What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What have you cloned?

HerbChambers

This summer I took cutting off a forsythia and a lilac. All of the forsythia rooted and about 1/2 the lilacs. I put them in the ground towards the end of summer and hope they survive through winter. This spring i’d like to take cuttings of blueberries and rhododendrons.

What plants have you had luck cloning?

I wood

Many different cacti.
And a few fig trees in the early 90s, one is still growing at my moms house. It is about seven feet tall with a trunk about 3” wide.

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a tomato plant.

My mom, on the other hand, has cloned hundreds of different plants. If she accidentally breaks a limb off of something while she's planting it, she'll stick it in a glass of water and sure enough it will root eventually.

Right now she's got a cutting from a Banana Plant that just started to form calluses after 7 weeks.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Cannabis, san pedro, basil, stevia, rosemary. Probably a few more but the memory is not working its best at the moment.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I like taking cuttings, rosemary and select tomatoes, and pepper plants.

Cannabis, duh.

Gardening well is a skill I trust we all aspire to.

There is a most excellent thread here in grafting cannabis, stellar.

hellfire

Lavender, bamboo, cactus, tomatoes, and peppers. I have rooted a ficus clone and a blue spruce clone before. I want to get hardwood clones for bonsais collected and rooted.

Succulents, tomatoes, cannabis, and some sort of vine that just popped up in one of my indoor no-till pots. Seems pretty easy as long as you have patience to monitor a cup of water and change out the water every two days for a few weeks. An online friend elsewhere has cloned quite a few kratom plants -those each took several weeks, along with his neem tree.

St. Phatty

Cloned some creeping myrtle recently.

I was trying to remove the blackberry around the Creeping Myrtle & ended up cutting a few pieces of Myrtle.

Saved those pieces & Planted them in soil.

3 of them "took" & rooted.

2 of those, the cat dug up.

G

growhigh1233

cherry, pear, plumb, apple trees ............. hard wood cuttings............do them outside in the ground in autumn.........by spring the rooted clones produce leafs....the duds don't,...... usually 50% success rate ... i get about 70% in a very sheltered spot, with sand in the soil for drainage and rooting hormone

Tomatoes, Rosmarin and yeah Cannabis for sure.

And a lot more what I can't remember when I was a kid with my grandma, no Cannabis back then haha.

Green Squall

I'm going to attempt cloning a Christmas Cactus by request of my Aunt. Apparently its easy as cutting off a few leaf segments and soaking it in water until a root forms. The original cuttings came from my Grandfather, so these plants are pretty damn old.

H

hard rain

Quite a few different succulents, tomatoes, blue ginger, many roses, carnations, and cannabis.

St. Phatty

fig tree branches lay on the ground, i covered them with dirt and waited 6 months.

some of them rooted.

dug it up, potted it, grew it out, re-planted it somewhere so the deer can eat the figs.

'Boogieman'

Tomatoes are probably the easiest imo.

Attachments

• 20200702_204635.jpg
    20200702_204635.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200702_204419.jpg
    20200702_204419.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200702_204505.jpg
    20200702_204505.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 47