What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landscaping Project.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
A fellow gardener...good to see.

The principles of growing cannabis equate to any plant...light, food, water.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I predict amazing results all over your garden...
"Bastard Trenching", i love it!
Keep it up because i enjoy it very much and i am always learning new stuff in here :)

RudeDog

Veteran
What's your soil like Eggy? Looks like clay beneath the topsoil. I see you got the pick axe on standby....

Look at the digging as a workout mate, makes it easier mentally.

The spade I have is kind of a cross between a shovel and a spade. When I pull it out the soil it sound like pulling a sword from it's sheath..lol. Gladiator spade....

Good work mate. Get the missus to give you a rub down for the aching limbs.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey RD.. Yep clay for me : ( garden is south facing so not all bad.

Forgot to mention this Rhus I got.. Was spreading formo someones back garden in to a local carpark, has been in this pot about a month so think that it's taken. Was looking at then a while ago in the garden centre but they were really lanky, the plan is to keep this one short and bushy.

picture.php

Also moved the shed last night which has really opened the garden up.

Next big job is chop the dead tree down.. Sacred of the chainsaw so will be getting some help from the cop who busted my grow lol.

B

bonecarver_OG

WTF hehe is the cop gonna help you! hehe amazing :D sorry to hear u got busted btw :(

chainsaws are nice tools, there is no real danger in using them with the proper safetty equipment, and beeing very carefull.

hope the tree is good material for some garden decoration - usually roots and such can make really gnarly looking pieces to put in flower beds. if i use roots or old trees, i clean of all treebark, and give it a few hands of oil or even use products to make it look darker.

if not u got propably a nice pile of fire wood! :D

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Does anyone know why farmers keep such a small herd of cows? is it just to keep the grass under control?

Eggy
One:
Taxes, don't know about England's tax laws, but sometimes zoning differently has huge benefits or operational costs.

Two:
Overflow...

Three:
Hippies.

Four:
Anybody's guess.
:blowbubbles:

Big Eggy

Veteran
WTF hehe is the cop gonna help you! hehe amazing :D sorry to hear u got busted btw :(

Hhaha not really a bust but more on the lines "I think you should get rid of those soonish"

tree will come down in two weeks.

think the tree will become fire wood for the winter.. Gas prices are crazy here and coal is £7-8 for 25kgs.

Here's a Rhus "Staghorn Sumac" I scavanged, it was growing from undersome ones fence through concret :eek:

picture.php

It's been in this pot for about 6weeks it has started putting out new growth so fingeres crossed it over winters. I think i'm gonna plant this over the back in the no-mans land.

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hello fellow Gardeners,

It's been a tough few weeks of digging into the night when i get home from work trying to get this finished.

I must admit i'm sick of double digging now.. but came home yesterday and the Mrs had managed to level the site while the kids were in bed at lunch time.

All that needs doing now is to smooth out the hollows.. for this i'm using a ladder with some rope tied to it and a scaffold board placed on top with some rocks on.. this gets dragged over the soil and helps smooth out the bumps and dips.

Will top dress the soil with a granulated fert (7-7-7) at the weekend at 50g per M'sq leave it for three days and then as soon as the wind drops sow the seed.

heres a few pics.. sorry for the quility it was getting dark... oh yeah.. the tree is down however the chain saw packed up soon after so will have to wait to finish the job.

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers for taking the time to look at this non MJ related thread.. all the kind words keep me going.

Eggy

paulo73

Veteran
I predict a beautiful and luscious garden for 2012.
All thanks to you Big Eggy! Keep it up my friend.

E

edgey

your doing well m8 , totally forgot to drop in on this one

keep up the good work it'll all pay off come next spring when its better weather to enjoy it

edgey

RudeDog

Veteran
Looks good mate...A few big pots with autos in next year, a lawn like the pitch at St. James. Ideal.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Looks good mate...A few big pots with autos in next year, a lawn like the pitch at St. James. Ideal.

Lol.. Think the Autos will be hidden behind the shed (Mrs on the war path again).. Maybe i should paint the back White?... Luckly i get full sun in that spot from sun up till late afternoon in the summer.

As for St. James.. I'd be happy with a Haven Holidays Pitch N Putt.

Garden Update

The area has been top dressed and now just waiting for the wind to die down a bit before i sow the seed.. Made a nice 1m x 1m bamboo cane square and will be sowing at a rate of 70g / M'sq broadcast sown in both dirctions ^ / >.

The only jobs i've got left are feeding my shrubs and general tidying up.. want to try and water proof my out house as it's an double skined Asbestos Cement roof with big cracks in both layers.

My options are limited as the lower skin is shared with next doors out building so to replace it would involve sawing it out.. not something i feel comfotable with.

I think the plan of action will be add a series of joists inside the building forcing the lower skin of the roof back to it's original position (currently being propped up with a peice of wood verticaly in the middle of the room.)

Once thats sorted mend the leak on the outa skin with felt flasings and or sealing it with acylic roofing paint.

Once i know that the it's water tight i'll plasterboard the inside and replace the window.. etc etc.

The idea is to creat a lean-to from the house to the outhouse and and get a power supply installed.

i'll get some pics up soon to give you a better idea of what i mean.

Eggy

Elsweeto

Eggy dude good to see this here I'm just started on a project like this and its good to see someone else making progress.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Thanks dude, sorry i've been away so long but with out a grow going on it's hard. The garden is slowly coming back to life although we'v had a couple of hard frosts recently so digging has been ruled out. The grass is looking ok.. A little yellow in places but i'm hoping that will go when spring is fully here.
I'll see what photos i've got stored on my phone and do a mini update when i'm at work.

Eggy

paulo73

Veteran
Nice.
I look forward to those photos.
Take it easy Big Eggy.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
I like where this is going man.
You are going to have an amazing backyard soon.
Good luck :tiphat:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Okey heres the mini update as promised.. i will take some more photos at the weekend to bring things right upto date.

Lawn 2nd Nov 2011

picture.php

Lawn 20th Nov 2011

picture.php

picture.php

This is a fence i started building (now complete and stained dark brown).. It looks really nice finished.

picture.php

And this was fairly interesting.. i found a flint arrowhead when removing all the stones before seeding. Have had a museum look at it and they think that because of the presence of a tang at the base that it dates from the late stone age to early bronze age 4000 - 3000 BCE

picture.php

Thats about it really..

got a couple of nice shrubs reasy for the spring in the sales.. 1 x Clematis Armandii and a Choisya White Dazzler which is a rework of Aztec Pearl and supposadlly flowers twice Sping and Autumn.

Only a little longer and i can start growing some MJ again yay!

The outhouse/lean-to project went abit crazy last month during the planing stage.. went from a simple lean-to to a full on extention.. after costing the foundations and the amount of digging required we have gone back to the origingal design.. a lean-to. Maybe in the near future an extention might be more affordable.

Thanks again for all the support!

Eggy

Latest posts

Latest posts