What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A lil taste of pakistan

G

Thanks both of you, smokaholik and mriko.

I assume that the goat skin bags are 'tanned' hides, made into some sort of sealable bags? Are they air tight, or just so-so/sort of rolled up around the resin??

I guess that I'll have to add 'goat' to my hunting list this Fall!! lol!!

I imagine that their ground temperatures there are somewhat warmer than ours get here in the Summer, too.

Thanks again,

moose eater

G

Man you are one lucky camper.

My mum went there in the 60's. She loved it.

I am gonna go there some day and just smoke hash, eat goat and smoke hash.

Great trip report.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Sounds good man. My people are originally from Pakistan, but moved to India after partition. I've never been. Hopefully I'll get up there in the next couple of years...I need some 1000 rps blocks...hehe

Last edited:

smokaholik

hey glock, get ureself over there as soon as mate lol thers no time like the present

haha kuh de tah, ull be eating a lot and the food is to die for in pakistan finger licking goood lol

salaam Mr Mriko u can post any pix u would like my brotha lol so be my guest lol. thanx for the info and may i ask, was yarkhun valley and chitral snowing at that time (nov/dec) becuase ive been told over the winter there is no way in or out by road only a PIA folker flight if its clear weather so i was wondering if i had to go earlier and stay there. im hoping to visit some hash making factories next time im over to maybe ill join u hahah, any way my friend ive posted some more pix so i hope u enjoy.
Ps hope u have a happy ramzan and iknow what u mean- i wish we both had a few tolas each lol

here some pix of the plants i seen in jamrud Mriko just growing lazily on the raod next to shops

these one had the indica charactaristic and heres a close up of the leaves. The amazing thing it this pic was taken in march in springtime and look at the size already plus no ones feeds the plants but they still have a healthy look

heres 1 plant that was in early flowering with pistils present in THE MONTH OF MARCH and its looks more SAtiva, weird lol :yoinks:

heres another of my shopkeeper friends who passes my the chronic

his regulars

and the chronic i got from him

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
salam Smokaholic!
wow, more nice and yummy pics ! cool !

For going chitral, I think Lowari Pass is usually open til early November, but it depends on weather, and even when close to cas it might be possible to cross by foot. But it's possible as well to die, trying crossing it on a bad day, so carefull if by foot (if locals go then you can go). I have no idea wether Foker flight are still going. few months ago a plane crash in Punjab (old fokker 27) and the whole fleet was grounded, these are pretty old plane actually an are getting tired. Last time I was in Chitra one of'me almost crashed because the wheels wouldn't come down for landing. Thanks to a skilled pilot, the plane landed on its belly ! 3 days after I was myself hoping in one of them back to Peshawar, nice flight heheh...
For snow, well depends also. Decemeber you should find some in Yarkhun definitely (bottom of valley at 3000 meters), but I remember in 2004, there was a freak snow storm around Late Sept, the whole Chitral district was fully blasted, thousands of fruit and nut trees broken, cattles lost and sometime shepherds as well. Evrything is possible !

I'm not surprised at all to see some plants flowering in March, as I found some which were ready in June (chitral), hey this is homeland area for canaibs so thousands of pheno are there !

I assume that the goat skin bags are 'tanned' hides, made into some sort of sealable bags? Are they air tight, or just so-so/sort of rolled up around the resin??

Moose eater, skin is not air tight, but with to layers usually the packaging gets air tight. THese like the one shown allows subtle air exchange between inside and outside. For proper curing, the resin needs oxygen !
These are absolutely not "soso/sort of rolled up", it's bag, sawn and sealed.

Irie !

G

Thanks for the information, mriko. I know it was a lot of questions, but I figured that the specifics were important.

Thanks again for the answers.

moose eater

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
That hash looks sooo good. I like the pic of the charsis hanging out in the shop....nice! haha

G

hash, lovely hash -

just to see that has the full Homer Simpson effect

damn it's been a long while since I've smoked anything that's been wrapped in animal hide too lol

proper hash and proper sensi - that for me is what smoking is all about

a good friend of mine (a Brit) is a big fan of the NWF area of Pakistan - he had nothing but positive experiences there, even during the September 11th time

I should reallly get that R C Clarke book - anyone here read it

I had no idea curing was so important in hash too - but it explains a few things, and should have been obvious

I would sooner smoke the hash above and fine quality Moroccan etc. over bubble etc. anyday

Namkha

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I should reallly get that R C Clarke book - anyone here read it

yup ! nice book but very very little (and not always accurate) information on Pakistan.

I had no idea curing was so important in hash too - but it explains a few things, and should have been obvious

Indeed ! that's the difference between cannabis resin and hashish. Curing turns the resin into hashish! Last year I had some nice Batik Shan plants and sieved the bud leaves as soon as it was dry enough to do so. at that time the resin had very poor taste, and effect as well. after two months of curing, mymy, I had totally different product, with nice spicy Lebanese-like taste and a devastating effect.

Irie !

G

Great story and pics... I enjoyed reading of your travels very much... thank you for sharing with us!

havalota

Oh I loved your stories, thank you so much. I have that burning desire to travle the world to experiance new cultures and all. You make me want to go soo bad. Now if only I were rich enough to do all the traveling that I would like that would be great. We are working on going to Bolivia end of this month, still need a little money. Doing a humanitarian medical mission type of thing. should be a lot of fun. Would dearly love to do that in pakistan too. Ah well, maybe one day.

G

hi all, this is a great thread. i love to see these beautifull hash pictures and the hash cultures you have shared with the members of ic these are cultures on the fringe of extinction if new governments have their way with our freedoms. keep the pics and reports coming. :joint:

great photos and stories. Theres never any hash around my parts. After seeing your pics i think ill spring for those bubblebags next.

smokaholik

hi and peace to everyone and there families, sorryi have not been about for a while but i have been travelling

salaam Mriko and i hope u having a good ramadan my brotha, thanx for the information regarding travelling conditions to chitral, im going in 3 weeks inshallah , im also glad u enjoyed the pix

"hey this is homeland area for canaibs so thousands of pheno are there !"

U r so right again my brotha, while we where travelling in swat (hindu kush moatian range) we saw such a diverse number of phenos and strains scattered throughout that it was incredible ( more selction than a dam coffeshop lol) , we was given some seeds by friends from various areas who said the strains weher used for the last 14 years tomake hash and we picked other from plants that we saw that impressed all of which we collected. i Gave some seeds to friends who where looking for a 100% afghani but saw nothing on the market that tempted them, so i gave a selection of 25 mixed seeds away to various friends who got them underway, after a few no germs hereand there the results have been spectacular,my frienda have completed and choosen the phenos and strians, some of the most unique tasty and pungent weed i ihave smoked,, my friends adore them.

from upper swat valley the seeds produced wat my friends call a " real indica" short, squat, thck buds wiv that greasy taste and narotic high, wat we love to smoke for rainy days or bedtimes lol and soo tasty, mmmmm.

from tirich mir ( highest moanitan in hindu kush) the seeds thatwe where given i thought would bushy and short turned out to be taller slightly but longer flowering period, 67 days, soo spicy and like haze but not if u now whati mean and bami love this weed it gets u right in the eyes lol
il post some pix of the plants soon for u my friend

Maistre ill share tales wiv u netime my friend and thanx for the good ear its been a pleasure, wish i could have shared some hash wiv u to lol

Oi Namkha wipe da drool of ure chin my friend hehehe

Glock, yes it was cool to sit in the shop and smoke wiv the charsis, u realise then through listening to the conversation that no matter where u from a pot head is a pot head and same talk would occur weather ure in a dmm coffeeshop or in cali lol, were all the same.

Scorpion king, thanx mate and my advice, get the bubblebags in asap, take it the next level lol

Havolta, good to see u helping out in bolivia mate and have a good one, yes pakistan is awsome my friend ihope u plan to visit this neck of the woods one day,

Eastcoast and jingles, my friend i hope that soon you can travel and see diferrent cultures, jingles it my pleasure to share wiv ic memebers and hoipfully ill have more pix soon, eastcoast its hard to imagine thati was there and smoked and seen wat i seen, its incredible

heres a link to pix of pakistan, i reccomend that everyone view it as its astonishing and to think i visisted them places and smoked the chronic there, a dream !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35663537@N00/

Xtbudda

Very nice story and descriptions, smokaholic!!!!!!
Where, they store it in the ground, does the ground cool at night and then heat up during the day. If this is so, I wonder if this has an effect on curing? The Hash over in those parts are amazing. Once, when i had the pleasure of being in Damascus, hehe, I grabbed some of the hardest Blonde Leb I ever encountered. Heating it up, just burnt it ,so I would break it with a hammer into smaller pieces and smoke gram(s) size joints.
I never waisted so much hash in my life, but hey, $30US for a chunk of hash that filled the palm of my hand, I was a happy camper.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful thread, thanks for spending the time to share.....cant wait to see some pics of the plants that grew from seeds you collected
Peace

smokaholik

hi everyone and thanx for keeping this thread alive hehehe

XTbudda yes im positive that there is a change in temprature in the ground where they bury the hash, most of production is done nwfp of pakistan border areas with afghanistan, they days can get hot and at night towards winter the ground can freeeze over. Mriko r u out there to help clarify lol, i hope this helps xt, By the way i know exactly wat u mean when u say "i never wasted so much hash in my life" im afriad i been giulty of that to :yoinks:

Truecannabliss thanx for ure inpit my friend, and as u requested here are pix for u

Ill start wiv the real indica my friends and i loveabd who wil never leave the garden now lol, the seeds we from upper swat valley in the hindu kush and this is what they produced

G

great to see a Swat valley line make its first appearance here!

nice work,

Namkha

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Well yes, for sure, temp variations plays some role. But better is to keep the resin in cool environment, so burying should be done deep enough fornot being influence by temp variations in the air. This is like wine definitely, for best, LONG curing need cool temp with very few varitations if not constant.

I had once left a 40 gr piece of Mazar charas in aziplock bag, stored for 2 month in a store room in Peshawar. Fiercely hot in there, minimum 50° in the pm (was in July/August). The hash was cooked slowly slowly, and turned from lightbrown to almost black color, and the smell had develloped an amazing cocoa scent, bwai !in the zip bag, I could see the oil which had leaked out of the piece here and there. Turnedd out nicely, but too long of this rough treatment would rahter proove unhealthy for the hash. Resin needs coolness to cure ideally and be turned into hash.

My, these a great looing plant you have here smokaholic ! Big thumbs up !

Irie !