What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cold weather affect flowering time?

mrsmall

Hi Peeps , been a long time,,

Currently I am doing a run that usually takes 7-8 weeks flowering time,liberty haze strain

it has been mighty cold in my space and temps have been down to 5 degrees at lights out,

I am now on week 8 and am not sure if the cold has slowed down the flowering and/or they are not going to go any further ,, buds are still majority white , not many oranges as yet ,, when normally they would be 80% orange by now,

I'm growing in coco hempy buckets,

anyone have any idea on this ?
thanks in advance

oh yeah it will slow things to a crawl

not only that but looks taste and smell are affected too
you can just heat them or wait as long as they don't freeze

mrsmall

Thanks slapmehard,

I was thinking it slowed them down,, just hoping it has not killed them or stopped them growing,, temps are picking up now so it won't be getting that cold again

hopefully another week or 2 should finish them off
thanks

In agreement with slapmehard, cooler flowering temperatures can add a week or two to the usual flowering time. I have also found that cooler temps result in leafier buds but with more resin and better terps.