What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HazyBulldog

Just tried to google that and it came up with electrician bags.

I ordered up 500 flower bags, but haven't got any bubble bags yet. Working with somebody extracted recommended, and they are going to make me a pre-press dye as well. Can you elaborate on the ab25 muir bags please.

H

HazyBulldog

Yes, that makes more sense.

I just bought another trimmer. The trim pal jr wasn't cutting it. Picked up the Trimminator dry trimmer, and was thinking of picking up the kief attachment with it as well. I already have a large pollen tumbler, and the APE, but why not. Picking it up on Thursday by end of day. Stoked! I have one trimmer lady, that can produce 4lbs a day by herself. Starting to make a dent finally.

O

Oakhills

Those kief tumblers look pretty sweet, especially the big 5# version you got Hazy! Damn. I'll bet it's good to clean it after every run because the trich's will stick to the mesh, then to each other, leading to less of a return.

I'll have a couple #'s of nugs from my de-seeding of flowers. I tend to squeeze the buds to feel for the beans so they are compacted. I don't think a kief tumbler will work with those.... I was thinking of using the dehuey to get the compacted buds as dry as I can, then break up and make like a dry sift with it, in order to get the remaining resin... Then on to either rosin or QWET oil....

Thoughts? Anyone? Thanks!

H

HazyBulldog

Today is the day, my rosin frame should arrive. Got my trimminator dry set up yesterday, and going to break her in today. Much better design than any other model I have seen, I will let you guys know how it works.

If you guys enjoyed my thread, maybe show me a little love in this thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7690513#post7690513
They didn't even up me up to vote on for favorite thread. Since I have one of the biggest threads in the outdoor section, I thought I deserved a nomination. If you agree, let the contest provider know. Thanks everybody.

H

HazyBulldog

Those kief tumblers look pretty sweet, especially the big 5# version you got Hazy! Damn. I'll bet it's good to clean it after every run because the trich's will stick to the mesh, then to each other, leading to less of a return.

I'll have a couple #'s of nugs from my de-seeding of flowers. I tend to squeeze the buds to feel for the beans so they are compacted. I don't think a kief tumbler will work with those.... I was thinking of using the dehuey to get the compacted buds as dry as I can, then break up and make like a dry sift with it, in order to get the remaining resin... Then on to either rosin or QWET oil....

Thoughts? Anyone? Thanks!

Not sure exactly what you are asking......

Yes, I would just dry the herb to a crisp, then break it all up. Then I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014NBMZ6S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 However the seeds feel through the smallest hole, so buy one with the smallest screen being half the size.

After that, turn it into concentrate. If you do turn it into rosin, you will have to re-hydrate your material. Rosin likes to be around 60% RH, or else there is no water to drive the steam distillation.

MrBungle

I thought just packing sugar leaf into a mold and squishing that was the cats meow... doesn't tumbling out the kif seem like an extra step that isnt needed for rosin? (just trying to help the post count) 3 more to go

H

HazyBulldog

lol, post count.

I would rather press 1 lb of kief than 10 pounds of trim. I use bags, at 1$ a piece. A 10x cost difference starts to make a difference. I will still press my flowers, and littles. However, trim gets spun. When my new setup gets complete, I should be able to produce around 10lbs of kief a day.

H

HazyBulldog

Still can't for some reason, and it's been a while.

BTW, just wanted to say for the record Bulldog and I teamed up to finish this thread. The dynamic duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts