with who say that simply is not the case. They do not select males or females with specific traits for future planting. They sift the dry plants as a lot when making hashish, and they store the sifted seeds for future planting. They sow the seeds out in the fields in the following spring, and the next generation germinates. It is all very large scale, and has been that way for at least a century there. The plants are allowed to breed and mature on a large scale all on their own and that sift/hash making process has resulted in the landrace that exists in the Bekka Valley today.

Thanks for sharing! beautiful!

:tiphat:

I know lebanese culture and you just nailed it. They're pragmatic… why work for no reason.

I have inspected her thoroughly today, cannot stand grasshopper so I kinda combed her like a child. Her beautiful smell deepens and deepens with more full aroma, deep note is dates + ripe mango now. Really delicate kind of pheno. Don't remember my fingers getting sticky as fly traps either two days ago… and the buds look lovely healthy.

The experience alone justifies it, the joy of growing her is already a prize. Need to set up a photoshoot with good light because looks like a "martian pheno" and deserves it :biggrin:

I've started to add a pinch of epsom with my RO anyway… I just realized after MJPassion post I wasn't mixing it at all with tap!

Farmerlion: Wish you the best! These girls know how to be quick! and in Lebanon there's cold too I guess!

OregonBorn

BTW: I smoke more Lebanese bud than any other that I have grown, from over 20 strains in my current collection. Good natural even high. I love this stuff. I have enough seeds to grow it every year. It blooms so early I never have any rot, and I am done harvesting outdoors by October 1. The bud does not need to be made into hashish, as it is fine as it is. Its potent enough. However, I can only have a pound and a half of weed on hand in this state (legally). I can also have a pound of hashish :dance013:. I am building a hash tumbler now so I can condense my harvested Lebanese bud into a more compact form. Home grown made into sifted and pressed Lebanese hashish. A dream come true.

Oh and yes, it snows in Lebanon. The Bekaa (or Beqaa) Valley is between 3,000 and 4,000 ft in elevation. It gets down to the 30s at night there between November and March and they can get frost or a good snow dump there in the winter months. Like California, it rarely rains there between May and October. The Bekaa Valley is also known for its vineyards and wine.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Good processed hash from self-grown lebanese must be a blast...

Deep creamy dates + mango aroma! :yummy:

OregonBorn: BHO can be even less in volume...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Dubi, thanks for the kind words. I was able to get more nutrients today. I did some cleaning in the greenhouse today. Night time temperatures are expected to be around freezing. To early for that shit, 50's I can handle. Have a great week my friends. Peace MedDakotabis

Most of the cannabis I've grown has handled temps as low as 23F for a couple hours. Those were heavy BLD with thick waxy leaves.

Also, to prevent your plants from freezing in those low low temps, Water with 70 - 75 degree water previous to or right at sundown. I'm not sure how this would work in a GH though as I've only used this method outdoors.

In the future, you may consider getting hold of some of those bed heating cables that you can bury a few inches deep in your potting beds.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I think these have better detail.

Plant is greener than in pictures, late afternoon light.

picture.php

picture.php

OregonBorn

Good processed hash from self-grown lebanese must be a blast...

Deep creamy dates + mango aroma! :yummy:

OregonBorn: BHO can be even less in volume...

I want to make real Lebanese hash. The stuff I got in the 1970s. BHO is too potent and it strips terpenes. No hashishine terpenes result from processing that way either. I am also not supposed to BHO process plants at home. That is the law now anyway. They go back and forth on concentrates made from sifting plants. A pound of old school hashish? More than enough for me and 100 friends. I can grow 12 foot tall and 12 foot wide plants and get several pounds of buds from each, and make it all into a pound of good hash. Well, except my 24 ounce limit of bud. :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
OregonBorn, have you considered Malawi Cobbing?

You can look at it as a method half way between bud and hash in terms of volume reduction and increased concentration, specially if you press them tightly, 1/3d of volume is achieved.. depending on the plant, 1/5th or less.

Haven't weighted yet, but I'd say cobs end up weighting from 30-50% of original wet weight maximum I'd say.

With love and tender terpenes can be brought to another level in cobs... if you like hash I think you'll like how cobs "hashify" buds.

For me a suitable analogy: cured buds: blond tobacco; cobs: a gourmet cigar.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The trick we use is, take fresh frozen buds, and process them in a cold room into hash. Dry the hash well, then press it into live rosin. Keeps all the terps, and is ultra strong.

Its called Live Rosin

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Wish I had a good camera like you guys.

These Lebs have been seriously neglected,as we have had to be away a good deal of the season.I have 2 going outdoors,and both are lacking good size because we weren't able to get them out early enough.I had so wished for a male or some pollen so that I could get some additional seed,but alas,no such luck.Hopefully next time.

One of the Lebs has shown leaf dieback at the top of the plant from the onset,although it has had the same soil and care (or more accurately,lack of) as the other.

We'll be giving these another go most assuredly,as I feel I never gave them a real chance to shine.

Attachments

• Lebanese1.JPG
    Lebanese1.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Lebanese2.JPG
    Lebanese2.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Lebanese die back.JPG
    Lebanese die back.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 49

robotwithdreams

Veteran
The trick we use is, take fresh frozen buds, and process them in a cold room into hash. Dry the hash well, then press it into live rosin. Keeps all the terps, and is ultra strong.

Its called Live Rosin

I was thinking about trying some fresh frozen. Are you able to do some kind of dry sift with the fresh stuff by using dry ice? Or do you find yourself needing to sift via water n bubble bags? Thanks for any feedback.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
9-7 update

9-7 update

Hello my friends,
Here is a couple pictures of some of the Lebanese plants I have going.

This is the Lebanese #1 plant. She is now touching the ceiling. I feel her stretching has stopped. She is gaining weight and starting to form some trichomes on the buds.

This is the Lebanese #2. She has some trichomes on her leaves now. She is steadily gaining mass and has dense buds. From what I can smell #2 and #1 smell the same. A sweet melon scent is most noticeable to me. The buds on #1 also feel firm but are of a different structure and not as dense as #2.

This is the Lebanese x Erdpurt. The stretch is over and she is gaining bud mass rapidly. This plant was planted much later than most of mine this season. She will have to be in the center aisle next season. She also shared a pot for a while and may have had to compete for root space. I like this offering from Ace very much. Thanks Dubi!

Here is a pic looking in the door. I won't be able to take individual pictures until I harvest some of the earlier finishing plants.

The Panama Deep Chunk is the first plant in the center aisle.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
After another trip to the greenhouse. I had a better sense of smell. Both #1 and #2 Have a strong cedar aroma. Now I'm not picking up any sweet melon aromatics. I didn't smell any other plants first. I'm sure this had some effect earlier.
I'm more sad the season is coming to an end.
While the genetics window is narrower in this region than I hoped. (For my style of growing).
I have been able to refine a bountiful genetics catalog I really enjoy.
Peace. MedDakotabis

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Lebanese aroma

Lebanese aroma

After another trip to the greenhouse. I had a better sense of smell. Both #1 and #2 Have a strong cedar aroma. Now I'm not picking up any sweet melon aromatics. I didn't smell any other plants first. I'm sure this had some effect earlier.
I'm more sad the season is coming to an end.
While the genetics window is narrower in this region than I hoped. (For my style of growing).
I have been able to refine a bountiful genetics catalog I really enjoy.
Peace. MedDakotabis

Last edited:

OregonBorn

Its called Live Rosin

Yeah, I have been looking into making rosin. Sounds like a good way to make "concentrates".

PineNuts

Smell is identical to that of plants I visited in the Hunza region of Pakistan's Karakorum mountains. An extremely fresh smell. Mold resistance has proven to be poor for my region's higly variable day/night humidity (40%/90% RH). Heavily seeded with the polen from long-maturation Ace sativas, staying diligent with pruning off infected buds, and hoping for seed that inherits favorable mold resistance and keeps the great scent.

dugzy

That is some fine looking exotic cannabis repuk i hope you enjoy it. I remember the red and blonde Leb hash in white bags, seems a long time ago but it is great to see the plants that probably produced it being grown now.

dugzy

It was 5 bucks a gram in 74. The black hash was 8

How did you like the Leb in 74 Dr Purpur? The red was variable but the blonde was usually pretty fine, i am talking over a decade later here though. Later on it was all 'slate' which was only average, rarely a good batch.

Latest posts

Latest posts