What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Shrooms

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Citric acid convert some of the ingredients

If the extract is heated or kept for too long, the psilocybin is converted to psilocin. The alkaloids are quite soluble in acid and it doesn't take long to extract them at room temperature. Methanol gives a cleaner extract that can be evaporated and then defatted and all, without alteration.

Nasal spray sounds fun

I hereby claim an invention comprising mushroom alkaloids in a suppository formulation. HappyButt *TM Pre-order now or be left out.

Psilocybin pills in a pharmacy just like any other drug sounds funner.

Veggia farmer

If the extract is heated or kept for too long, the psilocybin is converted to psilocin. The alkaloids are quite soluble in acid and it doesn't take long to extract them at room temperature. Methanol gives a cleaner extract that can be evaporated and then defatted and all, without alteration.

I dont do it to necessarily extract, but the conversion makes the effect a little difference. Not much but a little.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
i gotta ask guys where's all these great mushroom pix like i saw in the earlyier pages????? i would love to see some more.

also i would like to know more about the different potencies assocated with the different strains of mushrooms? could anybody shed some light on that for me too?:chin:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Has anyone tried "Uncle Bens Tec"? It looks easier but I heard there is a higher risk of contamination. Basically buy a couple bags of the precooked sterile rice at the store, inoculate with a spore sringe to grow a cake, put the cake in a substrate of Coco in a very small plastic tub. Sterile is everything though. I have been wanting to try this sometime.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Got a little ahead of myself thinking I would be birthing jars soon. Even though instructions say that the bottom of the jar, the last 5 - 10%, is slowest to fully colonize, I thought as fast as they were going they'd finish soon. Almost there now. But even once fully colonized you're supposed to wait at least another three days to make sure the center is fully colonized. So hopefully next weekend.

picture.php

Found a nice easy straightforward writeup for PF Tek.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086/fpart/1/vc/1

Very similar instructions that came with the kit. But the kit allows to jump straight to inoculation. Got everything to make my own cakes, so getting ready to finish off the syringes following the linked guide.

Most say: a cube is a cube is a cube.

Some say: a cube is a cube is a cube - unless it's Penis Envy.

(A claim that it's more potent than others)

But for greatest potency it seems it's best to leave cubensis behind. Psilocybe azurescens supposedly is the most potent. But a whole other animal to grow. I enjoyed reading this:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science...rip-on-the-most-potent-magic-mushroom/561860/

(And yep, got myself a syringe. :biggrin:)
I’m having this very same issue with PF tek kits, they have mostly turned white but last bits are taking forever. I’m wondering if recent lower temps could have anything to do with it?

Strain is Albino Penis Envy.

RockinRobot

LOL DON'T BUY KITS. DON'T SHOOT SPORES TO GRAIN. AND DEFINITELY DON'T DO UNCLE BENS TEK.

Learn to make agar and grow out clean cultures and properly sterilize grain. Even if you want to do PF Tek DIY and don't buy premade jars. PF tek can be sterilized in a steamer pot.

The most expensive thing in growing mushrooms is your time. Nothing worse than waiting weeks just to throw shit away and start over.

My last Tub of Nats. Flush 2

20230419_103521.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts