What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99, Chem 91, Girl Scout Cookies, Harlequin, Headband, Sour Diesel, Strawberry Cough

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was my most recent grow, from last fall through this January.

I'm not claiming these strains are all the real deal. I bought 6 dispensary clones last year. Chem 91, Girl Scout Cookies, Harlequin, Headband, Sour Diesel, and Strawberry Cough. I'm pretty sure the Harlequin is legit. The Headband, Strawberry Cough, and GSC are all awesome. The Chem 91 and Sour Diesel are nice, but I'm pretty sure they aren't the elite cuttings they were supposed to be.

I threw in a couple clones of my all time favorite strain, Cinderella 99. This was a special plant I selected from 20 Gypsy Nirvana F2s I grew in 2011.

This is right after I transplanted them to 12" pots. Mostly 12" pots. I ran out, so a couple on the left are in 14" pots. The yellowish ones on the left and right are old mother plants I added to fill up the grow tent. I had a total of 25 plants in a 5x5 tent.

picture.php

The newly transplanted babies in their home. I switched to 12/12 that night. I put the taller plants around the outside.

picture.php

Last edited:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
nice.. vast improvement to how some of them started off. ive always wanted a decent c99 but never found one as good as ive wished for..

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I harvested the 2 C99 plants at day 49. I put them in the middle of the tent since they were the shortest. They got outgrown by the plants around them, so they didn't yield much. The yield was low, but the quality is definitely there. :)

56 days:

picture.php

I harvested the other plants individually between the 60 and 70 day points.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After the trimming is done. :)

picture.php

Total yield was just over a pound of bud and just over a pound of leaves and trim. Not great, but not bad for a 1000 watt light. I used all of the leaves and trim to make hash and tinctures. I'll post those pics later.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice.. vast improvement to how some of them started off. ive always wanted a decent c99 but never found one as good as ive wished for..

The original C99 from Brothers Grimm was the first named strain I grew. I've grown F2s from 3 breeders since then. The originals (4 females) were all awesome. The F2s can be awesome, but there's more variation.

The one here was the best out of 9 females I got from 20 seeds. It's worth starting as many seeds as you have room for so you'll have more females to choose from.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is an intermediate step in tincture making. I did a butane extraction on each batch of trim to make BHO. I then did 2 isopropanol extractions to get a greenish oil for tinctures.

picture.php

1.65 grams of Headband shatter from trim. I was in a rush that month, so I wasn't as careful as I could have been. A few leaf fragments made it into the hash.

picture.php

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Girl Scout Cookies hash oil before purging:

picture.php

Total yield for this batch was 2.46 grams.

picture.php

picture.php

1.00 grams of Chem 91 hash:

picture.php

picture.php

Wu Wei

Hi there m314 I noticed you said you have a 5x5 tent, I am just wondering what size is that in meter's? Is it a 1.2 meter squared? Great thread you have here, peace :ying:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there m314 I noticed you said you have a 5x5 tent, I am just wondering what size is that in meter's? Is it a 1.2 meter squared? Great thread you have here, peace :ying:

It's about 1.6 meters on each side. It was advertised as 5 feet on each side, but it was a few inches bigger.

I'm taking a little break from growing at the moment, but I'm still thinking about the next grow. I'll probably go with air cooled hoods next time, maybe with 2 lights in a slightly bigger tent.

Wu Wei

It's about 1.6 meters on each side. It was advertised as 5 feet on each side, but it was a few inches bigger.

I'm taking a little break from growing at the moment, but I'm still thinking about the next grow. I'll probably go with air cooled hoods next time, maybe with 2 lights in a slightly bigger tent.

Ah right is see, wow so you got a bit extra free that's great :)

Dose growing stress you out brother, I only ask because you said you are on a little break? I am only just on my first grow now...

Wow what are air cooled hoodes they sound awesome, I am using a giant 300w CFL can I get a air cooled hood for my cfl? A bigger tent that one sounds huge haha, mine is only a 4x4 and that looks big to me haha :)

Peace brother :ying:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah right is see, wow so you got a bit extra free that's great :)

Dose growing stress you out brother, I only ask because you said you are on a little break? I am only just on my first grow now...

Wow what are air cooled hoodes they sound awesome, I am using a giant 300w CFL can I get a air cooled hood for my cfl? A bigger tent that one sounds huge haha, mine is only a 4x4 and that looks big to me haha :)

I did my first grow in 2000. It doesn't stress me out anymore. It used to when I lived on the East Coast. It's less risky here in California.

I'm taking a break because growing as a hobby can become like a part time job. I already have a full time job. I want more free time to go out, have fun, meet girls, things like that.

I haven't sold any of my last few harvests, so I'm set for a long time. :) I've got a freezer full of bud and hash and a cabinet full of tinctures. The only way I'll run out in the next year or two is if I meet some girl who's a serious pothead (like my last gf).

I haven't used CFLs before. I started with the long fluoro tubes with my first grow and ended up getting a 400W HPS for flowering. I didn't have any problems with temps using a regular Adjust A Wing hood with a 1000W HPS for the last few grows. Air cooled hoods would help keep things cool with two lights.

What strains are you growing? My first grow with bag seed didn't turn out that well, but my second grow was awesome. 5 ounces of the best bud I had ever had by far.

Wu Wei

I did my first grow in 2000. It doesn't stress me out anymore. It used to when I lived on the East Coast. It's less risky here in California.

I'm taking a break because growing as a hobby can become like a part time job. I already have a full time job. I want more free time to go out, have fun, meet girls, things like that.

I haven't sold any of my last few harvests, so I'm set for a long time. :) I've got a freezer full of bud and hash and a cabinet full of tinctures. The only way I'll run out in the next year or two is if I meet some girl who's a serious pothead (like my last gf).

I haven't used CFLs before. I started with the long fluoro tubes with my first grow and ended up getting a 400W HPS for flowering. I didn't have any problems with temps using a regular Adjust A Wing hood with a 1000W HPS for the last few grows. Air cooled hoods would help keep things cool with two lights.

What strains are you growing? My first grow with bag seed didn't turn out that well, but my second grow was awesome. 5 ounces of the best bud I had ever had by far.

Wow you have been a gardener for a while now then. Ah right that is good that you are in a less risky place now then...

I understand what you mean about going out more I am sure it is like a second job for you because you have been doing it so long and I am sure you master the plants!

Well I hope all goes well for you and you find yourself a nice girlfriend brother!!

Haha that's awesome a freezer full of budd, the nicest looking inside of a freezer ever! Well at least you have yourself sorted so you can enjoy. Wow and hash too happy days! Haha if you do get a pot head girlfriend she will be more than happy to blaze up all that with you!

Not many people do use cfl from what I have read, they use them for vege and mothers only, I am thinking of getting a hps to flower my girls, but worried about the temps because I have been told that hps are much hotter than cfl! Wow you had no temp problems with a 1k hps, I am thinking of getting a 600 hps? Ah right they help keep them cool, I will have to look into them because I am weary of the temps if I get the hps.

I am growing big buddha cheese, GHS kalashnikova, sweet seeds cream caramel, GDP bay 11 which popped up today :) advanced seeds blue diesel auto, I purchased the auto to have some budd while waiting for the rest. I also have 5 female seeds company purple maroc to go in my garden, I am just wondering how big they will be in my garden haha?

Yea many people say their first grow don't go too well, I hope mine goes ok, I will be happy with whatever I get I am quite easily pleased :) 5oz for your second grow that sounds awesome!